Black People Politics : ELECT CYNTHIA MCKINNEY FOR PRESIDENT

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by DARKSIDE MAGICK, Jul 8, 2008.

1. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

SINCE NO ONE HAS SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BEAUTIFUL WOMAN.

Both Black and white progressives deliberately made themselves irrelevant to the Democratic campaign by failing to challenge Obama before and during the primary season. Now there is one remaining chance to put a healthy fear into Obama and to help build a Black-led movement that will fight for progressive values after the election is over: solidarity with Cynthia McKinney.

McKinney, whose last act in Congress was to submit articles of impeachment against George Bush in 2006; who courageously questioned the White House version of events before and after September 11, 2001; who acted as a one-person conscience of the House Armed Services Committee, speaking out against corporate and military mega-theft under both Clinton and Bush; who has with amazing consistency always placed principle above her own personal and electoral fortunes, is at this juncture in history the only vehicle through which progressives can both register their outrage at Obama and begin the process of rebuilding a mass, Black-led movement for real social change.

http://www.runcynthiarun.org/

2. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759

There is only one problem with her brother! The other folks dont like her like that so we wont get behind her. That is the cold hard truth about the matter. As i have allways said i thank the women is the iissshh and i wish it was tens of thousands mo like her. Then a brother would not allways have to answer the question" whats wrong why u allways look so angry all the time?"
    because they would all ready know!

hotep

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

Yeah, you right! Now if is she and rev. Jerimiah wright was running for president and VP that would be a force. But her and Obama!?....he'd have a better chance pickin Huey P. Newton....lol

4. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Cynthia McKinney's statement on Obama nomination
    While congratulating Sen. Obama for a feat well done, I would also like to bring home the very real need for change and a few of the issues that must be addressed for the change needed in this country to be real. First of all, a few of the more obvious facts: United for a Fair Economy (UFE) produces studies each year on the anniversary of the birth of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. entitled State of the Dream reports. UFE has found that on some indices, the racial disparities that exist today are worse than at the time of the murder of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.; for example, infant mortality, where the overall U.S. world ranking falls below Cuba, Israel and Canada.They also have found that, without a public policy intervention, it would take over 5,000 years to close the home ownership gap between Blacks and whites in this country, especially exacerbated because of the foreclosure crisis disproportionately facing Blacks and Latinos today.
    http://www.iacenter.org/o/us/obama_mckinney061508/
    The Power to the People Campaign has visited 24 states, and I believe there is already broad support across our country for these policy positions. The people deserve an open and honest debate on these issues and more. I encourage the Democratic Party and its new presumptive nominee, Sen. Obama, to embrace these important suggestions for policy initiatives.

5. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Would have preferred McKinney over Obama... but neither Elephant nor Donkey wanted any part of the Sister.

Much respect to Cynthia McKinney, who is still doing the do even without an official position of Amerikkkan token power, which was snatched away because she spoke with authority and conviction.

[​IMG]
    (image is not from 2014 convention)

Cynthia Speaks at 2014 Veterans For Peace Convention in Asheville, NC

Cynthia McKinney
    Veterans for Peace 2014 Convention
    Asheville, North Carolina
    July 26, 2014

Thank you so much for inviting me to be with you this evening. I don’t know whose idea it was, but I thank you from the bottom of my heart for building this bridge to me.

I awoke this morning to the sounds of nature: birds chirping and I looked outside to this beautiful natural environment and thought to myself, no matter how hard humans try to replicate what is natural, only Mother Nature can do what I see now and what I saw yesterday as my plane arrived near dusk into Asheville.

My thoughts then went to movements around the world that have successfully guaranteed, in national constitutions, the rights of nature, itself. And the right of humans to live in a clean environment. And then I lamented that we seem to not be able to sustain many victories in the many movements that we have for justice and peace in this country. I lament because when our movements for justice are weak at home, then people suffer—not only at home, but also abroad. And I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired of war, oppression, and suffering--when there need not be any. We are in this predicament in the U.S. because of deliberate actions that some people take and that other people allow. Either we are actively engaged in the struggle for justice and peace, or we are on the sidelines watching as events unfold, or even worse, we take the side--knowingly or unknowingly--of the perpetrators of war and injustice.

Continue reading...

Again, this was who I wanted to vote for, but they wouldn't let her into the dance.

6. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Don't you all know by now that all candidates look good until you get them under the microscope?

Peace!

7. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

Here some more microscopic viewing

Why Obama Attacked Libya
    Submitted by Cynthia McKinney on Wed, 03/30/2011 - 00:52

by Cynthia McKinney

The former Georgia congresswoman and Green Party presidential candidate has led delegations to Libya. She says, “Mr. Qaddafi to this day continues to assist Black political organizations in an effort to keep people of African descent able to exercise their right of self-determination.” Qaddafi should take the U.S. and its Europeans allies to the the International Court of Justice to obtain an injunction against this military action. “I know just the right team of unbought international lawyers to do it,” writes McKinney.

Today, the Obama Administration is responsible for its own war crimes, torture, crimes against humanity, and crimes against the peace and defends in U.S. Courts those from the Bush Administration who bear responsibility for having approved or justified them in the past. Yet, this Administration will not even agree to investigate the violation of Mumia Abu Jamal's civil rights in his first trial rife with racial innuendo, judicial misconduct, and a lack of evidence. Or in the case of Troy Davis where seven of nine witnesses recanted their testimonies and cited prosecutorial misconduct. But it did go to court to defend military commissions and insulted Native Americans in the process!

Read full article:
    http://blackagendareport.com/content/why-obama-attacked-libya

More of Sister McKinney on Obama administration

Loving this microscope!!!

8. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Oh really? You know that she is being looked at for fraud don't you? How can you report to the campaign board that you are 25,000 dollars in the black, but in reality you are 60,000 dollars in the red? Someone has been stealing and lying.

So you can count her out....sorry about that.

Peace!

9. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    "Oh really? You know that she is being looked at..."

This is interesting, so very interesting

Let's look at it, shall we...

From 2007 (7 years ago)

Fundraising Fraud Scandal Brewing?

Mon Feb 19, 2007 at 02:22 PM PST
    Cynthia McKinney, is back in the news. As to be expected, the story is controversial with potential to stir up a media shitstorm.

Following an alleged assault on a Capitol Police officer, empty threats to sue The Atlanta Journal Constitution, hollow and unproven claims of election fraud following her primary defeat, and an ill-conceived and ill-timed authorship of Articles of Impeachment against Chimpy during her last week in office, a potential fundraising scandal could be brewing.

According to a story released late last week by the AP, McKinney is soliciting funds to retire campaign debt despite a year-end FEC report that indicates the campaign finished with a surplus.

According to the AP story (the full text can be found here):

Former Georgia congresswoman Cynthia McKinney is asking for help in retiring nearly $60,000 in debt from her losing re-election campaign last year.

But her plea doesn't square with the end-of-year finance report she submitted to the Federal Election Commission, which showed her campaign having almost $25,000 left over.​

Read more...

Limited information on this scandal and the AP story could not be found using the link from the article, maybe brother Enki can enlighten us on it a bit more, or maybe this is a more recent one?

Guess they were still investigating when she ran for President in 2008
    [​IMG]

"Who" is looking at her for fraud again?
    Didn't get that information either.

Would appreciate any more information on this if available.

10. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Politician...nuff said

Peace!