Black People : DROUGHT and FOOD PRICES

How many will head the warning?

• I don't eat meat!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am one of the , BE PREPARED. GET READY. Buckle DOWN and LIVE Individuals. Thanks for the INFO.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
The cost of meat at the grocery likely will drop as farmers liquidate cattle and pigs in the next few weeks, but higher pork prices and even shortages could follow in "as soon as six months," says Mike Platt, executive director of the Indiana Pork Producers.
"We're going to see a very tight market" for beef "around the Christmas holidays and into January," says Joe Moore, executive vice president of the Indiana Beef Cattle Association.

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/dro...rought-affects-food-prices-economy/56716506/1

Drought forces farmers to sell livestock; feed is too costly
By Judy Keen, USA TODAY
Updated 5d 7h ago

CHICAGO – Some farmers are selling off their livestock herds because they can't afford to buy feed, marking a new level of fallout from the drought that will affect consumers and possibly the entire U.S. economy.
The cost of meat at the grocery likely will drop as farmers liquidate cattle and pigs in the next few weeks, but higher pork prices and even shortages could follow in "as soon as six months," says Mike Platt, executive director of the Indiana Pork Producers.
"We're going to see a very tight market" for beef "around the Christmas holidays and into January," says Joe Moore, executive vice president of the Indiana Beef Cattle Association.
When that happens, small meatpacking plants might be forced to reduce shifts or lay off workers just as consumers tighten their budgets after a summer of high air-conditioning bills, says Chris Lehner, a Kansas City, Mo., commodities broker.
"We could see it affecting the whole economy," he says.

Bro. HODEE!!!!! It's great to see you again and I love the categories in your poll! The drought has been very bad and food prices are soaring. I don't think we've seen the worst of it yet either. We need more fruits / vegetables, nuts and grains in our diet and less meat anyway.

Great topic!

Bro. HODEE!!!!! It's great to see you again and I love the categories in your poll! The drought has been very bad and food prices are soaring. I don't think we've seen the worst of it yet either. We need more fruits / vegetables, nuts and grains in our diet and less meat anyway.

Great topic!

Most Definitely.....

As Black People we need to move away from the "European Food Pyramid" and into the Diet that most Favors our Natural True Self...

In Kemet meats were considered "Occasional Foods" all the while it is a known fact that Meat is absolutely detrimental to the health of anybody in the 40+ Club regardless of "Occasional Consumption"...

Personally I feel that the Black community will NEVER liberate itself and manifest "Free-Dome" until we start doing for SELF... ( Which is Our Population as a Whole )

This means being independent in AT LEAST the "Food Department".. We are suffering from a slow and subtle Genocide / Euthanasia in regards to how we eat and WHO provides that which we consume...
High Blood Pressure, Obesity, Heart Disease, Cancer(s) and we can go on and on about the problems associated with following this society and its dietary HABITS..

Our conscious community is steadily speaking about the Potentials, Potency and Majesty of our Mental / Physical / Spiritual make up.. But in my opinion we will not benefit from Our True Selves until we Nurture Our true selves starting with that which we put into our Bodies..

Sometimes we have to learn the hard way and hopefully higher food prices will force our People into Propagating and Cultivating our own Food Supply for OUR dietary needs so that in turn we can SEE the changes that would INSTANTLY occur within our communities in no less than 6 months from doing so.... ( I have a dream???? )

Fruits, Vegetables, Nuts and Grains People... With a little bit of Honey... ;)

Peace.. Peace..

Now would be a good time to cut pork out of your diet. It's bad for you anyway

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back