The Front Porch : early upbringing

You certainly sound like you have some serious, deep-seated preconceptions. Too, I AM seeking enlightenment on the internet: but you say that it's "all about me"? I sense a combative tone to your contribution and, contrary to your assertion, I sense that you do, indeed, have a problem with White people. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I am not here to apologize for anything that I didn't do.

First off, you not deaing with some kid. Second I sound like i have deep seated preconceptions? Where did you see me use the word "I" in my comment? What you heard is the reflection of your "history" being played back to you. Combative tone? Really? You plan on going to war against me? I just stated facts if you find that combative, well sad to say you're obviously not ready for knowledge or "enlightment" as you put it. Again you can gain all you seek quietly but you like all other white people who come to Black sites, ALWAYS make it about them. Why do I say that. Who asked "you" to apologize. THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU GET OVER YOURSELF ALREADY. By giving you a "history" lesson, you see it as a fight. lol hahahaha why because Black people are violent like you see on TV lol You sense I have a "problem" with white people. I hope you daddy also told you that you're no psychic. You white people amaze me, your history dictates that you've done nothing but rape, murder, maim, and lynch your thoroughout lands of the earth. But somehow you want the Alice in Wonderland version. Again white people have made great contributions to society. The problem is white people act as if NO other people on earth has great contributions as well.

I found the mini-series unbelievably one-sided: the only Whites in the whole movie who weren't positively evil were a pair of half-witted share-croppers. Kind of a one-sided portrayal.

Please stop trying to act like we're equal, have the same enemies, both have preconceived notions...blah blah blah
It was an accurate portrayal of your history w/ most colored folks around the globe...Whites have been the villains 100% of the the time.
Yall kill me w/ that...
You wanted so see an equal balance of "good" whites folks fighting against slavery? That's fairy tale stuff, it didn't happen that way. SMH
History ain't suppose to make you feel better about yourself it's suppose to tell the truth...and truth is you, your racist daddy, your potentially racist offspring, the rest of your family/friends and even your Church benefited from most of the crimes/injustices committed by whites against colored folks. Deal w/ the truth and stop trying to change the facts. It's too disgusting huh? makes you wanna puke? Sodahellwhat, deal w/ it.

Well, that was extremely mean-spirited, but I will reply in a more civil manner.
"Racist"? If by that you mean that I attach, conciously or otherwise, certain beliefs or character attributes to fellow human beings based merely on their race, then I guess you are partly right, thought I hate to say so, since "racist" is used so often by so many to merely shut others up, and not in its less pejoritive meaning. I was brought up with certain beliefs which I have tried never to act upon, but which are certainly in my mind, however much I would like to exorcise them. Have you ever really tried to go against early childhood upbringing? Not as easy as it sounds.
If I "stay the heck away from blk folks", what will be accomplished?
I am an American: I think the Australian natives will have to wait until I understand my fellow Americans.

We'll have one less racist white person to deal with = PROGRESS!!!!

Check that white sense of entitlement at the door, no one is obligated to be nice to you. This is not summer camp!

First off, you not deaing with some kid. Second I sound like i have deep seated preconceptions? Where did you see me use the word "I" in my comment? What you heard is the reflection of your "history" being played back to you. Combative tone? Really? You plan on going to war against me? I just stated facts if you find that combative, well sad to say you're obviously not ready for knowledge or "enlightment" as you put it. Again you can gain all you seek quietly but you like all other white people who come to Black sites, ALWAYS make it about them. Why do I say that. Who asked "you" to apologize. THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU GET OVER YOURSELF ALREADY. By giving you a "history" lesson, you see it as a fight. lol hahahaha why because Black people are violent like you see on TV lol You sense I have a "problem" with white people. I hope you daddy also told you that you're no psychic. You white people amaze me, your history dictates that you've done nothing but rape, murder, maim, and lynch your thoroughout lands of the earth. But somehow you want the Alice in Wonderland version. Again white people have made great contributions to society. The problem is white people act as if NO other people on earth has great contributions as well.

LOL
I agree /w your post but...
what great contributions?
I mean between the ish they stole and the ish they fabricated...I just don't know.

LOL
I agree /w your post but...
what great contributions?
I mean between the ish they stole and the ish they fabricated...I just don't know.
I don't disagree. yes they've stolen and fabricated much of their "history'. But still there is a contribution here and there. The problem is they don't recognize anyone else's greatness. That is my main issue. But you are right. What comes to mind is when i think about the light bulb and thomas edison lol

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back