Omowale Jabali : Elysium

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
I went to see the movie today. Started to nap before the turning point until someone kicked the chair next to me.

In the future year 2154. I won't give detail concerning the plot. In regards to the characters and setting, it was well into the movie that it became known that we were looking at Los Angeles in the future. I thought it was in the Middle East. I only remember seeing two, maybe three, Black men in the movie. Minor characters. No Black women. The citizens of Los Angekes were mostly Hispanic and Middle Eastern looking. It's a look into what America and Europe are becoming due to increased immigration of Hispanics and Muslims. A dying and diseased planet. Welcome to the Fall of America where there is no future for Black people.

Elysium. The Elysian Fields. Mentioned as such in the Egyptian Book of the Dead. The Elysian Fields do exist in Los Angeles. The area near Downtown and Dodger Stadium. In mythology it's similar to Paradise.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elysium

Shut the system down. Reboot. Take control of your destiny. Before its too late.

I went to see the movie today. Started to nap before the turning point until someone kicked the chair next to me.

In the future year 2154. I won't give detail concerning the plot. In regards to the characters and setting, it was well into the movie that it became known that we were looking at Los Angeles in the future. I thought it was in the Middle East. I only remember seeing two, maybe three, Black men in the movie. Minor characters. No Black women. The citizens of Los Angekes were mostly Hispanic and Middle Eastern looking. It's a look into what America and Europe are becoming due to increased immigration of Hispanics and Muslims. A dying and diseased planet. Welcome to the Fall of America where there is no future for Black people.

This subject has come up before. I remember Whoopie saying that when she saw Lavar Burton on Star Trek, she felt good because that let her know that blacks were going to be in the future. I remember reading about this subject when The Matrix installment that had Dr west, and a host of other blacks in it.

This is something to take note of.

Peace!

Elysium. The Elysian Fields. Mentioned as such in the Egyptian Book of the Dead. The Elysian Fields do exist in Los Angeles. The area near Downtown and Dodger Stadium. In mythology it's similar to Paradise.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elysium

Shut the system down. Reboot. Take control of your destiny. Before its too late.

Interesting link, thank you.

Peace!

Bro. Omo, are you planning to see "The Butler? I understand its a true story. I don't get to the movies much, but you've peaked my interest on this one and I had already decided.to see."The Butler".
I find it very helpful when our members here share some insight on movies they've seen.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back