Black Spirituality Religion : Egyptian Mythology

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Nisa, May 3, 2005.

1. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Why do historians and europeans..refer to the practices and whatever else of Khemites (is that correct?) to Egyptian Mythology

Mythology: body of myths : as a : the myths dealing with the gods, demigods, and legendary heroes of a particular people

Myths:a usually traditional story of ostensibly historical events that serves to unfold part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon b : PARABLE, ALLEGORY
    2 a : a popular belief or tradition that has grown up around something or someone; especially : one embodying the ideals and institutions of a society or segment of society <seduced by the American myth of individualism -- Orde Coombs> b : an unfounded or false notion
    3 : a person or thing having only an imaginary or unverifiable existence

I think they use the third definition of Myth...
    Why is it called Mythology...??

2. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    PEACE QUEEN:

It is important to understand, that the referring of a spiritual system as a mythology is not necessarily a bad thing.

The reality is, most spiritual systems on this planet are/were based on myth and metaphor.

In your definition, it gives 2 words as synonyms: "PARABLE, ALLEGORY".

This is very correct.

It is surmisable, that the Kemetians were one of the primary inventors of mythology.

Mythology itself is a Greek term, from MYTHOS and LOGOS.

From KAREN ARMSTRONG's book "BATTLE OF THE GODS":

On MYTHOS (MYTH):
    Myth could not be demonstrated by rational proof; its insights were more intuitive, similar to those of art, music, poetry, or sculpture. Myth only became a reality when it was embodied in cult, rituals, and ceremonies which worked aesthetically upon worshippers, evoking within them a sense of sacred significance and enabling them to apprehend the deeper currents of existence. Myth and cult were so inseparable that it is a matter of scholarly debate which came first: the mythical narrative or the rituals attached to it. Myth was also associated with mysticism, the descent into the psyche by means of structured disciplines of focus and concentration which have been evolved in all cultures as a means of acquiring intuitive insight. Without a cult or mystical practice, the myths of religion would make no sense. They would remain abstract and seem incredible, in rather the same way as a musical score remains opaque to most of us and needs to be interpreted instrumentally before we can appreciate its beauty.

On LOGOS (LOGIC):
    Logos was equally important. Logos was the rational, pragmatic, and scientific thought that enabled men and women to function well in the world. We may have lost the sense of m os in the West today, but we are very familiar with logos, which is the basis of our society. Unlike myth, logos must relate exactly to facts and correspond to external realities if it is to be effective. it must work efficiently in the mundane world. We use this logical, discursive reasoning when we have to make things happen, get something done, or persuade other people to adopt a particular course of action. Logos is practical. Unlike myth, which looks back to the beginnings and to the foundations, logos forges ahead and tries to find something new: to elaborate on old insights, achieve a greater control over our environment, discover something fresh, and invent something novel.

You can read the rest of the exerpt here:

http://surge.ods.org/idle_religion/mythoslogos.htm

In the meantime, I urge you to obtain your copies of METU NETER volumes 1 and 2......

RA UN NEFER AMEN gives an eloquent breakdown on the purpose of mythology in ancient esoteric spiritual systems, such as Kemet, Native Americans, Asian and other African systems.

Trust me when I tell you, METU NETER will take you to a higher level of understanding.

But beware though; it's not an easy read, and you will have to go over the info several times, in order to digest it.

I can read a 300-page book in 2 to 3 days, but it took me more than a year to completely read METU NETER.

It's not that it's hard reading, it's that you will have to do away with alot of your obsolete notions about religion and spirituality, in order for it to make sense.

Don't be afraid though; once you get through it, you will see yourself, and the ONE GOD totally different than you ever did before.

If you need assistance once you start reading it, feel free to e-mail me:

[email protected]

HOTEPU

3. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31
    Ok. Thank you so much brother for your information and knowledge.

4. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Your right about the Medu Neter volumes, I also found myself going thru a similar process reading the works of R.A. Schwaller De LuBicz.

5. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    PEACE SEK:

Which of R.A.'s works have you read?

I started reading TEMPLE OF MAN, but that got lost in the fire........ :(

I tell you man, after taking an inventory of everything I lost (for tax purposes), I realized that I had over 5,000 books--some of which I had not even read (or partially read).

Such a sad state of affairs.

PEACE

6. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

When I was 15, my older brother gave me Her Bak for my birthday. I still read it from time to time lol. I've also read Temple of man as well. 5000 books? oh man that is a tremendous lost brotha.

7. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31
  8. IssaEl21

IssaEl21 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Akhay Atha Antut < Nisa >

If I May , OverStand SomeThing Ok I Notice A Few People Are Going On The Net For Knowledge Of Egiptian / Nubians Culture , Let's Not For Get These Europeans / White Or What Ever Name You Call Them Went Into Egipt And Stole The True Knowledge & Culture And Re-Written Scroll's That You Reading , And The Few Nubians Who Are Writeing About Egiptian Are Not Writeing The Whole Story , My Point Here If The White Not Going To Teach The Nubians Their History / Culture In The Schools , What Make You Think He Going To Give You The Real Story On Line ? You Have To Go To His Library And Seek Out The Knowledge Of The Egiptian For Yourself . Any One Who Teaches You Anything Don't Believe Them Re-Search Things For YourSelf , Because The Few Here Have No Idea What They Are Talking About , They Are Just LQQKING For Pat On The Head , YouDon't Have Believe Me But You Can Re-Search For Yourself Yes ...

9. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

Brother Issa,

- is this not what our beautiful sister Nisa is doing. Is our sister not seeking for a better understanding of OUR original ways??

She is doing a great job & I'm starting to think the queen does not sleep as her quest has her mind so energized that sleep is no longer required......

I pray u continue your search at your will my queen.....

10. Nisa

Ratings:
    +31
    Thanks brother.