Black Education / Schools : Education and Progress in the REAL World

Always let's do be clearer about what it takes to be truly educated:

As contrasted with merely being indoctrinated!

Well, considering the anniversary coming up in 6 days it is worth considering what is meant by 'Science'.

It is usually taught as though it is a body of knowledge to be memorized just like history but it is also a way of thinking. That way of thinking is about analysing reality and increases the body of knowledge.

So what does it take for skyscrapers to hold themselves up? Won't there be more steel toward the bottom to support the weight above? So how can FIFTEEN YEARS go by without scientific experts discussing the tons of steel and tons of concrete on every level of the towers? I was thinking there was something wrong with what I was seeing on the boob tube on 9/11. I spent the next two weeks wondering why I was so sure there was something wrong. At the time I could not imagine 15 years going by without the obvious being discussed.

Reality is stranger than fiction; 2001: A Stupid Odyssey.

An educated populace full of individuals thinking for themselves could be a problem. Oh yeah, there is that other anniversary. Vulcans from Star Trek? LOL

um

Personally I consider Global Warming to be a big part of the REAL World problems.

Big History Anthropocene Conference - Theoretical physicist Professor Sylvester James Gates

That is a lecture given in Australia by a Black American.

I do find it really interesting that he said "Obama underestimated the amount of inertia in the US government". We are given an exaggerated idea of how much power the US president has.

Maybe I have watched too many climate videos already but to me he seemed to talk a lot and not say very much. But though he mentioned GDP he never said anything about PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE.

So how much of the last 100 ppm of CO2 in the atmosphere is because of Planned Obsolescence? I don't hear economists or climate scientists discussing that.

To me education means figuring out what is important about how the world really works and learning about that. The Laws of Physics do not give a **** about Economics or whether humans go extinct.

um

Last edited:
Something that looks interesting:

89-open-source-linux-laptop-vlog-10.png

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/...t-only-89-made-by-raspberry-pi-rival-pine.htm

The last time I tried a $100 computer it was not quite junk but only marginally useful.

This is similar to a Raspberry Pi and I have one of those. It is mostly very good but can lock up on some websites. But this with Project Gutenberg on a microSd card could be great. If the keyboard and screen are good enough.

HANDS ON WITH THE PINEBOOK

https://hackaday.com/2017/04/28/hands-on-with-the-pinebook/

$89 LINUX LAPTOP!? | Pinebook Review

um

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back