Black People : EGYPTIAN SYMBOLS

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by DA BROTHER LOVE, Jul 11, 2006.

1. DA BROTHER LOVE

DA BROTHER LOVE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    I have noticed alot of people having egyptian symbols in their avatars.... Im wondering if everybody is really aware of what these symbols mean? Are you aware that secret societies such as the Freemasons and the Illuminati also incorporate these symbols into their occult?

How do yall feel about that?

Symbols like the eye of Horus? Do you think it is a good symbol or bad? Or neutral?

2. sisstaloczz

sisstaloczz New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    i believe it is a good symbol the eye of horus is the symbol for rebirth, so whatever the freemasons adopted the symbol for the original meaning came from royal power.

3. Chucky

Chucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    The fact that the above frauds/thieves use the symbols is irrelevant. Those symbols are our(Black people) science and truths.

4. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Lets keep this as real as possible. Our problem in regards to symbols is that; "We act as if we don't have the heart to reclaim them as our own once we find out what they are, what they mean and where they came from". How are we going to let somebody come and take our stuff and then redefine it as if it belongs to them?

I'm taking back everything that I can ! I want our swatsticker, our cross, our ankh, our candle sticks, our six pointed star and everything else they stole !!! But in saying this, I want to also say;" don't take back anything you can't defend" !!! In other words, if you don't know what it really means and what it stood for and from where it came and how it was used, don't take it back. Cause in doing so, you will be challenged and everything else.

I'm taking back the swatzsticker next ! Why? Because of the controversey and the idea that I can do it and strike a blow to white supremacy....like how can they use an afrikan symbol and claim white supremacy ??? What's wrong with that picture? What's wrong is that none of us have challenged it and took it back !!!

We therefore allow our stuff to be highjacked and then degradated into something it is not all because we don't learn and understand the value of it and then reclaim it instead of running from it as if it has nothing to do with us. They will have me up on tv. trying to find out why black people are wearing swatzstickers due to what it means. That's when the lesson begins for the white world and black world alike !!!!

5. DA BROTHER LOVE

DA BROTHER LOVE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    Keita I love that idea... you just put a new light to this issue...

so do you think that if we educate our people about the nature of the masonic symbols, that we could somehow use those symbols for the better of our race?

6. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    egyptian symbols...

let me interject something if i may,while some of us do respect and care about egyptian symbols to many other blacks in this day and age all those symbols are good for is..being on a medalian around the neck as a fad or putting on the body as a tattoo[another fad]that's the truth and most of us know it.

7. Africana

Africana Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +9
    KEITA

Can you pleae inform me on what the swastika's history is? I honestly did not know that, that was an African symbol. Huh, ain't that something? I bet money that 100% of those idiot racists don't even know it either. lol

8. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Ancient Egyptian Symbols

Ankh

The ankh (symbol) was the Egyptian hieroglyphic character that read "life". Egyptian gods are often portrayed carrying it by its loop, or bearing one in each hand, arms crossed over their chest. It is also known as the Egyptian Cross, the key of life, the key of the Nile... even today used as a Christian cross.

[​IMG]

9. daroc

daroc Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +36
    i personally work in a museum which highlights egyptian life and symbols..
    i have egyptian tats.. but i take strongly to their meaning and importance in my life...

i understand the relevance of the ankh and the eye of horus.. but am slightly lost when it comes to the swastika...even tho it does slightly remind me of the adrinka symbol:NEA ONNIM NO SUA A, OHU

Ankh
    - in the after life it is supposed to represent the act of conception
    - some historians say the shape of the ankh is based off the shape of the Nile river
    - Another theory holds that the ankh was symbolic of the sunrise, with the loop representing the Sun rising above the horizon, which is represented by the crossbar. The vertical section below the crossbar would then be the path of the sun

Eye of hours
    - the eye of ra(right)- sun
    - the eye of thoth(left) moon
    - symbol of spiritual ability, light
    - the eye breaks down into heqats..and equate to metaphors with the 6 senses..
    - http://www.aloha.net/~hawmtn/horus.htm