Black People : Dumbing Down of America!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by HODEE, Aug 8, 2015.

1. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    There may be a dumbing down of America. When I was in school. Honestly the things we studied were not applicable to anything I really needed to know at that time.

What makes a school education like the one DeVry is trying to give just a bit better than what you get at many colleges? The Colleges are not current.

DeVry goes out and partners with local companies, get and finds out what the five year plan is in that industry. Comes back and prepares a lot better for the coming trends and their students are somewhat better prepared.

We get a lot of propaganda. The whole idea of Dumbing Down America is to make the population easier to manage, control and manipulate by the people in charge.

If you don't think and question you will accept anything you are told. This has resulted in many being satisfied or content. ( An its OK attitude, that leads to acceptance of just about anything. ) Complacent

As new technology is introduced like the Autonomous Cars, Flying Cars - (actually being worked on in California), Google Glasses, Working on WiFi instead of just knowing it is usable at Starbucks.
    So many other cutting edge technologies. Is there a desire to better understand how it works, a desire to not only know how to turn things on.

Be more than a consumer, be active in any and all decisions that effect you.
    Seek answers and question why? When something is not acceptable, does not make sense, or feel right and you don't agree.

upload_2015-8-8_5-31-12.jpeg upload_2015-8-8_5-36-11.jpeg

upload_2015-8-8_5-39-22.jpeg

2. Black Phoenix

Black Phoenix Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +147
    I know it's true. We have young people who can't spell basic words or do simple calculations because they are dependent on machines to do it for them. I find it funny that people have had novels like 1984 and movies like The Matrix and Terminator giving them glimpses of their future as puppets of the machine, yet they refuse to believe it will happen or is already happening.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    wait! what? america not dumb enough already?

4. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    I was just thinking the same thing yesterday about spell check and calculators. Although they are great tools, the universal reliance on them has affected the learning process.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. are black people dumbing down america?