Black People : Election 2006

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by pfa1451usa, Feb 14, 2006.

1. pfa1451usa

pfa1451usa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I’m old enough to remember when my grandfather first voted in Brownsville, Tennessee. "Whites only” signs, traveling south early in the morning to avoid areas not safe at night. Packing enough food, and watching my parents map out “sanctuaries” for toilet use and gasoline, for all would not serve you.

I’m old enough to remember when Western Michigan University (WMU) first allowed black students to live on campus. The public schools here in a northern city, Kalamazoo, Michigan, were first integrated by court order in 1965.

In the course of research and conversation, I’ve taken the time to examine the Republican Party. I’ve been a member and frequent visitor to this particular site http://lucianne.com for approximately five (5) years, in order to garner some appreciation for the perspective of the true Republican Party and it participants.

Any articles concerning Afro-Americans or Africa are normally met with contempt, racial stereotypes and a tendency to categorize all people of color within the same narrow-minded definitions (Sorry Condi, General Powell, Judge Thomas, Thomas Sowell, JC Watts, Walter Williams, Ronald Paige, etc., you don’t escape the fray). As Malcolm said, “What do you call a Negro with a PHD? “n”…..). For those finding solace within the Republican Party, I’d suggest you might consider reviewing this “Conservative Republican” site.

In 1948, Strom Thurmond walked out of the Democratic Convention. This so-called group of “Dixiecrats” did so because the platform of Harry Truman included the concept of social integration for the “Negro”. They subsequently embraced the Republican platform and have been the basis for Richard Nixon’s, Ronald Reagan’s, and both Bush presidencies “Southern Strategy” ever since.

I do understand the Democratic Party considers us a granted vote and concession. There was a thread here considering the position of a “coalition government” and a third party concept for Afro-Americans. Would anyone care to share local, state or other issues and candidates that we should all be aware of?

2. pfa1451usa

pfa1451usa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1