Black People : DRUG DEALER RAPPERS

DA BROTHER LOVE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 30, 2004
"Most jobs are in the private sector. Most people who escape from poverty do so by starting their own business or finding work in an existing business." - taken from the World Bank Group website

Having this in mind, it seems that todays rappers / drug dealers that we now see dominating the hip hop charts today may have the right idea in mind - just using the wrong product.

Its good to be a hustler? My answer is yes.... Is it good to be a dope dealer? Well, thats another story. Nowadays, it seems like today those 2 words are synomnomus more often than not. If I were a foreigner who had never been to US and my only perception into the world of black America was through mainstream media, I might get these two easily confused too. Through the mainstream media, rappers have taken a highly noticeable influence over todays youth, particularly American youth. For instance, skateboarding seems to be making an unexpected comeback now that backpack rapper Lupe Fiasco, a rapper raps about skakeboarding culture, has now graced the rap scene. I can remember when JayZ came out with the Change Clothes video and started the button up shirt movement. Soon after you could go to any club and almost every male in there would have on a button up shirt. It is undeniable that hip hop has almost a brainwashing effect on anybody that listens to it frequently. Meaning that if you listen to it enough, it has the power to change the way you talk, dress and in this case, earn your money.

I wonder what would happen if all the rap hustlers stopped rapping about drug selling and started promoting legit Black owned businesses? Do you think they would have the same following? Would they get the same airplay? Well, before you consider that question, you have to remember where the drugs are coming from in the first place. Then you have to remember who owns America's mainstream media... Then you will start to get a bigger picture of who today's top drug dealing rappers are really working for. And to go even further than that, if i dare, anybody who claims to hustle as much as these rappers claim, COULD NOT be doing it without some inside help. Ill let you figure out the rest for yourself.

To hear it from some of today's rappers, rapping is not a hustle. A common quote comes to mind... "Im not a rapper, Im just a hustler that can rap good." I cant help but ponder about the kind of message this sends? Does this mean if you are a rapper, you are not a hustler? hmmm.... anyway, heres a thought, instead of promoting the crack dealer, maybe we should promote the good hustles in our community.... Like opening up your own restaurant, your own studio, your own clothing stores, your own nightclub... the possibilities of legal hustles are much more secure abundant than the illegal ones.... I mean a hustle is a hustle, no? Anybody that has ever been a drug dealer would tell that the criminal lifestlye is not one to glorify, if anything it is something to vilify. I mean, you look at these so-called gangster rappers, the majority of them live in safe nieghborhoods, and with nice homes with picket fences and all that, then they get on the mic and scream all this hood ****.... is this what we should accept as keeping it real?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back