Brother AACOOLDRE : Egyptian proverbs

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, May 26, 2002.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    EGYPTIAN PROVERBS

By Andre Austin

The book of proverbs is considered to resemble the Egyptian religion. It’s my main to shed a little light and explain how they compare. The proposition that Solomon was Egyptian has increased with proving his proverbs were of Egyptian origin. Please read my other essay Truth for further details.

Rosalie David author of Life in Ancient Egypt wrote: “The Instructions of Ptah-Hotep may have had an impact on the book of proverbs”p.128. There is no may it’s a fact I will prove. There are Egyptologist that say that the proverbs are Egyptian but that Solomon himself was Egyptian. Why would a Jewish writer write Egyptian proverbs? Parts of the proverbs “are based on the Egyptian maxims of Amenemope (Amenhotep III…is well known. Yet another confirmation that Solomon and Amenhotep III are one and the same person” see Historical deception By Moustafa Gadalla p.185

Chapter 8 of proverbs will be my base. I want to start out with proverbs 8 because of a quote I read from E.A. Wallis Budge book. Budge stated “The Egyptian Creation-myths make it clear that Temu or RA employed Heka in constructing heaven, earth, and the underworld, and then Heka assumes the form of divine magic, and has something of the character of the wisdom (khochmah) which is so often mentioned by Solomon as the helper of God at the creation (Prov 8:22) If this be so we may wonder if heka is correctly translated by magic”p.33.

The Egyptian “Ways of Maat (truth)” where a soul being in the way of the underworld is judged by truth to see if you can obtain eternal life is to be found in Proverbs. Lets begin with quoting verse 20-22.

20.“On the way of duty I walk
    along the paths (ways) of justice (Maat/truth)…(1)

22.The lord begot (life) me, the firstborn of his
    Ways… (2)

30.Then was I beside him as his Craftsman…( 3. Ptah’s tongue word creating the world)

33. Happy the man who obeys me
    and happy those who keep my ways
    34. happy the man watching daily at my gates
    waiting at my doorposts;
    35. for he who finds me finds life (4)

1.The Egyptian wrote in hieroglyphics a term called the Ways of Maat. Path is just another word for way and Maat could mean just or justice. Maat was the determine in the Egyptian court of justice with you would get eternal life in heaven. Its strange how Proverbs connect The Ways to Justice and Paths/ways towards life Proverbs 4:10-13.This is a direct link to the Egyptian scales of Justice where hearts/souls are judged to see if they match up with truth/maat for eternal life. Now I know evenmore where Jesus got his quote “I’am the way, the truth, the Life”.

2. In the book of Acts there was a sect called “the way”. Since Jesus is called the firstborn I would assume Jesus was a member of the way. The Essence had books called the two ways. Paul said “I admit that I worship the god of our fathers as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect” Acts 24:14. So it would seem Christianity is the incorrect name and the Egypt terminology of “The ways of Maat” must be considered.

3. The Egyptians called Ptah a handcraftsman. The priest of Ptah in their Memphite theology concluded that Ptah created the world as a result of his words. According to Budge “The Memphite theology can be fittingly described by the Gospel of St John:
    In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God.p vi.” The Memphite theology goes back to 4,000BC. Jesus was a craftmans and so was Socrates who claimed descent from Ptah. Its no coincidence that Proverbs connects the Creator of the world as being a craftsman and the Egyptian Ptah was one too.Khnemi another name for Ptah also creates man on a potters wheel. Isaiah 64:8 would also copy this aspect of Ptah too. The Greeks called Ptah Hephaistos. Homer’s Iliad 18:370 speaks on this Egyptian God. The Greeks claim they lived in caves until followers of Ptah taught them how to build houses.

4. If you read the Egyptian Book of the dead you will learn that people wanting to heaven to go through two doors from a gate in the underworld. They also had to know information posted on a leaf at the doors. Keeping the way meant knowing or having wisdom of gods ways. Knowing Gods heart which was his mind from his tongues which were his words written in books. Proverbs 4:4-11 states “Let your heart hold fast my words…hear my son, and receive my words, and the years of your life shall be many. On the way of wisdom I direct you, I lead you on straightforward paths”. In the Book of the dead it states “He maketh the way for intelligence, for the soul of Osiris. I’am an intelligence provided I have made the way”.

The book of Proverbs 6: 20-23 also talks about holding an object around your neck that resembles a passage in the book of the dead. “Observe, my son , your father’s bidding, and Reject not your mothers teaching; keep them fastened over your heart always, put them around your neck: for the bidding is a lamp, and the teaching a light and a way to life”. First we must note the Egyptian considered themselves in the Book of the dead as “Children of Light”. And ‘before your persons, from the horizon eastern heaven to follow the place where he was…May he never perish, not may he suffer destruction of the body forever. To be said over a soul of gold (Light?) inlaid with stone and placed for a person on his neck Osiris”. Osiris was known as the son of fire/light. Christianity term for light is also know as knowledge of truth.

5. Plutarch in his essay on Isis and Osiris informs us that leafs were symbolic of the tongue. Proverbs 15:4 says that the tongue is a tree of life. Proverbs 12:18 states that the tongue of the wise is healing. There is a Hymn to Amen that ties in with these proverb quotes.The hymn states that Amen is a physician who heals without medicine and that Amen saves man’s destiny at the dictates of his heart (mind). But according to the Egyptian religion the tongue was the activating force of the heart. So Amen’s words are healing for the spirtualy sick just like Christianity. The Hymn to Amen also dispels the myth that good deeds had to outweigh bad deeds. Because Amen “saves man from what is his lot”.

A person is wise by knowing the words of God. Gods words are truth and healing for those who desire everlasting life. God’s ways are truth.You better hope God judges your heart as double truth of Amen, Amen so you can get that fantastic voyage on his boat. This boat ride of the sun god RA is related to the scales of Maat and the ankh. “The goddess Maat was, then, the personification of physical and moral law, and order and truth. In connexion with the sun god RA she indicated the regularity with which he rose and set in the sky, and the course which he followed daily from east to west. Thus in a hymn to Ra we read, The land of Manu (i.e., the west) receiveth thee with satisfation, and the goddess Maat embraceth thee both at morn and at eve; the god Thoth and the goddess Maat have written down thy daily course for thee every day” The gods of the Egyptians Volume 1 p.417. Budge also on p. 403 of the same book noted that the beam on the balance scale was equilibrium and appears to be a symbol of the equinoxes. So equinox means equal. The course which RA followed in his journey across the sky was thought to have been defined at the creation by Maat. The horizontal bar expresses the coming into existence of a new life. This bar is straight. This was the path or way RA took his boat ride from east to west then it with up north to be at the summer solstice.All of this can be depited on a cross with a circle at the top. The equilibrium comes in during the spring and fall equinoxes that the earth experiences 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of darkness. Also a persons heart had to line up in a straight path with the feather of Truth of equal weight. If your heart was heaver than a feather the beam would be crocked and not straight and would therefore miss your way to the truth eternal life .Maat was also the personification of straightness because the beam which lead to the path/way had to be straight. The bible writers had the Egyptian religion correct when they wrote “Make straight the way of the lord” John 1:23 and “Know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him” first epistle of John 3:19. All of these quotes and much much more lines up straight and can be superimposed on the cross, ankh and balance scales all lead to the way, the truth and the life.

Reference to astrology in the bible can be found by understanding the movable feast called Easter, which is the first Sunday after the first full moon following the spring equinox. After the equinox, the sun is resurrected and the number of daylight hours increases steadily until summer solstice. The resurrection of the sun then activates life for all vegetation and human life.

2. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    A very enlightening thread, AACOOLDRE...thanks for posting...

3. sia

sia Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Brother,
    I've been researching the concept of Egyptian Magic. My interest is whether or not the Ancient Ones, with all the evidence of the use of "words of power" showed a remote awareness of the concept of DNA. Many references exist ,from Kemet to the Dogon, of indirect references to the heliacal rising of Sirius and the relationship between Sirius and Isis (strong of tongue). What, if any evidence have you found?
    Sia

4. Sopdet

Sopdet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    ''indirect references to the heliacal rising of Sirius and the relationship between Sirius and Isis (strong of tongue). ''

The Ancient Kemetians called the Sirrus Star Sopdet. THe star of Sopdet was the most important constellation to the Kemetians,because they believed one's soul would travel to Sopdet when they made the acession to a higer plane.

I find it very interesting that in Africa the dogon,continue this tradition that the Ancient Kemetians brought to the world.

5. sia

sia Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    So do I.
    I also find it interesting that the MdwNtr for Spdt is also used for Auset. References to Auset suggest her 'powers' as was the custom practice in ancient Kemetic life. Heka; one the two Gods to accompany a dead king on his journey through the Netherworld 'Tuat', is said to have the single responsibility of ensuring the presence of 'utterances of words of power' that would help the king fight off all opposition on his journey. Hekau was traditionally used throughout the history of KMT. I believe we as Africans, with our genetic links to our ancestors, have some of the same physiological capabilities once possessed and practiced.

It is said that the Dogon have the closest genetic link to the Ancient Kemites. Have you information to that effect?
    Are you familiar with 'Conversations with Ogotemelli'?
    As you can probably tell I am on mission to uncover any evidence that our ancestors had even a remote awareness of DNA.
    Perhaps it is possible to 'tap' our genetic makeup for clues to our past thus providing us weapons to fight off the opposition we face today.
    Are you familiar with the genetics studies underway at howard University's Genomecenter?

I hope we can continue this dialogue.

Feel free to email me directly at [email protected].

Sia

6. Sopdet

Ratings:
    +4
    ''It is said that the Dogon have the closest genetic link to the Ancient Kemites. Have you information to that effect? ''

I have never seen anyth Anthropological data to this effect. I do know that the Kemetians had trade routes around the Lake Chad area. The trade route was called the road of the forty days,and much of Kemetian culture could have possibly slipped into Western Africa through this conduit.

I have also seen documented peer reviwed material that Modern day Upper Egyptians share African blood markers;They also pocess certain anthropological similairty with African. Pratices such as ancestor whorship,ancester altars,and libations on the grave of a love one continue in rual Upper Egypt.

''Are you familiar with 'Conversations with Ogotemelli'?''

Yes,I have read the book;I am familar with the anthropologist who wrote the book also. I find their comongony rather fasinating. I must admit I am a little skpetical about the Sirrus B story,but I do believe they pocess a rather complex calender system.

''Are you familiar with the genetics studies underway at howard University's Genomecenter?''

Yes,bioanthropologist Shomarka Keita and Richard Kittles are both working on this project Keita has done some wonderful bioanthropology working on the pre dyansty Kemetian burials. You should check out some of his work.

7. sia

sia Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you. I will. Do you have contact information for either of these two? If they are featured in the website for Howard's center then I should be able to find them.
    Thank you again for your insights and information. Look forward to further exchanges. I will identify the source of the DNA link btwn Dogon and the Kemetic people.
    Sia

8. Sopdet

Ratings:
    +4
    ''Thank you. I will. Do you have contact information for either of these two? If they are featured in the website for Howard's center then I should be able to find them''

I don't know if Keita answers his emails,and I don;t have his email. I know Richard Kittles is featured on the Howard Unversity website,but I am not certain if he has an email adress.

9. sia

sia Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0