Black Spirituality Religion : Elder Sekhemu - Yoruba African Folktale

It is impossible to convey the true meaning of the word AJE in English, same as the word ASE, English is a very limiting language.

IYA=MOTHER
MI, EMI=MY, ME singular
JE=TO EAT
AJE=FEMININE DIVINE POWER
emi je=i eat
ewo je=you eat..

OUR MOTHER EATS
WA IYA JE= IYA WA JE
WA= US, OUR, plural

IYA MI AJE
MOTHER MY FEMININE DIVINE POWER

Thank you beloved sister for your perspective.

Not to go off, but can anyone explain the Yoruban Ile Ife mythology, I also find this interesting in a cosmological sense..

Ile-Ife, also known as Ife or Ife-Lodun, is the holy city of the Yoruba people who live in Nigeria in West Africa. Ile-Ife appears in myths as the birthplace of creation and the location where the first humans took form.

According to Yoruba mythology, the world was originally a marshy, watery wasteland. In the sky above lived many gods, including the supreme god Olorun, the Owner of the Sky. These gods sometimes descended from the sky on spiderwebs and played in the marshy waters, but there was no land or human being there.

Not to go off, but can anyone explain the Yoruban Ile Ife mythology, I also find this interesting in a cosmological sense..

Ile-Ife, also known as Ife or Ife-Lodun, is the holy city of the Yoruba people who live in Nigeria in West Africa. Ile-Ife appears in myths as the birthplace of creation and the location where the first humans took form.

According to Yoruba mythology, the world was originally a marshy, watery wasteland. In the sky above lived many gods, including the supreme god Olorun, the Owner of the Sky. These gods sometimes descended from the sky on spiderwebs and played in the marshy waters, but there was no land or human being there.

Yes Brotha,

I did create a thread on Ile Ife.

I'll dig it up for your perusal

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back