Black Spirituality Religion : Dying during sleep

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by karmashines, Jul 15, 2005.

1. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    For the spiritualists here, if you die duirng your sleep and you were involved in a dream, would your death experience cause you to 'merge' into that dream, particularly if it was pleasant and featured communication with a loved one?

2. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Did you have a dream like this sistah?

Why are so many people who are members of organized religion, so afraid of dying, yet they are taught to be more concerned about dying and going to heaven?

3. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    Fear of death is a natural human fear no matter what you believe in

4. karmashines

Ratings:
    +19
    Yep. The one I was thinking of when I was writing this thread was a detailed dream where my dad was alive and we were living at our old house. Ironically enough I was on the computer surfing the Internet talking about dreams form a 'reality.' My dad was talking about how 'you determine your own destiny.'

5. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    PEACE SISTER:

To answer your Q: yes, your consciousness would indeed merge with the perameters (THE MATRIX, if you will) of that dream that you were involved in.

However, it's important to understand, that not all dreams are just figments of your imagination (though some are).

They can be (and often are) windows to other places and events in time (past and future). Often times, when you are experiencing something in a dream, your mind is opening a portal for your soul to travel to this place/time and actually live out this event.

That's why it's gravely (no pun) important to assert as much cognitive control both over and in your dreams as possible, ala NEO in the MATRIX.

PEACE

6. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    Good Morning Brother SAMURAI36,

I find this very interesting you say this...I have talk with Brother Sek on some of my dreams in which they come to pass....I can dream of an event that comes true in the near future at times it will take me to a past event to bring me to the future event that will happen....like a story line.....its alot more to this, but I will stop here....

Peace
    Angel

7. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    PEACE BLACK ANGEL:

I'm glad to hear that you are seeking to understand this aspect of your Spirit.

Our Spirit and its development can be very complex, or it can be very simple, depending on how much we strive to understand it.

PEACE

8. karmashines

Ratings:
    +19
    I have had a few dreams where I think it was something deeper. One of them, (which I will never forget) was a wonderful dream in which I was flying over some world... I don't think it was earth, though it was similar... had water and lands and everything.

Another dream I had was a vision of an escaped slave couple being guided by a Native American to freedom.

9. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

The keyword here is "Belief", if you believe something, often it becomes a self-fulling prophecy.

There are spiritual systems that DO NOT have a fear of death, and it is not natural for them to do so. Indeed they embrace it as part of a cosmic economy that you do not understand.

10. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

The first paragraph looks like you were astral traveling, the second on looks like you have a native american spirit guide.