Omowale Jabali : Elysium

butterfly#1

Mar 10, 2011
Bro. Omo/Kemetstry, have you read/heard that ELYSIUM is a racist movie?

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Bro. Omo/Kemetstry, have you read/heard that ELYSIUM is a racist movie?

Of course. But I'm a sci fi writer and blogger so I never pay much attention to reviews and critics. I check every film and reach my own conclusions.

I encourage you to do the same. It's more about classism than race, but the two are linked.

Alex Jones, infowars, I care less. I live in LA and the brothers I meet with discussed this last Sunday. If we project ourselves 150 years, do we see a community of Black people?

I can very well imagine white people escaping from here to a "mother ship" and leaving the rest of us here as trash in a population control and waste management dump after they pollute this planet with their waste, greed and corruption.

I think escape from LA had a similar theme.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Alarm Clock

May 6, 2013
One of the deep movies that Damon has been involved with to reveal crap about the Oligarchy; The Good Shepherd, The Green Zone, Syriana, and this;
The first five minutes brings to reality those who claim to be White what police brutality is, and what Black folks face all the time in many states! I say claim to be White cause in this flik Damon is a White actor portraying a hispanic!

The escapist space station of the vested gentry may be actually real! Maybe in space, or underground, and that is why they have no fear of a WW3 Atomic war!

The movie itself however is an amalgam of cliches from about 35 older sci fi; dystopian future; made for theater, straight to VHS and straight to DVD movies, going back to the late 70s!

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Feeling good today fam...just been reading a couple of books. I think Dennis Kimbro's "Daily Motivations for African American Success" is one of the best motivational books on the market. This book has motivation for each day of the year on each page and all of these relate to your own Blackness. No matter what you're experiencing there's something in that book you could draw from. ✊
Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love: