Black Sports : EDDIE CURRY NOW A NEW YORK KNICK!!!!

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Isaiah, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Hey, the Knicks aquired the young center from the Bulls for Tim Thomas and Michael Sweetney... Eddie Curry has that enlarged heart, and the Bulls feel he might collapse on the court one day, and were practically willing to give the talented young center to the Knicks...

The Knicks starting lineup under new Coach Larry Brown should be:

Marbury at the point

Houston or Crawford at the Shooting Guard

Curry at the Center

Antonio Davis, or Malik Rose at power forward

Quentin Richardson at the small forward...

Still, there seems to be much to be desired about this squad, particularly defensively, where nobody out there(other than Antonio or Malik Rose)seems capable of playing a lick of D... What do you guys think about this trade, and where it will put the Knicks in the scheme of perhaps playing some ball deep into May, 2006???

Hey Oceolo, where ya at, man???(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    what's up with his heart anyway?
    you got any street corner cardiologists up there?

didn't the knicks get that center from seattle, james or somebody?

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    The Knicks making major moves to bring depth to N.Y this group if jell together
    well they might see a playoff birth if Curry stay health he was a big plus to the mix
    The Bulls Knicks trade .........Knicks came out on the better end for sure .............

4. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Nobody know, James, and that's why the Bulls chose to trade him... They were scared he might collapse and die one day while their employ... Now he's the Knicks worry...

Yeah, the Knicks got James, but I am certain Larry Brown is lobbying Isiah to aquire every player he's ever loved on every team his teams have ever played against... That's just Larry Brown... Isiah just digs doing deals, I think(smile!) Makes him think he's doing something... By the Way, Larry aint really the greatest talent evaluator...so watch out, if you're a Knicks fan.

Isaiah

5. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    i was going to post something about this.

I heard he has an irregular heart beat, the knicks will only sign him if he passes the physical. i see a twin towers thing going with jerome james 7'1 and mike curry 7'3 i believe? sord of like duncan and ribinson. Thomas has improved the knicks greatly since he took over from as Stephen A. Smith put it "Scott layden the worst g.m. in NBA history".+

New yorks main problem was size last year, which Thomas has adressed. If they had a true center they may have made the playoffs.

The knicks should suprise some people this year, and i dont believe isaiah is done, Larry Brown said he belives the team is obviously a work in progress.
    Thomas is a great evaluater of talent. Larry brown is known for getting under talented players to over achieve. should be interesting...i believe the Knicks will make the playoffs...although the east is tougher this year from top to bottom.

6. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I don't know about this line-up. What happened to Jamal Crawford at shooting guard? He was really good last season. Anyways, I don't think the Knicks will do much. They will be better, but everyone on the court aside from Antonio Davis needs the ball in order to be effective. Also, like someone else pointed out, no one plays defense. On top of that, none of them are consistent. Even Jerome James is overrated so far. He did good in the first round of the playoffs, but fell off later on. He's always been unmotivated and over-weight, so the consistancy on his part remains to be seen. I think Eddie Curry is good, but to take a gamble on him with a potential heart condition is crazy to me. Hopefully he'll be ok. I think they'll be better, but nowhere near a contender, unless they have a magical season like the Bulls did.

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    da coach..........if brown can get them all on the same page they can beat a lot of people.
    it will all be about the chemistry. :bball:

8. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Yeah, Kente, that was me...(smile!)

This all-offense team is going to make LB tear his hair out, man... Nobody up in this group playes any defense whatsoever, and that will keep LB up in Isiah's face trying to get him people who can dig down and stop folks...

That's how all the teams Larry coached for the past 15 years have played the game, and had success... Indiana, Philly, and Detroit all had tough, physical defensive mentalities, and it will take some miracles to achieve that with this group... We'll see though... Mr. T. I dig your optimism, man(smile!)

Peace!
    isaiah

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I think E.Curry wanted out anyway the BULLS wanted him to take Tests and
    continue physicals ......but he might be good to go and like James stated
    with the right Chemistry and jelling together they will beat you any given night !
    could find themselves in the hunt for a playoff birth

10. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    didnt marcus camby have a heart problem??

Yeah our starting five is not known for their d but LB is known to make people play D. If not not like big I said Mr. Thomas will have your *** on the next Greyhound to the The L.A. Clippers...so u best D up!