Black People : EGO

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ZeroPoint, Dec 17, 2008.

1. ZeroPoint

ZeroPoint Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    One of the most complex parts of living.

Is it you?
    Is it seperate from you?
    Is it controlling you or there to be controlled

A lot of people have misconceptions regarding the ego. Many people thing it's the arch nemesis of self. Which is where most of us get it wrong?

Well, like in ancient times ... when you have any questions regarding the "sueprnatural"...ask the magicians...

HOLLYWOOD

[​IMG]

Ancient lore states that mirror's show what's going on INSIDE a person

Example A of what the ego can be used for. The EGO is plenty of times how we would LIKE to be..which is why many people deem the ego as the enemy....people are raised to not be themselves. so when the ego comes out to play we reject it as a bad thing.

The Ego is the primal energy coming out to play

What is the most potent form of primal energy?

Sexual energy

Where does our sexual energy reside?

[​IMG]

Mastering the ego is possibly mastering sexual energy and physical reality in itself...for it's the ego that teaches us our true self? But because we supress it for so long, when it does come out to play we don't know how to handle it??

A LOT more to come

2. ZeroPoint

ZeroPoint Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    One of Hollywood's greatest depictions of the Ego

[​IMG]

A bored young male with nothing to live for because he was raised on the false blueprint we were all given(life is about going to college, getting a job, marrying and having kids-- the end)....Not everyone's life is meant to be that way. If it weren't for the rebels and anarchist ... life would be mudane and there would be no one to raddle the cages and bring about ............??

[​IMG]

Just like Nutty Professor, in Fight Club it's revealed the "antagonist" is only an aspect of self which regardless of the destruction it causes ends up allowing the character to find himself........

The Ego is symbolised throughout the bible as the serpent. Most people consider Jesus becoming the Christ as "Ego-Death"...I would more so consider it "Conquering the Ego"......

First serpents were sent to the people as a punishment from God

But then Moses comes around, THROWS his staff on the ground which turns into a serpent and works his will...Which is what we should be doing with the ego....Not BECOMING the ego but using it as a tool to do our will.....

The people in our life can be considered egos...Considering most people in our lives are various expressions of our psyche....which is why it SEEMS easy to point the finger at somebody else instead of ourselves not noticing that when we point the finger at someone else we are RECOGNIZING that aspect of our self.

3. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    This is good stuff right here!

4. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
  5. Mikha'el

Mikha'el Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
    Im still learning about it....psycholgist sigmund freund speaks upon it initally and offers a definition for it

6. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Freud is a trip, after you've mastered is theories read up on Jung.. he really delves deep into the psyche of the human mind.

7. Mikha'el

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
    i read a few things on jung...not as big a fan...i like freund's definition of the Ego

8. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Freud had too many issues with his mother/women( which is seen in his work) so i don't see his work as objective ...besides i don't go to the student for knowledge, i go to the student's teacher.. but :10500:

oh yeah.. i forgot you are Christian, so Jung work would be too deep for you:em2300:

9. Mikha'el

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
    my religion has no effect on why i dislike jung....he just dnt captivate me as mch...neither psychologist captivates me rly excluding freunds definition of the ego....i know of freunds theories n hw they relate to sexuality n how outlandish they are...n i equally know of jung's idea of intro/extroversion which i find truth in....still Jung doesn't captivate me...but i'll deal with him given ima psych major n have to :court:

and anything is objective....one can interpet freund and his work how they want...one can equally deny freund all together

10. Mikha'el

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
    i know...his thoughts on sexuality are really out there