The Front Porch : early upbringing

This kinda reminds me of that mcdonald's commercial with Michael Jordan (black man) and Larry Bird (white guy) where Bird goes to Jordans HOUSE, (this site) steps on the 'front porch' and knocks on the door and Jordan opens it up and has a Cheeseburger (knowledge) in his hand. Bird says 'ill play you for your burger (knowledge)' and mike agrees.

The only problem is what does Mike (black guy) get if he wins? what collateral did Bird (white guy) put up?

answer: Nothing!

1. The joy of imparting enlightenment to another.
2. The mutually beneficial exchange of cultural information.
3. The possible friendship of a worthy human being (I am not a perfect man, but try to be a good one).

Ahhh... so, if I understand correctly, you are asking what you get in exchange for educating me?
- not at all! The way you knocked on the door of a black persons 'house' (introduced yourself) and asked us for 'knowledge' but didn't say what you had to 'offer' just caused that commercial to pop up from my mental roledex.

I don't have any knowledge to give....

One of the reasons Black folk have problems with White folk is because of mutual ignorance (IMO). BOth have preconceptions or ideas about the other that preclude a fuller understanding of what and who they are.
What would be the reaction if I walked up to a Black man in the street and started questioning him about Black culture and beliefs? Probably not good: he would cast me as a racist, a troublemaker, or an idiot. I am none of the three, but I am curious about many things having to do with the Black experience in America. I have read 'Black Like Me' (many years ago) and a few other books of that kind, but have never been close friends with an American Black. I grew up in Australia, and knew a few aborigines, but they are nothing like American-Americans.
Interesting because, as I stated, I learned about white people as a result of my personal interaction, not what I was taught. This is to say I learned some if not most white people are racist and some are not. So, my perspective is not based on ignorance but what I know. This leads me to ask, how do you think most white people would respond if I did the same and walked up to them and started asking a lot of questions regarding white culture?

One of the reasons Black folk have problems with White folk is because of mutual ignorance (IMO). BOth have preconceptions or ideas about the other that preclude a fuller understanding of what and who they are.
Black people don't have a white problem with white people. White people clearly have a problem with Black people. It's more than "mutual ignorance" and you're (IMO) is not helping either. Black people DO NOT have preconceptions of white people. The "history" of white people clearly dictates the attitudes that Black people have towards whites. Stop acting like you were born yesterday. Black people fully understand white people, and we understand that white people don't know how to mind their business. White people make everybody else's business their business. Like we've been taught in amerikkka, that the native indian sold their land to the white man. Who in their right mind would sell where they've been living for centuries, for $24 and some beads? White people stole EVERYTHING they have. Stole everything from the native indian, then called them savages, like indians were supposed to just follow along. That is not preconception, that's fact. Let's not even go into slavery as the residual affects are STILL evident today. There are a ton of places you can gain knowledge from, about the Black/African experience (library, internet). You can do so quietly without making it all about you. If you seek knowledge then seek it, you will receive it, if you are genuine. Not ALL whites are bad or racists, but don't complain about being guilty by association, when you've group ALL other people the same way.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back