Black Relationships : Educated Black women

Peace!
I don't mind a sister getting an education and going as far as she can get in this system. However, what I do mind that in the process of her obtaining her goals in life she displays a total disregard for the Blackman (who is the foundation of the family), because she has been exposed to the sterotypical thought of the european. The Black woman regrads of her accomplisments in life, should at all times recognize the Blackman as being the foundation of all things in existence. But as a people we must real-eyes that how the Black woman portrays herself becomes the ramifications of wiliie lynch; not with the Blackman whom she is trying to maining a relationship with based upon the realities of love peace and happiness, but with the Black male child who she sub-consciously misuses because of the abuse that she as the Black woman historically had to deal with. A black woman getting an education should not mean that you should belitte the Blackman's intelligence. It does not mean that you must strive indirectly to snatch what semblence of manhood he hsa away. Today this constantly happening, because are constantly perpetuated on the Black woman in regards to her education, and not needing the foundation Blackman) to stabilze the Black family. Henceforth, to understand the implication of what is constantly taking place, we; both man and woman must understand how these stumbling blocks were placed in front to keep dsyfunction at a high level.In conclusion, both the Blackman; and especially the Black woman must begin to understand the realities of unity and supreme equality, and thiugh they may present themselves from different demensions, they are of the same reality; however to do this our love for one another must catapult itself beyond conditions.

river said:
spinning off sista Beauty's thread in the sista's forum, Id like to hear from you brothas, what is your opinion of educated Black women.

How can an EBW be proud of what she has accomplished while at the same time understanding the racism that keep;s so many brothas from accomplishing the same thing?

How can an unEBM have a healthy relationship with an EBW and maintain his sense of manhood?

and finally

How can the Black community continue to keep education as a high priority without destroying the self esteem of those who can't afford it or have been put in the vocational/prison track by the public school system?

I think that a truly EDUCATED BLACK WOMAN posesses "self-knowledge" anf this knowledge includes how white supremacy operates, and from an experiential basis she works for the collective empowerment and Liberation of ALL Black people.

I dont think it is possible for an un_Educated Black man to have a healthy relationship with anyone because he lacks true Self-Knowledge. This self-knowledge is what affirms "Black Manhood".

I think that the Black community needs to MAKE self-knowledge (education) a priority and this education instills and reinforces cultural values which build upon one's character and self-esteem.

This is the importance of mentoring programs and home schooling which must be geared towards breaking the fail cycle and subsequently high drop-out rates which tend to result in high incarceration rates for at-risk youth with poor vocational and job orientation skills. This is an essential necessity for youth mentorship, to provide qualitative career orientation.

Hello, and Welcome to the Family, Bismi.

As I read through your piece, the first thing that jumped out at me is that the Foundation of the Black Family is the Black PARENTS, preferrably mom AND dad. If such a divisive "distinction" must be made, I would offer the suggestion that one is the cement that binds, and one is the gravel that gives strength.

When I got back to reading (i had to get up for something), I got to the point where I was ... well, it would be more polite not to say. I will say, though, that I do agree with:
Bismi said:
our love for one another must catapult itself beyond conditions
Hello! :wave:

Bismi said:
Peace!
I don't mind a sister getting an education and going as far as she can get in this system. However, what I do mind that in the process of her obtaining her goals in life she displays a total disregard for the Blackman (who is the foundation of the family), because she has been exposed to the sterotypical thought of the european. The Black woman regrads of her accomplisments in life, should at all times recognize the Blackman as being the foundation of all things in existence. But as a people we must real-eyes that how the Black woman portrays herself becomes the ramifications of wiliie lynch; not with the Blackman whom she is trying to maining a relationship with based upon the realities of love peace and happiness, but with the Black male child who she sub-consciously misuses because of the abuse that she as the Black woman historically had to deal with. A black woman getting an education should not mean that you should belitte the Blackman's intelligence. It does not mean that you must strive indirectly to snatch what semblence of manhood he hsa away. Today this constantly happening, because are constantly perpetuated on the Black woman in regards to her education, and not needing the foundation Blackman) to stabilze the Black family. Henceforth, to understand the implication of what is constantly taking place, we; both man and woman must understand how these stumbling blocks were placed in front to keep dsyfunction at a high level.In conclusion, both the Blackman; and especially the Black woman must begin to understand the realities of unity and supreme equality, and thiugh they may present themselves from different demensions, they are of the same reality; however to do this our love for one another must catapult itself beyond conditions.

there is a price attached to the intelligence that drives the quest to become "educated": Dealing with each and every one of these issues. No, it is not only the "EBW" that has this responsibilty; it is the responsibility of All "educated" people .. (hey river; as i started this, the song was ohio players's fire! followed up by flashlight! :lol: )

And as has been said; the "uneducated" are gonna have problems with all relationships beginning with their relationship with themselves.

river said:
spinning off sista Beauty's thread in the sista's forum, Id like to hear from you brothas, what is your opinion of educated Black women.

How can an EBW be proud of what she has accomplished while at the same time understanding the racism that keep;s so many brothas from accomplishing the same thing?

How can an unEBM have a healthy relationship with an EBW and maintain his sense of manhood?

and finally

How can the Black community continue to keep education as a high priority without destroying the self esteem of those who can't afford it or have been put in the vocational/prison track by the public school system?

Well...all I got is a high school education. No wonder I had my share of black men to date. None of them were intimidated by me.:dance: Then when James married me...I came out of the bag on him and he came to the realization that you don't have to have a degree to be intelligent and that intelligence is nothing to be intimidated by...even if it is reeking from the presence of a black woman.:couple:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back