destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Family,

After reading Sister LadyBastet and Brother BlackBird's discusson on dreams in another thread, i was prompted to start this one. Thanks Yall.

When i was a young child, i used to have very scarey dreams. So much so, that prior to going to bed, i would pray that God would not let me have (bad) dreams. My prayer was granted and the (bad) dreams stopped. Now that i'm an adult, i rarely remember what, if anything, i dreamed. I sleep very soundly (too soundly some say).

Since my Mother transitioned from this life, i have been blessed with very vivid dreams of her (us together). Of course, like any child losing their Mother, my heart was / is broke because i miss her so. But God has blessed me to spend time with her in my dreams. Oh!!! So Wonderful!!! But these times with her are very rare and it seems no matter how i yearn for them to happen, they come in their own time (not nearly often enough for me!). I have also dreamed of my Grandmother, who has gone on as well. All so very beautiful experiences!

Did i somehow "turn off" my ability to dream as young child, since it was not usually a pleasant experience?

Is sleeping too soundly, a bad thing, is it hindering my dreams? I've heard folk share how they have trouble falling asleep and wake up at every little sound. I'm the complete opposite. If it is a bad thing to sleep so soundly, how do i learn to "sleep lighter?"

If i can't remember if or what i dreamed ... is this a sign that i did not dream at all?

Is there a way to encourage the dream of your choice? :)

What religion / spirituality embraces dreams (all of them)?

Please share how you view "dreaming."

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Alafia Destee,

Dreams? Hmm... I have alot of them. I think dreams come from various sources - subconscious, past-life, ancestors, spirits, etc. In traditional Afrikan belief, many groups believed when you dream of ancestors or spirits those entities visited you and had some message to convey. This seems to be true when I dream of those types.

Dreams are our connection to the spirit world and I think everyone has dreams, no matter how deep sleep may be. I'm not a scholar on REM and non-REM sleep, so take it with a grain of salt. Alot of times, dreams with messages come when I've experienced episodes of pre-astral travel. Ya know - the buzzing in the ears, tingling sensations, paralysis and feelings of sinking, and sensing a presence near by.

One thing you might want to do when sleep is beforehand place a glass of water underneath your bed and a lapis lazuli stone under your pillow. Dress in white, if possible and practice alternative breathing. Make sure the room temperature is comfortable - neither hot or cold.

Learn from your dreams - your mother and grandmother could be teaching you something when they come and visit you. My dreams have taught me alot of things and have given insight into the future, as well. In my family, being the typical southern down-home Louisiana folk they are, we used to discuss our dreams every morning after sunup (of course). When we dreamt of someone passed over, it was a sign of rain. This was usually true.

Sweet Dreams and Blessings,
Blackbird

Blackbird said:
Alot of times, dreams with messages come when I've experienced episodes of pre-astral travel. Ya know - the buzzing in the ears, tingling sensations, paralysis and feelings of sinking, and sensing a presence near by.

Greetings Blackbird,

see... I thought I knew what an astral travel was, a friend of mind explained to me and told me if I wantd to have one I should ask for it before going to sleep. I have never had one. Anyways, your description of a pre-astral travel fits exactly with what I experience quite often (they say its due to low tension, and it usually occurs when I have a "low tension" day and I smoke). Once I fainted after those feelins (buzzing, feeling of sinking, etc..) and I dreamed I was being carried to the hospital by car and asking questions...but I dont remember too much. Second time I fainted I was in my living room, and I could see myself on the ground leaned against the wall, but I instantaneously woke up and felt scared as hell, screamed and run into my mama's bedroom like out of my mind. I had a terrible night and I couldnt sleep for hours.

Are those two experiences the same thing? I usually try to prevent them cause I believe they are dangerous, but now I dont know. What should I do?

Thank u for your time, and, by the way, I read your dreams and they were really enlightening!

Love and Blessings

MarVena said:
Greetings Blackbird,

see... I thought I knew what an astral travel was, a friend of mind explained to me and told me if I wantd to have one I should ask for it before going to sleep. I have never had one. Anyways, your description of a pre-astral travel fits exactly with what I experience quite often (they say its due to low tension, and it usually occurs when I have a "low tension" day and I smoke). Once I fainted after those feelins (buzzing, feeling of sinking, etc..) and I dreamed I was being carried to the hospital by car and asking questions...but I dont remember too much. Second time I fainted I was in my living room, and I could see myself on the ground leaned against the wall, but I instantaneously woke up and felt scared as hell, screamed and run into my mama's bedroom like out of my mind. I had a terrible night and I couldnt sleep for hours.

Are those two experiences the same thing? I usually try to prevent them cause I believe they are dangerous, but now I dont know. What should I do?

Thank u for your time, and, by the way, I read your dreams and they were really enlightening!

Love and Blessings

Greetings Marvena,

Man, you have some interesting experiences. When you have these episodes, are you wide awake or in the pre-sleep stage? My experiences always happen when I'm winding down for the night in bed, especially between the hours of 9-11 o'clock. The first sensation I notice is an ever-growing violet light with a white center. Next, comes the sounds of humming. I'm usually dreaming once the full onset is upon me. I never asked to have them, they just come. I know sometimes I'm afraid I'm going to die, if I let go. It's like my mind is fighting this force that trying to make me lose attachment. I used to read David Icke and when this first happened, I thought oh-no reptilians or some form of aliens. Next, it was evil spirits, until I finally read this book titled "Soul Traveler." In this book, the author described his own experiences and they were exactly the same as mine. Oh yeah, I also thought I was have seizures or what is it called - I think narcolepsy. I'd advise you to read this book, if you ever get the chance. It is quite insightful and informative. It also can provide you with tips and tools to be more in control of your episodes.

Until then, don't fight it. You might want to place a calcite crystal and a white bag filled with frankincense resin underneath your pillow. Touch the frankincense to your forehead before placing it under your pillow. Also, before bed, you could drink some chamomile tea.

Wishing you the best and blessings,
Blackbird

They dessy sweet woman..

This is an interessting and and Spirritual topic... ( i just Posted a help question and some of it also has to do with dreams :wink: )

This is just beautifull that you have dreams about youre Mom and granmother..

You eventually wil feel or they will reveal of why you getting them
but when they are plessent i just want you to give the advise just to let the why beside
cause than it was just a beautifull dream....
and yes even when it is a sad dream it also can reveal how much you loved her and how much you misses her...

When you cant remember a dream that doesnt mean that you didnt......
I would advise you not to try much to remembering it even when it was inportent...
It will apear on any other moment when god wants you to remember it...

To be honest i had a long time that i didnt had dreams to and that was remarkleble..
I try always to pray before i go to sleep ..that god protects me for eveil forces and energie...
Sumthimes when you still have a bad dream even after the prayer.......
that is maybe a warning for a message......that he gives to you trough a dream...
sumthimes a bad experiance or deep sad emotion bof youreself or sumthimes even of some one elses his or her hurt can Pressents hisself in a dream,....
What i did have experianced is that when i didnt pray ....

the dream were most of the time ...not nice....but that is because Energie Crap (i mean the devil with that) loves to enter in dreams...
Thats why baby,s and cchildren are verry sensetive for that....cause they are young and have free spirrits they are vulnarable....
Thats why its inportant that children but also adults pray before they go to sleep....
and ofcourse also in the morning....

A little tip....
what i usally do when i go to sleep......
is that it take beautifull things .....in mind or beautifull things i experiance on that day......
or for example i start to create a beautifull dream....i use to do that a lot before and it alays helped me to fall asleep nice .....
For example i take this guy i like and i mean when he is single i do that.........
cause i dont want to disturp family,s....
i remember i said to a friend i dream about this guy ...i mean i start a dream and than i fall asleep...even when he is married or not i dont know
what i mean with that is .....
i like this guys but i dont know if he is married or not...for example you saw him once in the bus or metro....

but when he is married dont start a dream cause that not good..
you woulnd like that if some other woman is dreaming about youre man...
disturbing him in his sleep....
but when he apears in youre dream and he is married you can not help it...
but than its good to ask god to dont let the dreams come back cause ofcorse its painfull for you at the end .........when you wake up.....
and dont go running after a dream cause my advise is......to only explore express youre feelings and dreams when a person is free and i mean ...not quick after a divorce i mean only when someone ,s heart is free ( by the way i will go further with that what i mean onother time i think that is a disscusion point on itself cause everyone is thinking different about that )

Sumthimes i just start a dream blanco.....with no one ....just myself walking in a field of flowers..that helps to.....and than God will finish the beautifull dream....

thats why you hear some woman tell they have or had a wild dream of a unknown man or about the man from the bookstore or from the park or denzel....
lauweren fishburn or......mel gibsen LOOOOL or....... or......
dont let me say his name looooooooool

And when i,m with the one i love and he loves me....i only dream about him even
if he is laying next to me Or he is far....cause when you dream about someone else you know that Crappy energie has brought a visit....

sweet dess i have to go now but ill come back to respond more but my time is up for now :geek:

Love Much Love Sweet...

and uuuu sweet dreams :fairy: :wink: