Black People : Duke Rape Accuse Crystal Mangum May Face Murder Charge

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Charles IKS, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Charles IKS

Charles IKS Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +154
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/duke-lacrosse-rape-accuser-crystal-mangum-charged-murder/story?id=13375065

Crystal Mangum, the woman who claimed three Duke lacrosse players raped her five years ago, could soon be facing murder charges after the man she's accused of stabbing has died.

Mangum, 32, allegedly stabbed live-in boyfriend Reginald Daye, 46, during an April 3 argument. According to Durham, N.C., police, Mangum stabbed him in the torso with a kitchen knife. He was taken to Duke University Hospital and treated for serious injuries. Daye died Wednesday evening, according to police.

"More than likely, we will be upgrading the charge to murder," Durham Police Chief Jose Lopez Sr. told The Herald Sun of Durham Wednesday.

During a 911 call, a man requesting an ambulance to the residence said Mangum was the attacker. "I told him she was trouble from the very beginning," the man said.

Go to link for the rest of the article

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    ...So Bro. Charles, what say you about this situation? Have you been following this story since the supposed "rape" took place?

KWABENA

3. Charles IKS

United States
    Ratings:
    +154

Well, I haven't been actively following it. Someone brought it to my attention at another site. You know, I could go on a rant about the gender double standards in the media but I won't because it will fall on blind eyes anyway. Had this brotha defended himself and hurt the woman in the process, regardless of her trying to kill him, he would have been called a punk, woman beater and would have been ostracized. Reverse the genders and this thread would had at least 100+ posts by now.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,688

Why didn't you stay at the other site?

Why would you present any text, to people with blind eyes?

:heart:

Destee

5. Charles IKS

United States
    Ratings:
    +154
    The "blind eyes" were evident by the view/post ratio.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,688

It could be indicative of non-interest, or any number of things more likely, than Members here are blind.

We can see.

:heart:

Destee

7. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Crystal Mangum, Duke Lacrosse Accuser, Makes Bond On Murder Charge For Boyfriend's Death

02/20/13

DURHAM, N.C. -- The woman who falsely accused three Duke University lacrosse players of raping her has been released on bond to await trial for her boyfriend's murder.
    Crystal Mangum was released Wednesday from the Durham County jail, where she had been held since her April 2011 arrest for the fatal stabbing of Reginald Daye.
    The 34-year-old mother is representing herself in court, saying she killed Daye in self-defense. It wasn't immediately clear who posted her $200,000 bond.....

.... cont....
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/20/crystal-mangum-duke-lacrosse-accuser_n_2728853.html

8. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Yes, rape and false rape are both serious crimes which should be addressed by parents and schools to males and females.

9. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    Thanks for posting.

Where is her father? Why would this young Black girl put herself in such a situation of being a stripper, and then going to be at a party of a group of White men, college men, in the first place? And after all of that, and after getting a whole lot of money, and publicity for having a book published and etc., she enters into a relationship with a man and has a relationship that ends up putting herself in another situation of pleading 'defending herself' from another attack!? I ask myself, do I believe her or not? Was this Black man seeking gain and was he a benefactor in seeking a relationship with this girl? It is sad that he is now dead, but it is also sad that this young woman's life has been so muttered.

I believe that she has been exploited, thouroughly exploited, nonetheless.

I see a lot of 'Black women' bashing going on lately, and I believe I know why too. It seems that everytime I glance at this one talk show with a White man from Britian, he is putting promiscuous young Black girls in view, and then he seemingly is trying to help them, but all I see, is total bashing. I definitely see a trend going on right now. History is getting ready to repeat itself, in my opinion. I'm glad my head is covered, but I feel for these young Black girls who are being torn down, because i believe it will have a negative affect on 'the Black woman' as a whole. Anyway, thanks for posting this! this story hit home for me because, well, it's where I reside! I remember it so well, the candle ceremonies at the colleges and etc.

As a matter of fact, it is curious that this woman, Crystal Mangum, is back in the news this month, because from what I remember, it was this month that this story first broke. Like Tawana, her name was hidden to protect her but later, it became put all out in the public and then she was thrown down. If those young men invited a stripper to their party, there is no way in the world, I believe they were totally innocent, but no matter, she went to the place, to be 'a stripper!' What a shame. I don't understand why Black women don't think twice about relationships and promiscuous relationships with other kind of men. We need to look at history first. We are the only ones that have been so totally exploited by other kinds of men in the hisory of this world to the point we became completely thrown down and deprived of human rights. That kind of history should be always in our minds, in my opinion. We shouldn't be so trusting that all of that kind of ill treatment in regards to 'the Black woman' is past history. We have some incredible haters against our being in this world. Anyway, thanks again for posting. This story is so sad.

10. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Crystal Mangum is not a "young girl" but a grown woman, 34 years old, mother of 3 children. However, she does have a history of mental illness and a past police record on driving while intoxicated, stealing a vehicle, resisting arrest and other charges.

Her mental illness may stem from an alleged previous sexual assault she said she suffered as a teenager.--- She dropped the case citing that she feared for her life.

In 2006, when she made the false rape charges against the Duke students, she was 28 years old working as a stripper, not a "young girl." ---- Strippers go where ever the money is. The company she worked for had a request from the Duke students for their party; and she and some other young women were sent there. (Now, I've heard that the Duke students did request some WHITE strippers; but for whatever reasons, they got some Black ones.)

Before these recent murder charges, in 2010, she was arrested for threatening to STAB her previous boyfriend, setting his clothes on fire in the tub, and endangering her children who were present in the apartment (one of her children called 911).

Her present criminal case comes from 2011 when she stabbed her then boyfriend, Reginald Daye. He later died, and she was charged with his murder.

So, this young woman has a history of mental illness and violent behavior.

In my opinion, her family failed her when she was "young girl" by not adequately addressing her mental illness.

Currently, the father of 2 of her children has custody of them..... I don't know who has the other child.

Overall, there is much more to this young woman's background than meets the eye; but I do agree that this is, indeed, a sad situation for all of the lives touched by Crystal Mangum.