Black People : DROUGHT and FOOD PRICES

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by HODEE, Aug 8, 2012.

?

How many will head the warning?

Poll closed Sep 7, 2012.
  1. I don't eat meat!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. When I see the prices fall. I'm going to stock up, buy a freezer.

50.0%
  3. I'm going to buy some meat, water , rice and beans. Get ready for the storm!

50.0%
  4. I am going to buy some meat , a load of ammo.. and protect my supply!

100.0%
  5. I am one of the , BE PREPARED. GET READY. Buckle DOWN and LIVE Individuals. Thanks for the INFO.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    http://www.usatoday.com/weather/dro...rought-affects-food-prices-economy/56716506/1

Drought forces farmers to sell livestock; feed is too costly
    By Judy Keen, USA TODAY
    Updated 5d 7h ago

CHICAGO – Some farmers are selling off their livestock herds because they can't afford to buy feed, marking a new level of fallout from the drought that will affect consumers and possibly the entire U.S. economy.
    The cost of meat at the grocery likely will drop as farmers liquidate cattle and pigs in the next few weeks, but higher pork prices and even shortages could follow in "as soon as six months," says Mike Platt, executive director of the Indiana Pork Producers.
    "We're going to see a very tight market" for beef "around the Christmas holidays and into January," says Joe Moore, executive vice president of the Indiana Beef Cattle Association.
    When that happens, small meatpacking plants might be forced to reduce shifts or lay off workers just as consumers tighten their budgets after a summer of high air-conditioning bills, says Chris Lehner, a Kansas City, Mo., commodities broker.
    "We could see it affecting the whole economy," he says.

2. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    i dont mean to be off topic but HEYYYYYYYY HODEE IT'S BEEN AGES SINCE I HEARD FROM YA... HOW ARE YOU HOLDING UP??

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Bro. HODEE!!!!! It's great to see you again and I love the categories in your poll! The drought has been very bad and food prices are soaring. I don't think we've seen the worst of it yet either. We need more fruits / vegetables, nuts and grains in our diet and less meat anyway.

Great topic!

4. nixprophet

nixprophet Psalms 82:6 MEMBER

Young Black Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +357
    Most Definitely.....

As Black People we need to move away from the "European Food Pyramid" and into the Diet that most Favors our Natural True Self...

In Kemet meats were considered "Occasional Foods" all the while it is a known fact that Meat is absolutely detrimental to the health of anybody in the 40+ Club regardless of "Occasional Consumption"...

Personally I feel that the Black community will NEVER liberate itself and manifest "Free-Dome" until we start doing for SELF... ( Which is Our Population as a Whole )

This means being independent in AT LEAST the "Food Department".. We are suffering from a slow and subtle Genocide / Euthanasia in regards to how we eat and WHO provides that which we consume...
    High Blood Pressure, Obesity, Heart Disease, Cancer(s) and we can go on and on about the problems associated with following this society and its dietary HABITS..

Our conscious community is steadily speaking about the Potentials, Potency and Majesty of our Mental / Physical / Spiritual make up.. But in my opinion we will not benefit from Our True Selves until we Nurture Our true selves starting with that which we put into our Bodies..

Sometimes we have to learn the hard way and hopefully higher food prices will force our People into Propagating and Cultivating our own Food Supply for OUR dietary needs so that in turn we can SEE the changes that would INSTANTLY occur within our communities in no less than 6 months from doing so.... ( I have a dream???? )

Fruits, Vegetables, Nuts and Grains People... With a little bit of Honey... ;)

Peace.. Peace..

5. Maîtresse

Maîtresse A Lady MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +31
    Now would be a good time to cut pork out of your diet. It's bad for you anyway

6. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,126
    If you have a freezer, stock up on meat wehile its cheap. Next year, it will go up

7. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    What nutritional value does meat have if it's been sitting in your freezer for weeks and sometimes months?

From what I'm learning, we shouldn't have meat with every meal, every day and when we eat meat, it should NOT be the main part of the meal. It should not be any larger than the palm of your hand, roughly, 3 oz to 4 oz portions. But if someone served that size meat to you on a plate, you'd probably look at them like they had lost their minds.

America loves to feed people in SUPER SIZE portions. Restaurants boast about meat portions on their menues like badges of honor...8 oz to 16 oz steaks! Fast foods establishments love to invite you to buy their largest meals...a single serving large enough to feed 2 people. You might as well, eat that and drive yourself straight to ER afterward.

Black people, we are suffering from all forms of diseases due to the way we eat and what we eat. Are we victims of food too? Some of us can't bear the thought of a meal without meat on our plates or between 2 slices of bread. And Black people consume way too much RED meat! Do you have any idea how long BEEF stays in your colon?

Learn how to adapt to our environment in healthier ways. Re-train your taste buds and don't get depressed or feel as though you're denying yourself just because meat grease isn't dripping off your chin.

Learn about the value of fresh fruits, unsalted nuts, grains and different types of vegetables that are high in nutritional value. Learn how to prepare meals using these items. Stop falling prey to genetically modified and high fat foods, especially if they contain pink slime. Do you know how long it takes a McDonald's french fry to decompose? Let go of the packaged meals that are cheap and extremely high in sodium and sugar. Eat small portions of fresh foods--not only will you lose excess weight, you'll save money at the same time.

A pot, soil, fresh seeds, sun and water should be your best friend not a fork and knife. No one forces you to make that left turn into Burger King, McDonald's, White Castle or Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.

Not only are we fighting against racism, our internal organs are fighting against weapons of mass destruction in the form of unhealthy food.

It's past time to grow in wisdom, people.

*stepping down now off of my soap box*

:heart:

8. nixprophet

Young Black Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +357
    We don't even need to fight back against the powers that be.. Technically we could become self sufficient in the food department and combine this independence with a Healthy life style and we can watch "the powers that be" wither away in their own fat deposits at an early age..

If we eat in a way that allows us to Live past lets say 90 years old? While they live to live to about 65... Thats 25 more years on earth..
    We already re-produce in a faster and healthier rate.. With these numbers who would PEACEFULLY out number who? 2 Generations down the line the WORLD would be a different skin tone...

Not to mention the fact that a healthy diet in the Manner that NNQueen has provided will not only help you live longer but it will also help you NATURALLY "Activate" your pineal gland or ( 3rd Eye ) leaving only the crown next... This means you will technically be able to activate what is deemed "Super Natural" powers and abilities NATURALLY and THEN will the fun begin in our struggle...

Can we say "Free-Dome"????

Peace.. Peace..

9. nixprophet

Young Black Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +357
    We don't even need to fight back against the powers that be.. Technically we could become self sufficient in the food department and combine this independence with a Healthy life style and we can watch "the powers that be" wither away in their own fat deposits at an early age..

If we eat in a way that allows us to Live past lets say 90 years old? While they live to live to about 65... Thats 25 more years on earth..
    We already re-produce in a faster and healthier rate.. With these numbers who would PEACEFULLY out number who? 2 Generations down the line the WORLD would be a different skin tone...

Not to mention the fact that a healthy diet in the Manner that NNQueen has provided will not only help you live longer but it will also help you NATURALLY "Activate" your pineal gland or ( 3rd Eye ) leaving only the crown next... This means you will technically be able to activate what is deemed "Super Natural" powers and abilities NATURALLY and THEN will the fun begin in our struggle...

Can we say "Free-Dome"????

Peace.. Peace..