AACOOLDRE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 26, 2001
Michigan
Occupation
Teacher
DWIGHT EISENHOWER: LITTLE ROCK 9
By Andre Austin

President Dwight Eisenhower has been plagued with long standing rumors he had drops of negro blood running in his veins. The superstar afrocentritic historian J.A. Rogers in his book , The Five Negro Presidents, claimed Eisenhower’s mother was either a quadroon or octoroon. I’ve saw pictures of Ida Stover- Eisenhower when she was young, and god damnnn she looks like somebody jumped over the fence in her family tree. Incidentally, pieces of her family tree aren’t in existence either. Eisenhower could have passed in appearance right along with Homer Plessy who demanded to sit anywhere on public transportation in the 1880’s in New Orleans way before there was a Rosa Parks.

President Barack Obama in an appearance on The View (August 2010)wish that people would also ask about whites who had blacks in their families. I took it that he was by inference suggesting their was other presidents who might have had black blood in their roots.

Did Eisenhower integrate Little Rock high school in Arkansas because he felt a little sympathy for blacks because he knew his mother had blacks in her family? Who knows. Also in 1957 Eisenhower passed a civil rights bill giving blacks the right to vote but unfortunately it had no teeth. I do not know Eisenhower’s motivations I can only examine his speeches and letters. Eisenhower wrote a personal letter to a friend: “There must be respect for the Constitution-which means the Supreme Courts interpretation of the Constitution-or we shall have chaos…this I believe with all my heart”. However, Eisenhower didn’t agree with the decision and felt it would set the South back 15 years. It appears Eisenhower political (public) and personal (private) views were at odds. Eisenhower was a former General so when Gov. Orval Faubus used the national guard to turn away black students to defy the rule of law was the last straw for Eisenhower. Martin Luther king wrote: “Gandhi not only spoke against the caste system but he acted against it. He took “untouchables” by the hand and led them into the temples from which they had been excluded. To equal that, President Eisenhower would take a negro child by the hand and lead her into Central High School in Little Rock”. Now to be fair Eisenhower did testify in Congress against integrating the military but this doesn’t mean he was a racist, just wanted order and strict discipline in the military. That would be like saying general Colin Powell was anti-gay for supporting “Don’t ask don’t tell” a position he has changed in favor of gays serving openly in the military.

My interest in Dwight Eisenhower sparked because my middle name came from him. Eisenhower died in 1969 the year I was born. In honor of Eisenhower work my family bestowed upon me his name to go on my birth certificate.

Personally, I get so tired of hearing about the so-called "Black Presidents."

Why are so many Black people so fascinated with that? :10500:

I mean, really, if many of our own family histories contain White ancestors, then it stands to reason that theirs do too. :10500: Many descendants of those former slaves did "PASS" into White society.

"THEY" just don't generally acknowledge it.

The case of Jefferson and Sally Hemings is well-known. However, Washington also "allegedly" had a son from a slave mistress. http://www.westfordlegacy.com/home.htm

When rumors about his lineage arose, Warren G. Harding "allegedly" said to a reporter, "How do I know, Jim? One of my ancestors may have jumped the fence."

...And the list goes on-and-on..

Sometimes, in later life, some White people will suddenly feel so "compelled" to confess to Black blood....sometimes, it's the truth and sometimes, it's for publicity to sell a book. :cool:

For example, Carol Channing waited until she was 81 years old to reveal this in her own autobiography. :cool:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_20_102/ai_93974696/

As I type this, I recall a former White co-worker from many years ago...She was originally from TN ...Well, she was often teased about having some Black ancestors in her family because this White girl had a BUTT like a Black woman. LOL And BOY, did she get upset every time someone said that to her! :lol:

And being from TN, it was very likely that she DID have some Black ancestors but she sho nuff wasn't tryna to hear that! LOL She got RILED everytime (which is also why they keep saying it to her)! lol

Many White people want to sweep it under the rug that some great-great ancestor visited the slave quarters back-when....and they, definitely, don't wanna even THINK about some of that blood flowing BOTH WAYS. :lol:

"Denial is not just a river in Egypt." LOL

if you get tired of hearing about then why read it and respond to it?

i'm not facinated with race mixing just looking at this instance case for historical purpose of a president enforcing the rule of law for racial inclusion.

alot of people dont know history and its good to share a variety of opinions.MLK thought Eisenhouser actions were very significant.

my grandparents are from tenn, u might be a long lost cousin LOL, just joking with u cherry.

if you get tired of hearing about then why read it and respond to it?

i'm not facinated with race mixing just looking at this instance case for historical purpose of a president enforcing the rule of law for racial inclusion.

alot of people dont know history and its good to share a variety of opinions.MLK thought Eisenhouser actions were very significant.

I was speaking in general when I used the word "fascinated."...And I responded TO it as well as WITH it by also providing other examples.

Yes, ole Ike may have had some Black blood in him and that PRIVATE knowledge may have "colored" (pardon the pun) his actions.

However, the suspicion or even validation of the presence of Black ancestry in a White family is FAR LESS shocking or surprising to Black people than it is to WHITE people. :lol:

my grandparents are from tenn, u might be a long lost cousin LOL, just joking with u cherry.

No, not I....The White girl was from TN, not me.

My mother's side is from GA.
My father's side is from NC.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back