Black People : ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT

Happy.. When I started on this site yours was one of my first post reads. You always bring the good things and positive things to support and motivate.

We need money. We have a chance to do these things. It's getting the masses to see. To participate. To learn. To be ready to learn. We need grant proposal writers or a group willing to invest and pay someone to create the cookie cutter that would be used to write other grants.

There is no change unless you invest our time and effort for that change. In the case for the grants. My church is using some. We can put them thru our churches. It will come down the same way.

No one person getting more or less. We do have a trust issue in the community. So many don't understand fairness.

There is so much money out there for our consumption. I can't do it alone. I posted that thru community coilitions and (501)c non-profits. We can build a place like the one we dream about today. Right now. Since God gave me. The information. Thru the church this information shoud pass.

I posted the grants before. I won't post them here.. again. But hit me up. I will share with anyone asking. There are MILLIONS available for the asking and application of real needed issues we face today.

Once again Sister happy, you bring good information. How do we encourage each other to, not just understand this message, but to gather the courage and will to follow through. Sure, not everyone is meant or wants to own and run a business, because it does require a passion for it, desire to be financially independent, and a lot of self-discipline. But if there were many more of us who were business owners, supplying goods and services to and creating jobs for our people, I believe our communities will not only become more economic sound, but healthier psychologically as well.

HODEE, you always raise good points and offer great information as well. Our communities need for profit and not for profit businesses and support services--but both require financial resources to start and to sustain. We need your knowledge to gain a better understanding of how to find money, solicit money and efficient ways to spend and invest money. We need to learn how to KEEP money longer in our communities and to stop letting it flow from our employers to us to the retailers in a matter of minutes on pay days.

If we understood "money" (economics) better, how many of us would stop paying for the weaves, fake nails, make-up, designer labels, high-priced vehicles, buying on credit, etc....at least until we've set a financial goal and have invested in it? When our money leaves our hands and goes somewhere else, does it come back to us with a profit?

For some of us, it's an overnight decision. For others it'll take a little longer to figure out. Either way, it's critical to keep this message in our faces by reading and learning as much as we can about economics and how it can help us in our revolution!

Peace.

Yeah, Hodee I agree with your post.... we do have to do those things that you mentioned... and I for one copied what you shared when you first came here. What we need is to get things together. I don't think that many of us really want to.

Just an example: If the Black Church takes in about 60 billion dollars a year. Why aren't they leveraging it in our communities?
Our Churches are full with people who are in business; they are full of people who have the wherewithall to go out and make negotiations...but they are underutilized!

With this constant flow of immigration and the dire economic picture-- we need to start thinking along these lines... I have ideas... simple plans...that we can start with--as whole communities... but all that starts within... we are not doing that collectively yet.

But we have options too... Blacks who have come together to help in thr process... and who have stated their plans to get our whole community viable within 5 years...but I don't know where that is at???

Queen it will take patience and dilligence... I read an article about some young blacks in a place called Eustis, FL... they have come together...to get their dreams going....I'll post the link.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back