Black People : Droopy drawers/sagging pants = $50.00 fine

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by diakonos, Feb 10, 2005.

1. diakonos

diakonos Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
  2. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    i live in va beach. i heard about this non sense yeterday. i sag my pants, i wish some pig would try to fine me. it wont get paid. this is just another attack on blackness. disgusting...

p.s.

everyone please save your homosexuals in prison comebacks. sagging is a rap thing period, this is another example of how since 911 this country is turning into nazi land

one

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I'm not a fan of the saggy pants style, but a $50 fine is crazy.

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace,

I can agree with that, but i also believe that "saggy pants" does not pertain to "blackness". I believe that the fine is ridiculous, but what is the undercurrent topic going on behind the $50 fine. they are telling us that our music and rap culture is having a powerful effect on their white children no matter what class they are from. They see their kids in the streets with "saggy pants" & doo rags on their heads (knowing they can't get waves) 7 they get scared. They see their future generations being controlled by us to the point that they loose all power to rule because this upcoming generation of whites, (like the generations of those Greek thieves were heavily influenced by the black Egyptians) will willingly give over control to the blacks who they are so hypnotized by their culture..............so they are trying to stop it b4 it gets much worse for them.

As long as it was us, like drugs & anythingelse as long as it was in our community it was ok. When it hits the suburbs all of a sudden it becomes an epidemic & must be dealt with. Next, it will be rap itself!

"saggy pants" did start in prison - it is only when some prisoners turned to rap as a way of life did it become part of the rap culture.......
    The way we wear our pants, or hats more often than not reflects the mind state of the individual.............

(7)

5. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    This is ridiculous. Why money? That just tells you how evil the USA is and can be. And family, I just want to hear this from you:

DO YOU TELL THESE WHITE BOYS TO SAG THEIR PANTS? DO YOU FORCE THEM TO BUY RAP CD'S? DO YOU ENCOURAGE THEM TO BUY BAGGY PANTS? DO YOU FORCE THEM TO BLAST HIP-HOP MUSIC OVER THE PLACE?

So now all of a sudden it is OUR fault that they are driving into Grandpa Butch's driveway blaring rap music? We tell them to do NOTHING!

I don't live in Va, so I would not be feeling the effects. But I will see this, it will be interesting if there are more white boys caught sagging their pants than anyone else. I guarantee you they will give them their money back, and they will try another rule to enforce.

CD

6. Anomolous

Anomolous Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0

I don't see this as an attack on blackness. Keep it in perspective. This is about the absurdity of lawmakers trying to legislate morality. They find mid-riffs, exposed thongs, and buttcracks offensive. It is not about telling black people how to dress. The law is ridiculous. They shouldn't be able to tell anyone how to wear their clothes. Also, I find it amusing that a Democrat proposed this law and got it passed.

7. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    if rap music is blackness, and sagging comes from rap(or gangsterism heavily influenced by rapp like on the west coast where i grew up) how is this not an assault on aa culture. did they not try to ban rapp & rock and roll at one point??

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    it's out right crazy they know better to try that in chi-town
    how can u fine a person for his pants or how he ware them
    just stupid and sad folks in VA. need to protest and march on that crap
    with baggie pants stop it before they get relax with hitting folk with fines
    and taking money !!!!!
    smh.

9. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    funny the news report i just sawhere in va beach showed nothing but white kids, showing their boxers and thongs. i think theyre more worried about yts acting black then blk kids sagging.probably those jesus freaks made up the law, u know scared of liberalness type.

10. diakonos

diakonos Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Va. Senate Drops Baggy Pants Bill

:hearthis: Now hear this:

The proposal to impose a $50 fine on people who reveal their underwear in public died in the Virginia Senate yesterday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A15387-2005Feb10.html

It looks like you're safe for right now. :lol: