AACOOLDRE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 26, 2001
Michigan
Occupation
Teacher
EGYPTIAN FROGS
BY Andre Austin

“And you yourselves declare the sun to be an earth-born creature or a water plant, assigning him to the kingdom of the frogs or water-snakes. But let us refer all this to the heroics of the stoic school…Just as the man who constructed the **** upon the hand of Apollo’s statue showed by suggestion the early morning and the hour approaching sunrise, so here one might aver, has been produced in the frogs a token of springtime when the sun begins to dominate the atmosphere and to break up the winter”-The Oracles at Delphi by Plutarch. The stoics founder was Zeno. According to Diogenes Laertius states that Zeno was “fairly tall, and swarthy-hence some one called him an Egyptian vine-branch”. So it appears that Aristophanes title of frogs was symbolic of life coming back from death. Martin Bernal wrote an essay that appeared in “African Presence in Early Europe” Edited By Ivan Van Sertima. Bernal stated: “In the Egyptian pantheon there is a goddess Hkt who is a frog old woman associated with Hk3 ‘magic’ and rebirth after death”p79. Heka also meant “words of power” that gave life to the dead. In Egyptian mythology frogs grew and rose from the celestrial waters. The frog also offered himself as a willing sacrifice and was transformed by magical incantations into the new moon. The Christians at Revelations 16:13 had a negative viewpoint towards their cousins or should I say Egyptian frogs. John wrote: “Then I saw three evil spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They are spirits of demons performing miraculous signs”. According to Christianity the fasle prophet will resemble Christianity. There is no doubt then why Wallis Budge saw “The frog was a symbol of fertility and new birth and with the Christian Egyptians, of the Resurrection” See The Dwellers of the Nile p.104. I would have to conclude that the Egyptian Underworld of frogs matches up with the Bible. And I’ve come to learn that the Egyptian god Amen was represented in numerous forms with the head of a frog and the body of a man. In some of the Egyptian religious writings a persons KA or double has the head of a frog see The Gods of the Egyptians Volume 1 p.286 by E.A Wallis Budge. A persons KA was born with him and went to the tomb with you.

The great Aristophanes (445-380BC) wrote a brilliant play called Frogs. Plato included the comic playwright in his Symposium. Aristophanes was aware of the Egyptian religion because there were a lot of similar events in the play.

I will briefly summarize Aristophanes play then compare it with the Egyptian religion.

One of Aristophanes last comedies, The Frogs (405 BC) is set before Hercules house in Athens. Dionysus/Osiris, wearing a lion skin over his grown, and his slave, Xanthias, laden with enough baggage for a lengthy journey , arrive at Hercules front door. After exchanging pleasantries with Hercules, Dionysus explains that, since seeing the play Andromeda, he longs to meet the playwright Euripides, and he is now traveling to the underworld/hades/Pluto to find him.(Strabo states that Osiris was associated with Pluto/hades as a lord of the underworld) Hercules, eager to dissuade him from the dire journey, suggest that he content himself with a living dramatist, but Dionysus insist there is none to compare with Euripides. The reason for his stopover in Athens is to acquire information about the underworld, which Hercules visited in the last of his twelve labors. Hercules directs him via the quickest route and describes the passage over a forbidding lake and through a malodorous, snaky swamp.

Dionysus sets out, and at the shores of the infernal lake, he meets a man name Charon.To the frogs chorus of Brekekekek koax koax, Dionysus plies the oars, blistering his hands and sharpening his temper. On the opposite shore, he rejoins Xanthias, who urges him to follow Hercules advice and leave this dismal place. Despite his fears of monsters, Dionysus crouches by the lake and waits for a chorus of initiates to pass. I will leave you hanging so that it might motivate you to go read the play.

S. Angus book The Mystery Religions brought my attention to Aristophanes. Angus stated that: “The exquisite ode in Aristophanes Frogs [455ff] implies a moral life on earth as a qualification for the happy meadows”.

Aristophanes writes in his play:

Now haste we to the roses
And the Meadows full of posies
Now haste we to the meadows

The word Meadows refer according to Diodorus 1:96 as “The mythical dwelling of the dead, is his term for the place near Memphis, and around it are fairest meadows, of a marsh-land and lotus and reeds. The same explanation also serves for the statement that the dwelling of the dead is in these regions, since the most and largest tombs of the Egyptians are situated there, the dead being ferried across both the river and lake Acherousia and their bodies laid in the vaults situated there.

The other myths about Hades, current among the Greeks, also agree with the customs which are practiced even now in Egypt. For the boat which receives the bodies is called baris, and the passengers fee is given to the boatman, who in the Egyptian tongue is called charon”.

In Aristophanes Frogs Charon is named as a character in his play:

“Di. You’re the right sort, my man. Now to the ferry.
“Enter Charon.
Yoh, up ! lay her to

Xa. Whaterever’s that ?
Di. Why, that’s the lake, by Zeus/Amen,
Whereof he spake, and yon’s the ferry-boat”

Apparently after they got on this boat it was too

“Adavance, true hearts, advance!
On to the gladsome bowers

Bowers a place enclosed by overhanging boughs of trees and vines/ or a custic cottage or retreat. This boat ride was a “Sacred way”. Homer calls it “The sacred stream of Zeus/Amen, the Nile” Odyssey Book four. And if you care to read The Egyptian Book of the Dead you will find much talk of hearts being found true after advancing to “The way” if Thoth wrote, weighed/measure your words as true on a leaf, and your heart on scales, which are mentioned @ 1358-1399. I do not find it surprising to find Aristophanes connecting wisdom to a tree, or

T will be due to this wisdom
If ye fall, at least t will be
Not a fall that brings dishonour,
Falling from a worthy tree

An allusion to Thoth/Hermes I found in Frogs:

O yes, by Zeus, directly.
The art poetic will be weighed in scales…

Levels they’ll bring, and measuring-tapes for
Words…

To judge poetic wits… the tonguester,
Artice-skilled…

I do not know why Aristophanes called his play Frogs but I have a good guess. It’s not a coincidence that a second major creation myth of the Egyptians originated at the city of Khmnw, otherwise known to the Greeks as Hermopolis. This was the city of the god Thoth, patron of scribes and writing, and associated with the moon. This creation story claimed to be the oldest of all. Hermopolis claimed to be the site of the original primeval mound that had risen from the waters, just as did Heliopolis. But in this tradition, there were eight gods, the Ogdoad.
This Ogdoad or group of eight gods, four couples of male and female gods, seem to represent elements of the chaotic universe prior to creation. The males were depicted as having the heads of frogs, the females, the heads of serpents.
I do not know if Aristophanes is taking about Thoth/hermes Fog men. Aristophanes is quoted as saying
O Muses, the daughters divine
Of Zeus/Amen, the immaculate nine
Plutarch states that “Hermes the inventor of grammar and music. For this reason they call the first of the Muses at Hermopolis Isis”.
Was Aristophanes writing the above quote in reference to the best-known and perhaps most important of the early Egyptian myths is the Heliopolitan Cosmogony. The priests of the cult of the sun-god Ra in ancient Iunu developed this cosmogony. This myth describes the genealogy of the Ennead, the group of nine gods according to a family tree, that is, Atum self-engendered Shu and Tefnut, who gave birth to Geb and Nut, who gave birth to Osiris, Isis, Set and Nephthys.
We should also note that Aristophanes writes the name of Hermes at least three times in his Frogs. Whats amazing to me is that these ancient Greek plays are taught in school with no reference to Egypt. Diodorus also included parts of Homer’s Odyssey boat ride as being of Egyptian origin. It appears that the Blackman of the Nile is given debt instead of credit once again.Diodorus stated “According to the ancient Egyptian customs, brings up the body of the Apis to a certain point and then gives it over to one who wears the mask of Cerberus. [Aristophanes mentions the very name of Cerberus, Orpheus and Homer]And after Orpheus had introduced this notion among the Greeks, Homer followed it when he wrote:
(Hermes the kindly healer)
They passed Oceanus streams, the gleaming Rock,
The Portals of the Sun, the land of dreams;
And now they reached the Meadow of Asphodel,
Where dwell the souls, the shades of men outworn-Odyssey 24:10
When Virgil in his 6th book of the Aeneid was dedicated or talked about the traveling of dead souls in the underworld. Virgil connected the dead with sleeping and having dreams in the “Green meadows”
Spread ancient boughs, her ancient arms where dream,
False dreams, the old tale goes, beneath each leaf 6:385

I feel safe in saying that the entire 6th book of the Aeneid compares without a doubt with the Egyptian Book of the dead.

Diodorus ends with quoting Homer but he should of went further to include two more parts that Aristophanes took directly from Orphic or Homer lines about tears and jugs/jars. “Anointed your handsome body with warm water and with unguents, and by you the Danaans shed many hot tears” Odyssey 24:45 and again “But after the flame of Hephaistos had consumed you utterly…your mother gave you a golden jar with handles” Odyssey 24: 70
Aristophanes writes a similar lines in his play 1313-1357:
In black funeral veils…
Light ye the lanterns, my maidens,
And dipping your jugs in the stream;
Draw me the dew of the water,
And heat it to boiling and steam;
So will I wash me away the ill effects of my dream…
O Mania, help ! O Oreads of the rock…
To me he bequeathed but woe, but woe,
And tears, sad tears, from my eyes o’erflow”.-From The Frogs
According to E.A Wallis Budge the Egyptian religion had a “Lake of boiling water”.
In another passage of Homer compares with Aristophanes “And once the spirit has left the white bones, all the rest of the body is made subject to the fire’s strong fury, but the soul flitters out like a dream and flies away. Therefore you must strive back toward the light again”-Odyssey 11:220
Cornell University professor wrote Martin Bernal wrote in Volume 1 of “Black Athena” made interesting comments about Homer. He stated: “I think that it (The Odyssey) is in many ways useful to look at this epic as a Greek version of the Egyptian Book of the dead” p87. Bernal expands on p91 “The Egyptian trial of the dead by Osiris, and it is not surprising that the latter has been paralleled with passages in the Odyssey which are widely accepted as being ‘Orphic’ and ultimately Egyptian”.
There’s no doubt about it, Diodorus saw passages in Homer’s Odyssey as Orphic/Egyptian. And Aristophanes wrote similar passages in his play in Frogs.
Among the many festivals at Thebes was celebrated by carrying a boat of Amen/Zeus . The statue of Amen traveled partly on land, carried in a model boat on the shoulders of the priests, and partly in a real boat on the river, while crowds of spectators gathered on the banks. Akhenaton adopted the Egyptian practice of a holy boat, which was usually kept in the temple. The ark was used to carry the deity durning processions. The Egyptian book of the dead reports: “ The funeral procession to the tomb…the mummy of the dead man is seen lying in a chest or shrine mounted on a boat…before a table of offerings stand two priests: the Sem priest wears a panthers skin”. At the tomb in the Egyptian funeral the Sem priest gives directions to slaughter a bull and also carries iron tools to open the mouth of the dead. Scrolls were placed with the Mummy in his bed also.
Moses also introduced the ark/boat, where the Pentateuch scrolls were kept.

I find this interesting. Hopefuly one day I will be able to connect them all together. I already proved in other essays that Jesus Five loaves and two fishes and 12 baskets being produced miracle was from the Egyptian religion and also his encounter on a boat after he performed this miracle. Aristophanes does mentioned the that loves are baked and jokes that a person eats fish, cheese and the baskets they were in.

Notes:
When Aristophanes wrote:
“And others opine
That not to be living is truly to live”-1080-1120.
This may be an allusion to Plato’s Phaedo . Plato learned from the Egyptians that truth was the ultimate end of philosophy, can be achieved only when the soul is no longer deceived. People who love wisdom look forward to death; people who love power and money fear death. George G.M James reports in his stolen legacy that Pythagoras taught: “True life is not to be found here on earth and what men call life is really death” p.56. If this is what Pythagoras said then its Egyptian because Plutarch reported that “Pythagorean precepts do not at all fall short of the writings that are called Hieroglyphs”. Now Aristophanes says again “Who knows if death be life, and life be death” 1446-1489
Another Aristophanes line 675-708 may have been an allusion to the Egyptian book of the dead.
“And O if I’m able to scan
The habits and life of a man
Who shall rue his iniquities soon!
Not long shall that little baboon
The book of the dead states “Upon the beam of the scales sits the dog-headed ape which was associated with Thoth, the scribe of the gods”. Thoth was responsible for overseeing and writing down individual souls good and bad deeds.
According to Plutarch’s Isis And Osiris . Isis went to Byblus looking for the body of Osiris. She found the body in the roof top of wood. Plutarch helps also to tie in Aristophane play, and Homers writings with the Egyptian religion.
15.Thereafter Isis, as they relate, learned that the chest had been cast up by the sea near the land of Byblus and that waves had gently set it down in the midst of a clump of Heather (A purple plant) The Heather in a short time ran up into a very beautiful and massive stock, and enfolded and embraced the chest with its growth and concealed it within its trunk. The king of the country admired the great size of the plant, and cut off the portion that enfolded the chest (which is now hidden from sight), and used it as a pillar to support the roof of his house. These facts, they say, Isis ascertained by the divine inspiration of Rumor, and came to Byblus and sat down by a spring, all dejection and tears; she exchanged no word with anybody, save only that she welcomed the queen’s maidservants and treated them with great amiability, plaiting their hair (or interweaving wool in Homer Odyssey 24:130,145 and in Aristophanes 1313-1357 also Plato connected spinning with a person’s fate/destiny see Republic book X 618E-620E)for them and imparting to their persons a wondrous fragrance from her own body. But when the queen observed her maidservants, a longing came upon her for the unknown woman and for such hairdressing and for a body fragrant with ambrosia. Thus it happened that Isis was sent for and became so intimate with the queen that the queen made her nurse of her baby. They say that the king’s name was Malcander; the queen’s name some say was Astarte, others Saosis, and still others Nemanus, which the Greeks would call Athenais.
16. They relate that Isis nursed the child by giving it her finger to suck instead of her breast, and in the night she would burn away the mortal portions of its body. She herself would turn into a swallow and flit about the pillar with a wailing lament, until the queen who had been watching, when she saw her babe on fire, gave forth a loud cry and thus deprived it of immortality. Then the goddess disclosed herself and asked for the pillar, which served to support the roof. She removed it with the greatest ease and cut away the wood of the heather which surrounded the chest; then, when she had wrapped up the wood in a linen cloth and had poured perfume upon it, she entrusted it to the care of the kings; and even to this day the people of Byblus venerate this wood which is preserved in the shrine of Isis. Then the goddess threw herself down upon the coffin on board a boat, she put out from land. Since the Phaedrus river toward the early morning fostered a rather boisterous wind, the goddess grew angry and dried up its stream (Same as Odyssey 24:110).
17. In the first place where she found seclusion, when she was quite by herself, they relate that she was quite by herself, they relate that she opened the chest and laid her face upon the face within and caressed it and wept. The child came quietly up behind her and saw what was there, and when the goddess became aware of his presence; she turned about and gave him one awful look of anger. The child could not endure the fright, and died. Others will not have it so, but assert that he fell overboard into the sea from the boat that was mentioned above. He also is the recipient of honors because the goddess; for they say that the Maneros of whom the Egyptians sing at their convivial gatherings is this very child. Some say, however, that his name Palaestinus or Pelusius, and that city founded by the goddess was named in his honor. They also recount that this Maneros who is the theme of their songs was the first to invent music. But some say that the word is not the name of any person, but an expression belonging to the vocabulary of drinking and feasting: “Good luck be ours in things like this!” and that this is really the idea expressed by the exclamation “maneros” whenever the Egyptians use it. In the same way me may be sure that the likeness of a corpse which, as it is exhibited to them, is carried around in a chest, is not a reminder of what happened to Osiris, as some assume; but it is to urge them, as they contemplate it, to use and to enjoy the present, since all very soon must be what it is now and this is their purpose in introducing it into the midst of merry-making (Herodotus 2:78)
18. As they relate, Isis in Buto and bestowed the chest in a place well out of the way; but Typhon, who was hunting by night in light of the moon, happened upon it. Recognizing the body he divided it into fourteen parts and scattered them, each in a diffirent place. Isis learned of this and sought for them again, sailing through the swamps in a boat of papyrus. This is the reason why people sailing in such boats are not harmed by the crocodiles, since these creatures in their own way show either their fear or their reverence for the goddess.”

Its also reported that Isis used Flax to save Horus.Also Neith/Isis. Some think that her hieroroglyphic represents a shuttle and would connect her name with ntt, to weave. But she might have woven spells as well as flax…originally she was a cow-goddess for she is identified with Hathor and Isis” see From Fetish to God in Ancient Egypt p.58-59 By E.A. Wallis Budge

As we can see a portion of the queens house was left hollow as woth the Odyssey ship 24:50. We see that Isis tears is also connected with fire. There are Children at Aristophanes frogs “And search (Hunt in a house) by moonlight for the theft” and music involved with all three accounts.

Homer states: “Then she displayed the great piece of weaving that she had woven.She had washed it , and it shone like the sun or moon. At that time an evil spirit, coming from somewhere, brought back Odysseus to the remote part of his estate” 24:145. In the Egyptian book of the dead written before Homer it states: “Thoth raiseth up the hair [cloud] and bringeth the eye [Sun] alive and whole” p 285

I understand that Isis used her braided/weaved hair in some manner help bring back Osiris back to life (Odyssey 24:45). Might I suggest you read the full accounts of Aristophanes, Homer and Plutarch in full so you can grasp all the simalarites. The scenes were changed but the story was the same. Even the very last lines of Aristophanes agrees with Homer’s Odyssey last lines. Aristophanes states: “Of thy noble thought; and the fools chastisr, for many a fool dwells there”. Homer states “Eupeithes was their leader in their foolishness’ –Odyssey 24:465. Epicurus gave a more detailed account of light and Clouds. Epicurus stated “The light diffused from the Stars may be enclosed in the clouds”see Diogenes Laertius Volume 2 X:100-102.

Aristophanes states again: @ 1358-1399 “Winged word” Homer says the same at 24: 490. Aristophanes says: “So we at last shall be freed, from the anguish, The fear and the woe, freed from the onsets of war”. Homer states: “Their terror they let fall from their hands their weapons fell all on the ground” –Odyssey 24:530

Homer once again incorporates some of the Egyptian religion when he states:
37. “Around you stood the daughters of the sea’s ancient mourning piteously, with immoratal clothing (A mummy suit?) upon them. And all the nine Muses in sweet antiphonal singing mourned you… for ten and seven days (17), alike in the day and the night time ,we wailed for you, both mortal people and the immortals. On the eighteeth day (18 For Plato’s Republic X it was the 12th day 612E-614D) we gave you to the fire, and around you slaughtered a great nuble of fat sheep and horn-curved cattle. You were burned in the clothing of the gods, and abundant ointment and sweet honey, while many Achaian heroes moved in armor about the Pyre where you were burning…this is your white bones are laid away, O shining Achilleus”.-Odyssey 24: 60-65 Plutarch reports the same in his book Isis and Osiris. By analogy I caught Homer rewriting the Egyptian wisdom. Fire will be exchanged for the sun, Pyre for Pyramind and Horn-curved for Crescent. You will see the plagarism. Plutarchs states: “The Stoics assert that the sun is kindled and fed from the sea, but that for the moon the waters from the springs and lakes send up a sweet and mild exhalation. The Egyptians have a legend that the end of Osiris life came on the seventeenth of the month, on which day it is quite evident to the eye that the period of the full moon is over. ( When Jesus talked about his last days and the end of the world the sun and moon would cease its light, stars would fall and he talked with people with eyes that were heavy. All of this I’m connecting to Thoth “Festival of sorrows with the Book of Job chapter 38, Rev 6:11-15, Mark 13:24-31, Mark 14: 40. All of these passages were allusions to the festival of Sorrows which plutarch will get into more details with notes beginning on number 64), Because of this the Pythagoreans call this day “The barrier”, and utterly abominate this number. For the number seventeen, coming in between the square sixteen and the oblong rectangle eighteen, which, as it happens, are the only plane figures that have their perimeters equal to their area, bars them off from each other and disjoins them, and breaks up the ratio of eight to eight and an eight by its division into unequal intervals.
Some say that the years of Osiris life, others that the years of his reign, were twenty-eight; for that is the number of the moon’s illuminations, and in that number of days does she complete her cycle. The wood which they cut on the occasions called the “Burials of Osiris” they fasion into a crescent-shaped coffer because of the fact that the moon, when it comes near the sun, becomes crescent-shaped and disappears from our sight. The dismemberment of Osiris into fourteen parts they refer allegorically to the days of the wanning of that satellite from the time of the full moon to the new moon.

Instead of the body being burned to the fire. The body goes inside a pyramind and a persons soul being released through shafts to the sun or stars. George G.M. James Stolen Legacy states that “The word pyramind is a Greek word whose derivative means fire”. Osiris was called in the Egyptian Book of the dead as “Son of Fire”. His father was RA who was known as the Sun God. The Egyptians used Fire and Sun interchangeable.

According to E.A Wallis budge book The Mummy “Osiris bed was moistened ceremonially on the eighteenth day of the fourth month of the season of Shemu, and the festival lasted until the 25th day”p.463

The 12th labour of Hercules was to bring Cerberus from Hades/underworld

ARISTOPHANES’ FROGS
By Andre Austin

First let me state that this essay is appendix to Egyptian Frogs. The information below is taken from the last pages of Aristophanes Frogs. Aristophanes was aware of the Egyptian religion. E.A Wallis Budge noted that when he stated: “We may compare the Parade of the leather Penis in Aristophanes”. See “From fetish to god in ancient Egypt p.431.

Where in front of the dark-prowed ships
Yarely the flute-loving dolphin skips

Races here and oracles there

And the joy of the young vines smiling
And the tendril of grapes [1] care-beguiling.
O embrace me, my child, O embrace me.

Dare my songs to upbraid;
You, whose songs [2] in the style
Of Cyrene’s embraces are made.
So much for them:but still I’d like to show
The way in which your monodies are framed
O darkly-light mysterious Night,
What may this vision mean,
Sent from the world unseen (The Underworld)
With baleful omens rife
A thing of lifeless life
A child of sable night
A gastly curdling sight
In black funeral veils
With murder, murder in its eyes
And great enormous nails ?
Light ye the lanterns [3], my maidens
And dipping your jugs in the stream[4]
Draw me the dew of the water,
And heat it to boiling and steam;
So will I wash me away the ill effects of my dream[5]
God of the sea!
My dream’s come true
Ho, lodgers, ho,
This portent view.
Glyce has vanished, carrying off my ****
Pursue! Pursue!
For I, poor girl, was working within,
Holding my distaff heavy and full
Twir-r-r-r-r-rling my hand as the threads I spin,
Weaving an excellent bobbin of wool; [6]
Thinking To-morrow I’ll go to the fair,
In the dusk of the morn, and be selling it there.
But he to the blue upflew, upflew,
On the lightliest tips of his wings outspread;
To me he bequeathed but woe,
And tear, sad tears, [7] from my eyes O’erflow,
Which I, the bereaved, must shed, must shed.
O children of Ida, son of Crete,
Grasping your bows to the rescue come;
Twinkle about on your restless feet,
Stand in a circle around her home…

Now speak your lines on the scale
O that the Argo had not winged her way
River Spercheius, cattle-grazing haunts-
Cuckoo let go. O look, by far the lowest
His scale sinks down
Why, how came that about?

He threw a river in, like some wool-seller
Wetting his wool, to make it weigh the more
But you threw in a light and winged word… [8]

Farewell then Aeschylus, great and wise,
Go, save our state by the maxims rare
Of thy noble thought; and the fools chastise,
For many a fool dwells there [9].

Grant him success on his journey,
Ye powers that are ruling below.
Grant that he find for the city
Good counsels to guide her aright;
So we at last shall be freed
From the anguish, the fear and the woe,
Freed from the onsets of war. (10)
Let Cleophon now and his band
Battle, if battle they must
Far away in their own fatherland.

(1) Odyssey 24:340 According to Egyptologist E. A Wallis Budge “ The upon which Osiris sits is placed upon reed mats or upon the cubit-shaped from which springs a lotus flower … before the door are two out stectched female arms proceeding from a mountain and holding a disk …bearing clusters of dates; and from it there springs a vine with bunches of Grapes.”-Egyptian book of the dead. Now Homer says in 24:275: “I gave him seven talents of well-wroght gold, a mixing bowl all of silver with flowers…many blankets” Mats and blankets are interchangeable.
(2) Odyssey 24:60
(3) Odyssey 11: 220

(4) Odyssey 24:70 talking about “A golden jar” Aristophanes calls it a jug. In the Egyptian book of the dead and Egyptologist like Albert Churchward “Pointed out that the practice of burying a person in a bent-up fetal position with vases was a characteristic Nile Valley practice”-African presence in Early Europe p.225
(5)Odyssey 24:10 “Hermes the kindly healer led them along down moldering pathways. They went along , and passed the ocean stream, and the white rock , and passed the gates of Helios the sun, and the country of dreams”. Also see Diodorus 1:96. Diodorus quote was the spark that led me to link Homer, Aristopanes and the ancient Egyptians all up together.
(6) Odyssey 24:155 states “Odysseus, wearing sorry clothing upon him…leaning on a stick, and poor was the clothing”. People in the underworld bring their sticks,staves and clubs to spiritual defend their kinsfolk. See The Egyptian heaven and hell By Budge p.72
(7) Odyssey 24:45
(8)Aristophanes said almost the exact same thing in 406BC as Homer and Thoth/Hermes in the Egyptian Book of the Dead. Homer (800BC) states: “Then she displayed the great piece of weaving that she had woven. She washed it, and it shone like the sun or moon”-Odyssey 24:145 . The Egyptian Book of the dead written at about 1500 BC states: “Thoth raiseth up the hair [cloud] and bringeth the eye (light/sun) alive and whole”. Also another Egyptian god is called “Khnemu, weaver of his light” see The Gods of the Egyptians Volume 2 by E.A. Wallis Budge p.55
(9) Odyssey 24:465 ? This is a very loose analogy.
(10) See Odyssey 24:530 Homer like Aristophanes end their work talking about Fear and war. “The green fear (Green Meadows?) took hold of them, and in their terror they let fall from their hands their weapons”.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back