Black Spirituality Religion : Dreams of Ancestors and Cobras

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by phynxofkemet, Jun 28, 2008.

1. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    I was searching for some insight on a dream I had. In the dream I was in at least three places. The last place I recall being was in Africa somewhere, in front of a hard wood stage made of a dark green polished wood. On the stage and around it were many people. A sister wearing a beaded head dress was explaining a healing that they were about to perform and why the healing (almost an exorcism of sorts) was required.

Just before I went there though, I was also at a house party where my parents and their friends were having a few drinks. I sat alone in a corner again on a hard wood floor reading a book. The book was drawing a path from the Yoruba Orisha to another level of African spirituality that was quite new to me. Although there was noise and partying around me I was undisturbed.

Another part of the dream was when I thought I was holding a piece of paper in my hand but then when I dropped it to the floor, it turned into a small pale pink/white/silver cobra. It was a very very small snake. It turned to stare at me with it's hood open and although I wasn't scared I was concerned that it might go after my cat. So I went to collect a large glass to put him under and move him to another location, but it saw me and jumped away like a frog.

I woke up because my phone kept ringing. I didn't want to leave the dream but I knew who was calling and that I ought to answer it.

Any ideas on the symbol of the cobra, it's size, and behavior?

2. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

IN AFRICAN SYMBOLISM, IT HAS A DUAL MEANING. IN THE EXOTERIC SENSE. IT REPRESENT THE RISING OF ENERGY(KUNDALINI, PRANA, CHI) TO THE THIRD EYE.IN THE ESOTERIC SENSE IT REPRESENT THE WOMAN VAGINA AS IF YOU UNFLAP THE LIPS IT LOOK LIKE THE CORBA. IT IS SAID THE WOMAN VAGINA AND HER FLUIDS JUST LIKE VEMON CAN GIVE YOU LIFE BUT I DIGRESS.

3. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    REALLY????

I wasn't aware of the second interpretation.... most eye opening!
    I had gone to bed with thoughts of healing my connection to the goddess and my sexual beliefs so that's most relevant! Thank you Brother Darkside