Black Spirituality Religion : Drums and Drumming

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Goddess Auset333, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    http://healing.about.com/od/drums/index_r.htm

How To Start A Drum Circle - Starting Your Own Community Drum Circle

Community drum and percussion circles can be fun and rewarding for all involved. You do not need to be a professional musician to start or participate in a drum circle, amateurs and experienced drummers alike can both join in the fun.

Drum Therapy

Rhythmist and shamanist, Michael Drake, writes about the therapeutic effects of drumming.

Harnessing and Using the Energy Created by Drumming
    Sourcerer (nickname) share the technique he uses to send energy to another person or distant place during a period of drumming, meditation, and visualization.

Drumbeat of the Rainbow Fire
    Article by Michael Blake, "If we focus our attention on the individual chakras while drumming, we can experience each energy center becoming active, balanced, and aligned with the other chakras."

Healing Sound of the Drum Beat
    A low, steady beat can create a calmness whereas a stronger upbeat can stir us into action or frenzy.

2. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    When we have EARTH Day out West and the drummers start playing, I recall once when I was dancing, I felt as though my body had left the ground :SuN030: and was Spiraling.:SuN030:

Oh how I am loving me some Drumming.:SuN030: