destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

I'm sure most of us have heard this phrase, Drinking Coffee Makes You Black, and i was wondering about its origin.

Thinking back in my own life, i remember hearing it whenever i (or a child) asked for a cup of coffee to drink, when the Elders were doing it. It seems that it was used / said, to discourage us from wanting to drink coffee.

Looking at it in a way i never have before, it seems to suggest that being Black is a bad thing, and if you drink coffee, you will be even Blacker than you already are. Sadly, Elders actually perpetuating the racism on the babies. I have vague memories of using the phrase myself, when a child asked for a cup of coffee. It's kinda funny though, this deterrent never really kept me from wanting the coffee (partaking in adult activity), even though i rarely got it!

Anywho ... does anyone know the origin of this phrase, what it really means?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

I wouldn't happen to know the exact origin of that phrase, but you and I must have come from the same family...LOL. I kid you not, this thread is so ironic. My wife and I, just last week were talking about the same phrase of "coffee making you black".

I'm already dark skinned, but after reading some convincing articles on melanin I actually searched for something to make me darker....LOL. Come to find out Copper is a great melanin inducer.

God_Weed_Sex said:
I wouldn't happen to know the exact origin of that phrase, but you and I must have come from the same family...LOL. I kid you not, this thread is so ironic. My wife and I, just last week were talking about the same phrase of "coffee making you black".

I'm already dark skinned, but after reading some convincing articles on melanin I actually searched for something to make me darker....LOL. Come to find out Copper is a great melanin inducer.

Brother God_Weed_Sex ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

lol @ we come from the same Family ... i believe it !!!! :grouphug:

Yessss ... if coffee really made one Black ... they'd be drinking it like they lay in the sun! ... hahahaha

Thanks for sharing ... copper you say ?? ... what has copper in it, that can be ingested? Are there copper pills?

Interesting name too ... God_Weed_Sex ... oh my! :eeek:

Please make yourself at home, because you are.

Destee

Zulile said:
I hadnt heard that saying before - I was told that it stops you from growing.. but I've been drinking it for years but keep getting bigger anyway ( )( ) ~sigh~

Sister Zulile ... that's interesting ... for i'd be surprised if any adult Black person in the USA, hasn't heard that phrase. Must be something they gave only to us ... lol ... massa nem duz treat us so special here in da big house ... :look:

Thanks for sharing Sister.

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back