Black People : E'er'body in the house doing Healin'!!

anAfrican

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 1, 2005
StreetNationEarth: Seattle
Occupation
The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
I was talking with Destee recently, and she made mention of something that I posted that got her to thinking about this wonderful space she created.

Her "vision", if I may be so bold as to put words in her mouth, saw a place that we could go to to be "safe" in talking about the things that WE need to talk about. She saw a place where we could kick it with other Black people and feel that here is someplace where they know the walk I'm taking; they know the flak under which I'm baking; they know the anger that has me shaking.

What she envisioned was/is a Place of Healing. And, with Love, Style and much Patience, she "did the d@mned thang"! Bless You!

She mentioned that reading that post got her to thinking that she hadn't put the word up there in the banner. Well, I got to looking at that "mission statement", and it is true; the word "healing" is not in there.

But, it doesn't need to be.

Destee said:
"We Are About Loving, Encouraging, Embracing, Teaching and Building With Our People. No Hate Allowed."

Don't that just scream "Healing"?!

One reads that line and something way down inside says "HEY! There's a Healing happenin' up in here!!!" And once you come inside and look around; sho `nuff - there is Healing happening all up in this place e'er'where!!!! Like they say, "the first hit is free", and then you're hooked. Oh! I am so joyous to be addicted to this one!

I got to thinking some more: Ya know? "Maybe if there was just a small tagline added at the end?" Under that line (no, it's not quite a "mission statement". A statement of purpose?), place the logo. And then under the logo, add a little tagline (signature), something like, "Just for the Healing of it." Or, maybe, add this little bit to the end of that line, massage the line into two semi-equal length segments that are about 2/3rds of it's width and center it? <shrug> ("Demn it, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a marketing whiz!" "Bones", Star Trek) Anyway. It was just a thought.

Love and Hugs to all!
wayn

Well, if I'm gonna paraphrase "Bones", I might as well "Shoop" it a bit with "Salt -n- Pepa":

"Just for the yell I get. m-m-hmm; Just for the Healing of it!" :)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back