The Front Porch : early upbringing

Discussion in 'The Front Porch' started by CraigK, Dec 28, 2011.

1. CraigK

CraigK Active Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +15
  2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    This kinda reminds me of that mcdonald's commercial with Michael Jordan (black man) and Larry Bird (white guy) where Bird goes to Jordans HOUSE, (this site) steps on the 'front porch' and knocks on the door and Jordan opens it up and has a Cheeseburger (knowledge) in his hand. Bird says 'ill play you for your burger (knowledge)' and mike agrees.

The only problem is what does Mike (black guy) get if he wins? what collateral did Bird (white guy) put up?

answer: Nothing!

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

- not at all! The way you knocked on the door of a black persons 'house' (introduced yourself) and asked us for 'knowledge' but didn't say what you had to 'offer' just caused that commercial to pop up from my mental roledex.

I don't have any knowledge to give....

4. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Interesting because, as I stated, I learned about white people as a result of my personal interaction, not what I was taught. This is to say I learned some if not most white people are racist and some are not. So, my perspective is not based on ignorance but what I know. This leads me to ask, how do you think most white people would respond if I did the same and walked up to them and started asking a lot of questions regarding white culture?

5. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    Black people don't have a white problem with white people. White people clearly have a problem with Black people. It's more than "mutual ignorance" and you're (IMO) is not helping either. Black people DO NOT have preconceptions of white people. The "history" of white people clearly dictates the attitudes that Black people have towards whites. Stop acting like you were born yesterday. Black people fully understand white people, and we understand that white people don't know how to mind their business. White people make everybody else's business their business. Like we've been taught in amerikkka, that the native indian sold their land to the white man. Who in their right mind would sell where they've been living for centuries, for $24 and some beads? White people stole EVERYTHING they have. Stole everything from the native indian, then called them savages, like indians were supposed to just follow along. That is not preconception, that's fact. Let's not even go into slavery as the residual affects are STILL evident today. There are a ton of places you can gain knowledge from, about the Black/African experience (library, internet). You can do so quietly without making it all about you. If you seek knowledge then seek it, you will receive it, if you are genuine. Not ALL whites are bad or racists, but don't complain about being guilty by association, when you've group ALL other people the same way.

6. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Interesting that you would mention black violence. Black people are bombarded with images in the news concerning white violence but there may be a difference in that we may not has as high of a fear factor. Yes, there is violence in black communities but this is why I say I learn from my own interaction. For example, last night I couldn't slept because my neighbors were fighting and they are white.

7. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    1. The overwhelming majority of prisoners on death row are white males

2. +85% of all substance abusers and junkies are white males. ( Uof M study and FBI data over four decades )

3. The overwhelming majority of inmates are white males

Perhaps you should widen your media choices. Unless you are delusional in thinking that white junkies dont commit crimes to support their habits?

8. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    The Genome Project says that modern human life, ( Adam and Eve ) originated in Africa. It also states that whites, were the last group to form are our closest relatives. We are either cousins or half brothers genetically. I, half jokingly, state that this means you are the mark of Cain. Proven by you're/ the only ones with proven cave man dna. ( Re: Land of Nod ) Perhaps you can start by viewing:

The Genome Project series ( PBS )

Eyes on the Prize Pt I & II

The Rise and Fall of Jim Crow

Roots

I would also recommend you move to a large urban area and take a few classes at an urban university/college. Btw, your preconceived notions are coming across in yiour convo in here

9. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    So, basically you're racist? It's not our job to prove we aren't like your racist father claimed.
    And I don't understand the 'it's how I was brought up so that's what I believe' thing...like many of us grew up believing in unicorns and santa but when we grew up we stopped b/c we didn't have any evidence that they exited. You must think there's evidence to support your fathers claims otherwise you wouldn't still be holding on to 'em.
    Maybe it would be beneficial for you to:
    get an exorcism, go to church, get some holy water or something...
    read some history books by african/blk scholars
    stay the heck away from blk folks smh

Why not focus on understand the plight of non-white Australians? Your ignorance will probably have more impact on them than black americans.

10. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    Really? Nothing Racial?