Black Parenting : Duck Dynasty’ Couple Adopts African-American Child — See What Phil Robertson Has To Say

Discussion in 'Black Parenting' started by Liberty, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,242
    Duck Dynasty stars Jep and Jessica Robertson welcomed a new addition to their family this week, Us Weekly Magazine reported.

The newest member of the Duck Dynasty clan — Jules Augustus — was featured on a recently-aired episode, showing the Robertson family welcomed diversity into their family by adopting a child of African-American descent. After introducing the world to baby Gus on his new television show, Jep took to
    his Twitter account to show the world another look at the newest Duck Dynasty family member.

Read more at
    http://www.inquisitr.com/2733274/du...hil-robertson-has-to-say/#z7wwpWr2JcHixcmu.99

2. Lrae

Lrae Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +134
    LOL, can't wait to see how they make THAT neck red!

3. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,242
    Yeah, I think their motive for doing this might just be TV ratings. That child looks so odd among them.

This reminded me of the sad, sad, story of Hanna Williams. I don't think whites should be adopting AAs.

I had a friend who grew up in a foster home of all white people. They probably thought he was white when they brought him home. He had the coloration of Reynaldo Rey. Very light skin, red hair and freckles, but his hair was very coarse. He was very uncomfortable talking about "his family". When we were 26, he committed suicide. I don't know why. Nobody knows why.

4. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,242
    The Legacy of Ethiopian Adoptee Hana Williams

When 13-year-old Hana Williams died in 2011, my husband and I and our three adopted children were living in Northern California. The story out of tiny Sedro-Woolley, Washington initially attracted limited national attention, but among adoptive families like ours, word spread. Carri and Larry Williams had brought Hana and a younger boy, Immanuel, who is deaf, to the United States from Ethiopia in 2008. Three years later, Carri called 911 on a cold spring night to report that "rebellious" Hana had "unintentionally killed herself" in the family's backyard.

Investigators would discover that
    Carri William had forced the girl forced out into the rain as punishment for perceived disobedience. Hypothermia-induced confusion drove Hana to shed her clothes in the cold. She lost consciousness soon after, and died alone, naked and face down in mud. By the time first responders reached the scene, her body had been wrapped in a sheet and dragged inside by her adoptive teenage brothers. Witnesses said no one in the Williams family shed any tears that night.

Read more

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sharo...thiopian-adoptee-hana-williams_b_4267832.html

[​IMG]

5. Lrae

United States
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +134
    I remember this story. They were religious zealots who were following a specific book by Michael Pearl and other kids were beated to death following his guidelines....
    http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/did-hanas-parents-train-her-to-death/ That's not necessarily a result of adopting outside race as it is just crazy! I do wish more blacks would step up though.....but they don't!

6. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,242
    The median income for white families is around $141,000 per year. For AAs it is $11,000. That is why more AA cannot afford to take care of their own, much less adopt others, IMO.

OT: That was their EXCUSE. But they had 7 biological children, and 2 Ethiopian adoptees. And, they never let the white kids sleep outside in the rain, eat food that was frozen solid, starve, be beaten, locked in closets, do calisthenics in the snow, die of malnutrition, etc. I don't know how you can miss the blaring racism of this case.

7. Lrae

United States
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +134
    because I am tuned in to the effects of blood and culture over color when it comes to children! I personally have worked with black families who have only white foster kids and they treat their own kids better! Just saying, there are other variables at play in this specific example. Personally I am more concerned about gays raising our children, regardless of color that is a culture we do not need to spread in our community!

8. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,242
    Do you think the Williams treated Hanna and her brother that way because they didn't behave as well as her white biological children?

And, do you believe white people make good parents for African children?

9. Lrae

United States
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +134
    I believe all people are AFRIKAN and just because the Ruti repudiate the Nahsi doesn't mean they didn't come from the same source! Truth is colorism is the mother of racism and has destroyed way more kids! Children need love!

10. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,242
    We know that. But, it doesn't answer the questions. In fact, it is irrelevant, because Hana's parent's (like most "white people")do not self-identify as Africans.

So, again I ask simply....

Do you think the Williams treated Hanna and her brother that way because they didn't behave as well as her white biological children?

And, do you believe white people make good parents for African children?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black child on duck dynasty