Black Poetry : e pluribus unum? (voices from a dead end street)

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by klabarron, Mar 3, 2004.

1. klabarron

klabarron Well-Known Member MEMBER

USAFR Training Technician
    Ratings:
    +6
    E Pluribus Unum?
    (Out of many, One?)

We hear from our political and religious leaders that America is now one. We hear the shouts from the pulpits and capital hill that there is just one America draped in a glorious red, white and blue. It's amazing what a tragedy and a common enemy can do! Is it that we are so United in these States or that our current, tragic state has falsely United U.S? If we did not share a common enemy of Brown, would we still be fighting Black versus White? If we did not witness the loss of loved ones, would we love the ones we’re with? If the Haves didn't suddenly have not and Have-nots had not suffered loss would we still be Robin Hoodin', that is taking from the rich to give to poor while the rich get richer and poor are still poor? If we were not pointing our guns toward the Middle East would we return to Eastside versus Westside with guns drawn, while Southeast battles Northwest and Red fight Blacks and Blues crack backs, while the ******* and Wiggers continue to battle and the Homies and Vatos switch the blade, the blade they switch until jugular veins are exposed? E pluribus unum? Out of many, one? Are we really one? Or are we.... afraid? Land of the free; home of the brave? Afraid? Fear in the red, white and blue? Not U.S! Not America! But wait… We are eager to pray now, when our laws forbid 'prayer in schools. We call on a God, that we once daily thumb our noses at. We want Him to assist U.S. in killing this Brown-skinned devil and we have failed to live as the Black, Brown, and White-skinned angels that we'd like the world to see! We mourn for the children who lost mothers on 9/11 but we applaud the mothers who have lost, or rather chosen to loose millions of aborted babies and we say it's "their human right." Their "human rights?" We print on America's false idol, the all mighty dollar, "In God We Trust". In God We Trust? E pluribus unum? What? The Baptist can't worship with the Pentecostals. The Methodists won't worship with the Catholics. The Black church won't embrace the White church because "we just worship differently". E pluribum unum? In God We Trust? Not even in the church! If I walk in and because I am simply different, but nonetheless a valuable creation of God, I am made to feel unwanted, unwelcomed and at a minimum simply tolerated something is drastically wrong. Did the blood of Christ not wash away all of my sins? We shout revival, revival! Revival of fear? Does scaring the hell out of a person count for saving their soul? Is that the way God saves us? Well, I hope the revival doesn’t end when CNN finds a new “Top Story”! America! America! We must, with a collective heart, seek God for the removal of every allegiance, every prejudice, and every tradition of men that would preclude a true and holy allegiance to God. Don’t tell me we are united until we become one in a spirit of Agape Love empowered by God’s Holy Spirit! Lord, make us one!

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    yes indeed one as a whole by his will
    flow on our poetic winner................

3. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    i like this one...
    flow on...
    i am still reading

4. klabarron

Ratings:
    +6
    MAN!!!

you guys are such a support. thank you so much. this is actually in one of my published works. thanks again.

5. Bluewater

Bluewater Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Praising The Lord
    Ratings:
    +44
    this is just wonderful
    you have indeed touch me
    with this scribe
    flow flow more
    Peace
    BlueWater:heart:

6. klabarron

Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks Sista Blue. This was a 9-11 after thought.
    Keep flowing with me.