Black Hebrew Israelites : EAGLE Symbolism

Discussion in 'Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group' started by Chevron Dove, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    May 7, 2009
    Just want to add a little bit about what I've glanced at so far about the "eagle" and "Dan" and "Judge" in regards to the book of Daniel and etc.

Based on my past research I wonder if this could be considered:

The EAGLE is also in relation to the CHALDEANS, descendants of Cush Ham. And the Lord called them the best empire, Golden Empire. Even though they were overthrown, they were rooted and prophecy in the book of Daniel says that they will manifest again in the last days. Terms like 'the eagles nest' correlates to their history as well as other civilizations. AbraHam [Abram] was sent in the land of Ham and his descendants bonded with them and I believe that the 'eagle' in scripture correlates to this.

Dan- I think that this term goes way back before AbraHam and again, connects to the descendants of Ham and also way before them. I think it means and correlates to 'Judge' but other historical facts may help to understand the depth of this term.
  2. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Jan 15, 2014
    Still see Dan as the Snake (check out when Jacob was given out names and characteristics), but still could be the eagle

Not to mention Deut 33 refers to Dan and Gad having characteristics of a lion;
    While referring to Joseph (Ephraim/Manasseh) as a bullock/ox, but anything could be used to characterize whatever I suppose.

Here is some other context to chew on

Gen 30:6
    And Rachel said, God hath judged me, and hath also heard my voice, and hath given me a son: therefore called she his name Dan.

Gen 49:16
    Dan shall judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel.

Gen 49:17
    Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward.

"Eagles Nest" is a reference to Edom and Mt Seir (probably Petra, Jordan)

Oba 1:4
    Though thou exalt thyself as the eagle, and though thou set thy nest among the stars, thence will I bring thee down, saith the LORD.

• Edom was a land that was desolate, Edomites dug caverns into the high rocks for dwelling places.

But if we want to get into that for the part of Esau and his lineage, they are thought to have been the catalyst for what we think of as the Roman Empire... which had a symbol of their sigil with the eagle, beak and talons.

Isa 23:13
    Behold the land of the Chaldeans; this people was not,till the Assyrian founded it for them that dwell in the wilderness: they set up the towers thereof, they raised up the palaces thereof;and he brought it to ruin.

There was a connection to Edom and the Chaldeans as Rome is with Babylon

Isa 13:19

And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

Ur > Edom > Assyria (Sumeria) > Babylon > Rome

Assyrian/Sumerian constructs

2Ki 17:24
    And the king of Assyria brought men from Babylon, and from Cuthah, and from Ava, and from Hamath, and from Sepharvaim, and placed them in the cities of Samaria instead of the children of Israel: and they possessed Samaria, and dwelt in the cities thereof.
    2Ki 17:25
    And so it was at the beginning of their dwelling there,that they feared not the LORD: therefore the LORD sent lions among them, which slew some of them.

2Ki 17:26
    Wherefore they spake to the king of Assyria, saying, The nations which thou hast removed, and placed in the cities of Samaria, know not the manner of the God of the land: therefore he hath sent lions among them, and, behold, they slay them, because they know not the manner of the God of the land.

Last two images are of the Sumerian/Babylonian Dumuzid. otherwise known as "Tammuz" in biblical writings.

I think some just took on the symbolism of the majestic nature of winged beings.
    Keep in mind "Dan" fell into the idolotry of Baal and Melech, children on Micah.

Jdg 17:4
    Yet he restored the money unto his mother; and his mother took two hundred shekels of silver, and gave them to the founder, who made thereof a graven image and a molten image: and they were in the house of Micah.

Jdg 17:5
    And the man Micah had an house of gods, and made an ephod, and teraphim, and consecrated one of his sons, who became his priest.

Jdg 18:27
    And they took the things which Micah had made, and the priest which he had, and came unto Laish, unto a people that were at quiet and secure: and they smote them with the edge of the sword, and burnt the city with fire.

Jdg 18:31
    And they set them up Micah's graven image, which he made, all the time that the house of God was in Shiloh.

My research leads me to graven and molten images of Ashtoreth or Ishtar, mother of Tammuz

Click to view image below

But much of Judges 18 describes Dan as a tribe with no land, that was willing to pillage other lands and kill if need be. Robbed the man's house and took his priest.

Here is a clip for visual digestion in regards to Edom and Rome though