Black People : DSS, can we discuss this?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Astrologer4U, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    In another thread or some where else?

It is getting rather obvious that the bickering needs to stop, particularly in important threads, where a purpose is desired. Bickering is fun and it can be appropriate at certain times. However, we are adults here, and we should be able to distinguish the difference between a time to play, and a time to not play and bicker...

Astrologer4U's Response:

"I understand you but the truth is the truth and I voiced/ text it. Don't get me wrong, I love seniors and elders but some of them are stuck in the stone age and they don't respect the youth. Willie Lynch made sure of that.

All seniors and elders are not good hearted people, why do you think there are seniors and elders in prisons? You wouldn't ask me to show respect to an elder or senior who is in prison for doing wrong would you? Unless perhaps he has redeemed his self. So why would you ask me to show respect for a so called elder who is doing something that may run off one of our youth, who reaches out to us from thousands of miles away? Although I don't feel I am showing a disrespect, that is just your opinion, and you are entitled to it.

You asking me to think about how an elder would feel, being told that he has no idea about life, well imagine this, how would you feel if you are a part of a religion which has done you good in life, and here it is, the very people you reach out, to want to condemn it, hence, condeming you? Reminds me of what white people did to blacks during slavery. They tought our ancestors to condem all that was dear to them.

Respect goes both ways, it can only be accomplished if all the people involved participate. Hana has done her part.

I know a lot of wise black seniors and elders, they would never impulsively speak out before thinking, because they would not want to run off someone in the community, who may really be reaching out to them, as a last resort.

That is all I have to say concerning this matter, and I won't be saying anything else about it."....

2. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    DSS, I know how to read in between the lines...

I have been in threads you were involved in where people have made worse comments towards the so called elder, or senior. I observed and waited to see if you would interject and do your thing. Guess what, didn't see you mention a thing.

You call me, arrogant? Humph, I don't think that comment was made on the basis that I said...

Generally, when the opinion that someone is arrogant is generated, that opinion is an opinion that would have usually already been thought of some time back, before concluding such.

If you want to help me understand something regarding my attitude, please do the thread starter of the particuaalr thread we are referring to a favor, give me my warning or chastisement in another thread, or at my profile, or through email. Any way you like but not in another thread starters thread where a significant purpose is desired, please. I don't think it is fare to turn The Denamrk letter to Obama thread into a bickering one where the so called elder becomes the center of attention. We have to many of those instances here at Destee.com and right now in "The Denmark letter to Obama" thread, it is really inappropriate and not called for. Ruining the intent ot that thread should not be deliberately put at risk.

Astrologer4U

3. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    if you call it bickering then we can't have a conversation then

my comment was my comment had nothing to do with chatisement or other
    i made my statement as ME not as a moderator

there was no wrong doing here i just felt you should have been a little more
    respectful to an Destee.com elder who has LIVED thru the civil rights era

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK

also i don't bicker

if you (not you A4U) can't understand what i'm saying i'm not the one in a

huff feel me

it's all love baby

we're trying to grow

thank you for helping me do that

4. Da Street So'ja

Ratings:
    +42
    i'm a grown man

i was speaking to another grown person we were on the same level

not like a 18 yr old trying to tell a 48 yr old what it is

i know what i did and what i said i don't talk to talk

i made comments that were justified (don't take them out of context)

show me where they were offended by my comments

second off all i APOLOGIZED TO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY

for your FYI, an apology to the community you included

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56867

your comment was not well taken and the person offended made it known

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=559688&postcount=41

ok what else you got?

:hi:

i said that with love

MUCH RESPECT TO YOU

remember that

5. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    Fare enough...

You may or many not see it as bickering, but when uncalled for and uncessary back and forth, is taking place in a thread where the intent of the thread is of a very important purpose, it begins to look like bickering. The thread begins to lose it's purpose, falls off track, and runs people away; who now do not understand what the thread was really all about. The thread was not about what James felt personally about Islam, which happened to be the young sisters religion.

Thank you as well and no huffs here, I just think honor and respect go both ways and I am just keeping it real. If you are old enough, still able to type keys on a keyboard, wipe your butt and bathe I assume, also, you are able to make cutting comments, then you should be old enough and able, to get cutting remarks back at you in return.

Being elderly, just means being older than one. If someone is older than me, she or he would be an elder. Regardless of age difference in this case, we are all adults and who so ever the elder is, is irrelevant. Respect for elders or older people does not mean that we should not challenge them. If there is anything I could do to help James, I would. However, just because he is older than me, It don't mean I should not let him know when he is wrong. My grandmother, when she took sick, I was one of the many in my family who took care of her as if she was a baby, and when she was able bodied, I challenged her all the time, just like she challenged me. We kept each other sharp. Of course she is my grandmother, so my way of challenging her, would not be the same way I would challenge others her age. James I assume is old enough to be my father, yet he acts like he is a mere bystander making unnecessary criticisms.

Respect has to be earned, not assumed. If that were the case, we should all be turning the left cheek, to all who harm, or offend us.

I said nothing wrong to James, he runs around from thread to thread, offering up a bunch of criticism and near sided views, yet we should all respect him for being around during civil rights? Please, what did he learn, if anything from civil rights because he sure doesn't teach anyone anything here, and he sure as heck don't offer up no solutions. Yet, he criticizes the methods of the people who do offer up solutions. I am confused, what should I learn from that? Certainly not respect and admiration.

Sister

Astrologer4U

6. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486

smh

What I got?

I am afraid you are way off track. You really need to go back and reread that entire comment of mines for which you are reffering to, and read it within the context of why I started this thread. I am not going to break it down for you, because I don't think you need me to do that for you. Before you go back and reread, just make sure that you clearly understand, that you are definately, jumping to conclusions.

Sister

Astrologer4U

7. Da Street So'ja

Ratings:
    +42
    i understand much more than you realize

i apologized to the whole community

i asked you to show me where someone i ADDRESSED was offended

by something i said directly and then responded to the DIRECT offensive

statement, A STATEMENT WHERE I SAID SOMETHING THAT WASN'T RELEVANT TO WHAT I WAS REPLYING TO

, you're the one who said it, and now i have to go back

i know what i say, when i said it and why i said it

8. Da Street So'ja

Ratings:
    +42
    I hope you don't reference

SOMEONE YOU TOOK OFFENSE TO

lol:haha:

9. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    Still smh

I am beginning to see a pattern of impulsivity amongst our Destee.com males....

I see that you do need me to b-r-e-a-k things down for you....

Here is my statement in it's entire form...

I started this thread because you got on me about being disrespectful to a so called elder/senior Jamesfrmphilly. The above was not referring to excell as being the elder. He has absolutely nothing to do with this, this thread was not generated because of him and if you think I give a hoot (not really the word I wanted to use) about what you say to excell, you are way, way, way off track.

You refer to James as the elder or senior. I have been in threads where people have made worse comments to James and have waited to see you do your thing, but you did not. Was just an observation. I could really care less about you getting on peoples case in the honor of James or in the honor of anyone else. As long as no one was calling names, or making threats, it's all good.

Now do you get it?

10. Da Street So'ja

Ratings:
    +42
    no

HELLO

I SAID YOUR STATEMENT WAS DISRESPECTFUL TO ALL ELDERS

being as it was a general statement

nobody said anything about james until after the fact

initially this is about ALL elders then including James