Black People Politics : Dress Rehearsal Something that Always existed within the Republican Party

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003

Fine1952

The Age of Aquarius
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 27, 2005
USA
Occupation
Healthcare Provider
After todays insurrection. My answer is YESTH!
Is Trump’s Coup a ‘Dress Rehearsal?
Of Something that Always existed within the Republican Party

The separation of powers held. Yet the question remains as to whether these guardrails will last.

The analogy in American history was to Joseph McCarthy, who became anathema only years after he dominated Washington, D.C., with his demagogic anti-communist crusade. Today his name is an insult. This scenario was the most optimistic one possible proffered by any of the experts. However, McCarthy’s downfall happened in an entirely different era when the Republican Party eventually turned him into a pariah.

The alternative scenario proffered is that if false claims of a stolen election will persist like the “stab in the back” myth after World War I in Germany, which wrongfully suggested that democratic politicians had betrayed the army and prevented victory. “This has the result of weakening the regime because it just lowers the legitimacy among large sections of the electorate,”

“One can’t have a democracy [in a two party system] where one of the two parties is not fully committed to democratic norms.” Ziblatt described the current situation as an escalation of constitutional hardball, where political actors “sniff out weakness in constitutional structure,” violating long-standing norms if not technically the law. He pointed to the Trump-led effort in 2020 to have Republican-controlled state legislatures pick their own electors to throw victory to the president, regardless of how their states voted.

The possibility of a step like this was always embedded within the constitutional structure, but no one, until now, had been willing to explicitly overturn the results of a presidential election that already had a clear and decisive winner.

“I worry that this whole post-election process has been the dress rehearsal,” said Harvard political scientist Steven Levitsky

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
This is back in the news
Senator Cheney speaking out about Jan. 6th
One of the security-related policeman that tried to defend the Capitol that day. Speaking out.

The " R " party must change, become humanitarian enough to really care about more than money, power and position. Their party have always violated all norms

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RAPTOR Black People : Shutdown of U.S. Gov't & “Debt Default”: A Dress Rehearsal to Privatize Federal State System? Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : Walk around with breasts in a gown-like dress made of cotton fabric and boys got a rotten habit they like see thru and have rabbit luck bam! Bam! tha Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Her dress is up her breasts been sucked a boy could have the best of luck oh shucks but she ran away she didn't plan this today girl your body is galo Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : She sweet and blackwith a tremendous street actboys carry her bookseven the dairy is shookover the milk in her breastsshe's wearing a silk dress Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : She sweet and black with a tremendous street act boys carry her books even the dairy is shook over the milk in her breasts she's wearing a silk dress Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : Black girls in US pushed out of school over racist and sexist school dress codes, report finds Black Education / Schools 1
R Black Poetry : Her quotes are fiery like notes in diary they get read and spread on wet bread her dress is down and Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : Got wet flows and a set of clothes made from same fabric have a lame habit when he dress to impress Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : Got wet flows and a set of clothes made from same fabric have a lame habit when he dress to impress Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Teen’s Prom Dress Honoring Black Lives Lost To Police Brutality Goes Viral Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Teen's Stunning African-Print Dress Goes Viral After Teacher Told Her It Would Be Inappropriate Black People Doing Positive Things 11
John Williams Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Today's dress styles (sexuality so on display) Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 160
skuderjaymes Black People : Bride uses Jesus to deflect criticism after attaching newborn baby to train of her wedding dress. Black People Open Forum 84
I Black People : Today's Western dress styles for females Black People Open Forum 6
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Black Men : Mos Def in a dress Black Men 14
jamesfrmphilly Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : School changes dress-code policy…... Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 0
MsInterpret Black People : Mother allows son to dress up like a girl Black People Open Forum 43
river Black Women : Sistas, would You Stop Weating This Dress? Black Women 22
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : THE VELVET DRESS Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
R Black Poetry : Bold romances that pulls a girl’s dress up oh my breasts Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Destee Black People : Club owners say dress codes weed out problems; others allege racism Black People Open Forum 0
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Blue diamond Dress / Blue shoes Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Therious Black Sports : nba dRESS cODE Black Sports 26
D Black Jokes Humor : Senior Dress Code Violations Black Jokes Humor 3
D Black Jokes Humor : Love Dress Black Jokes Humor 6
G Black Poetry : Blood On My Dress Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : why does Serena dress like that? Black Sports 97
L Quiet Poetry Lounge : White summer dress Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
M Black Poetry : She wore a red dress and nothing else!(EROTIC VALENTINE ) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
S Black Poetry : (un)dress rehearsals... act 1, scene 1 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
D Black Poetry : Street So'ja in a Dress??? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
H Black Poetry : The Pocket Dress (V-Day Submission) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
G Black Poetry : Devil in a Red Dress Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
P Black Poetry : The Rehearsal Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
blazejay Black People : Something To Ponder part 1 Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Just A Little Something To Think About Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Just A Little Something To Think About!!! Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Just A Little Something To Think About!!! Black People Open Forum 0
nilevalley Black People : The Black face in Galactic Cloud NGC 602 something to ponder during the holiday season Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : The Ozone Hole Over Antarctica Did Just Something It Hasn't In Decades Yahoo View Science and Technology 1
candeesweet Black Poetry : Interactive Stories. Trying something new Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Something Stirring In The Wind Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Senegal Black People Politics : Ben Carson Actually Said Something..... Black People Politics 12
M Black People : Question on something that has been bothering me for a while? Black People Open Forum 4
103 ao kiji Black Spirituality Religion : people lying about astral experiences make a mockery out of something sacred here's one i had at 7 Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 25
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : 'Something is wrong' with presidential election, says civil rights leader Diane Nash Black People Politics 3737
1poetsought Black Poetry : Something Dear Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
OldSoul OldSoul : The Crown - Something to teach the children OldSoul 0
Senegal Black Entertainment : Why Is This Something To Be Proud Of - Jennifer Jackson, First Black Playmate ? Black Entertainment 12
Liberty Black People Politics : Senator Bernie Sanders and African Americans Have Something in Common – JOBS! Black People Politics 1