"Edited By" ... Is Now Turned On

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Destee, May 13, 2001.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    While it's not the way I prefer it to be, I think it's the best way to protect everyone. With moderators having the ability to edit anyone's work on the board ... it's only fair to the creator of that work that a notice be left if this step is taken.

The "edited by" line will only be added to a post if the change is made 60 minutes or more after it was originally created. This allows the creator of the post the opportunity to make changes if necessary, for up to 60 minutes after creating the post ... without having that line added.

If you have any questions please ask.

Destee

2. UbZoRbShUn

UbZoRbShUn Well-Known Member MEMBER

-----------
    Ratings:
    +1
    ummm

it's early and all and I haven't had ma coffee yet, but why would a moderator edit some's work??? When you say edit do you mean for content or are they looking for spelling errors or something? Just curious to know

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Hi 'Zorbsh'n,

As a Member of this forum, you have the ability to edit your own work. Edit it by correcting typos, changing it completely and/or deleting it. Every Member has this option in regard to their own posts.

Moderators (Bishop, DeJay, BlakVerb, N2urSoul and Sherykah) also have the ability to do the same to their own posts as well as to any/all posts in this forum.

Because I can't be here all the time, can't read all of the posts (I used to be able to read them all), I asked the Family when we were in The Shelter if anyone would like to volunteer to help keep the peace. While Bishop and DeJay have always been Moderators ... BlakVerb, N2urSoul and Sherykah volunteered to help.

Our Moderators are lovers of the written word, with much respect for every Member here. They'd never edit/delete your work without just cause. They will not go into your peace and correct your typo's ... or any such thing as that. They are peace keepers. In the event someone comes to our home and starts posting hateful, racist, disrespectful text ... they will act on that.

We've never had this happen, never had a "drive-by" as such, but if we do, our Moderators will do whatever is necessary to keep the peace in our home. This may include editing and deleting those posts.

If a Moderator edits your work, a line of text will be included saying that it was edited and by whom.

I tend to be long-winded ... but the bottom line is ... yes, Moderators do have the ability to edit/delete all posts and will do so in order to keep the wonderful, beautiful peace we have here.

Is that clearer 'Zorbsh'n ??? :)

Much Love Gurlie,

Destee

4. UbZoRbShUn

UbZoRbShUn Well-Known Member MEMBER

-----------
    Ratings:
    +1
    yup you sho did and thanks

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States