Black Poetry : East Bound Blues - A Repost

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by GQ, May 21, 2001.

1. GQ

GQ Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States Air Force
    Ratings:
    +3
    I took a quick and heated West coast respite and lapsed into a slow and hella kewl East coast chill

Big headaches - bigger pills; yet Tylenol’s no damned match for this pain of relocation of mind

West Side chants out of mouths of unknown wannabe gangstas - brain cells fryin’ in life’s fryin’ pan

East Side deep fried in lard; cloggin’ up veins, arteries, and cerebral tunnels - still I-80 leads East and home bound

LA - city of angels with plucked wings and bent halos - highest ascension is the high of Rave party ecstasy

Take a ride wit me to NYC - Take a chomp outta that apple and get ya chill on under the homegrown fruit tree

Close your eyes and night visualize missed sunny southern delights from "They-ami"; "HotLanta", and like whoa - "Cackalackie"

Open your eyes while in your daymare and walk the crowded streets of the ghettos of Oaktown; melt in the pot in Frisco; and ride the racial pine with Sac’s favorite Kangs - although not royally speaking that is

Did I hear some "ignant" West coast fool holla West Side ova the loud speaker?

Sir, you’re free to move about the cabin now! We have a while before we land in Philly!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fam,

My time is slowly but surely winding down here in Cali and on Destee's for a minute...if anyone wants ta get at me, please do so before 31 May - this is the drop dead date I will be temporarily "unplugged" until I make it back East...I expect to be "replugged" sometime in July...peace!

Love and Respect
    GQ

2. Desert Storm

Desert Storm Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +31
    Wow, Lol

You reppin Oaktown thanks GQ, Umm where you at? Lot's people in cali Dyme,8th wonder,Afridancr,me ha ha ha. Ok, Umm yeah So You know I like this piece right? Ok, good, just thought you should know. Do you like the mall, in Sacramento? Arden Fair, or do they have bigger malls in da east?.... Just wondering. Thanks for the read!
    God speed
    Desert Storm

3. Street So'ja

Street So'ja Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    uh

GQ - you know you my dawg, i just happen to look here today, my computer access is sucky right now. thank for the love doe, cause you real and real stay real together. i would love to be a contributor here more often. i read alot of work here, but my access time is sucky i want to show love for everybody not just a few, cause that's steez, but by JUNE i should be flowing again.

Peace from the East

4. GQ

United States Air Force
    Ratings:
    +3
    Storm,

I thought I holla'd before on this?? Well anyway, I be situated right smack in the middle of Sac and Frisco...and yeah Arden Fair is on point...there's a coupla good malls on the East too now...Gallery Mall in Philly is the shiznitz!!!

I knew 8th was flyin' the Cali skies and I holla'd at Dyme just recently and found out he was in the Bay area...but Afri be in NY...

:heart:
    GQ

5. GQ

United States Air Force
    Ratings:
    +3
    Time is most def slippin' into the future isn't it??? :wink:

GQ

6. dnommo

dnommo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher of English, Literature & Poetry
    Ratings:
    +15
    GQ,

hey man, i know how it is to wanna flow back to da east... the block is hot and the chrome's still spinnin nicely...da platinum still expensive and the timb's still rockin year round. come on home and toss on some Platinum FUBU with some Butta's and holla at a bro down here in "b-more"... i might just have to come up to NYC or Jersey to do some politikin with you and So'ja...

oh by da way...8th be moving to B'more real soon son...:D gonna show her some real east coast style...

mad luck on the trip back and hit me up on the email....

7. Desert Storm

Desert Storm Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +31
    Oh! My, Bad! ha ha ha

Well, I was kinda of not sure 'bout ms. Afri because she told me that she went to Oakland and stuff so I was like Oh, She from da Bay Area and I didn't know that Dyme was from the Bay I'll have to give him a holla! And you be movin 'round constantly so I wasn't sure where you were at. Last time you said Fairfield so... yeah! Well, thanks for that info. ha ha ha. How do you like California so far? Well, that's kinda cool to know we both in Cali right now. Well, anyways,see ya later
    Desert Storm

8. GQ

United States Air Force
    Ratings:
    +3
    No bad DS...

Yep that's where Fairfield be - right in da middle!!!

Good spot - good state!!!! Hate to raise up but
    my East coast calls...feel me?

But I'll be back for a visit or two or three... :lol:

GQ

9. poeticdelight

poeticdelight Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks For Sharing This Piece

i'm from the Dirty South

never really had an interest in the "WEST SIDE"
    in particular

do your thang LOL

peace

pdiddy

10. Afridancr

Afridancr Well-Known Member MEMBER

African Dance Instructor/Cultural Educator
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tight as usual!

Looking forward to your arrival in my neck of the woods:wink:

and thanks!:cool: for giving Desert Storm the 411!!!

Praying for you a safe trip!!!!

Aminata