Black Short Stories : Ecstacy's High, Part 1

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by PlayWitItPimp05, Jun 28, 2003.

1. PlayWitItPimp05

PlayWitItPimp05 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student at MHS.
    a perfectly blighted planet where soul-searching i
    Ratings:
    +1
    This is my first short story, so tell me what yall think!!!
    Peace

Ecstacy's High

The effort of technology has always been a mystery to me. There was something so perverse and corrupted, yet so intriguing about it. But it’s funny. I guess everything that humans are beckoned to has that sense about it. Sometimes humans see the fire but refuse to believe that they will be burned. They say “I am the biggest trickster (synonym for ‘jacka$$’) in the world. There is no way that a simple flame can burn me! I created it!” Yes, the egotistical juice is flooded throughout all five of the senses and the subconscious. Many philosophers of the Middle Era have said that only technology and civilization can taint a human. That nature is the only healthy way of living. Yet what they don’t realize is technology is only a game of “survival of the fittest” with higher stakes. In nature you can only lose so much. Technology can tear you down to nothing.
    Maybe I should introduce myself. The label that I was created with was XTC543. The name I travel this living, thriving planet with is Ecstacy. The purpose for me to serve here is to throw justice at those who have committed the sin of being corrupted with technology. You may like to call me a bounty hunter. Whatever you wish. But I am sent here to serve a purpose. I am here to show the “tricksters” that fire hurts. I am the pain associated with this hellish realization.
    I am of the top of the line family. I pass each and every one of you disgusting beings day by day. You wouldn’t know me from your grocer, employer, co-worker, or the stripper you pay every Saturday to fulfill you carnal lust. I can feign emotion and pain, a trait that was not quite captured by my robotic ancestors. There is no way to prove that I am a living machine. All of my organs are artificial, except the blood, which is provided by bad blood donors, and the brain, which is really only concocted by many wires and currents. Only my creator can kill me. My most dangerous weapon is the ability to transmit disease through blood contact.
    I am currently living in the country called the United States, the state being New York and the city being named the same. I patrol the putrid streets daily, rushing like humans to make me seem unstoppably busy. I live inside a small apartment in front of a subway station, where all of my orders are transmitted. This horrid, four walled room that I live in used to monitor technology criminals, such as Internet thieves and hackers, and to recharge my brain currents at least four hours within a twenty four hour period. My creator is trying to deplete this necessity, because it makes it seem I need sleep, like a human.
    I rise from my four-hour recharge. My fax machine vibrates with the vomiting of my next murder of crime. The first thing that falls to the floor is a mug shot of a disgusting, greasy-faced example of the male species. He stares menacingly back towards the world through a camera. He looks at the viewer as if he has been wronged by Earth; as if he was not guilty of past committed crimes. He tries to let his eyes mirror all negativity in his soul, as he knows they have to mirror something. His eyes are like two black stench filled lakes. His nose is flared with anger. His mouth is curled with cruelty. He looks as if he is trying to intimidate someone.
    The next five pages consist of his biography. His name is Archibald Nelson. His alias is Arsenic Archie. Only accomplices called him that I suppose. His birth date is March 15, 2002. His age is 35. His hometown was Los Angeles, California. He has been convicted of petty larceny to obstruction of justice and everything in between. Even the basic words which makes up his past are set up as if he hasn’t a life anymore.
    Which he does not. Because he is my prey in this game of “survival of the fittest”. And because I am XTC543, no part of me can be classified as weak.

TO BE CONTINUED!!!
    ERRYBODY STAY TUNED!!!

2. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    very interesting concept. i'm surprised by your choice of names for XTX543...given the reference to xstasy in reality life. who knows...maybe one day we'll have machines watching over us...keeping us in line. BIG BROTHER.:)

part ii.

3. PlayWitItPimp05

PlayWitItPimp05 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student at MHS.
    a perfectly blighted planet where soul-searching i
    Ratings:
    +1
    Appreciate the love boo.
    I thought about the reference to X. I think I was trying to represent it as the greedy pleasure that leads to a downfall.
    I think thats how I portrayed it.

:heart: :heart: PLAY :heart: :heart:

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    tyte story dis here makes u look deeper
    pt.ll now

5. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    ok ok ok...i am shocked
    seeing 2 sci-fi pieces in the short
    story section...excellent concept...
    i eagerly await part deux...
    peace
    khasm

6. ShayShay

ShayShay Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very interesting write.
    Please tell me there's a part 2, this is HOT!!!

7. Nutnnice

Nutnnice Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    is this like a sci fi story.I like it.waiting for the rest.paceeeeeeeeeeee

8. cocobutterskyn

cocobutterskyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Spreading Joy.... need some?
    Ratings:
    +221
    I enjoyed the read also...