Brother AACOOLDRE : Dre Debates Princeton Professor

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Nov 19, 2009.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    To: Cornel West
    Date: November 2009
    Subject: Bruno and Easter from The Cornel West Reader (CWR)

Dear Mr. West:

I wanted to ask you two quick questions from your book. On page 76 of CWR you said that Giordano Bruno was burnt at the stake for saying that Jews and Ethiopians came from a separate origin. The Catholics had a low opinion of us being fueled by the monetary interest of slave profits. I don’t see Catholics executing Bruno in defense of Black and Jews humanity as for coming from the same family tree. Lets expand the debate from Martin Bernal Black Athena Volume 1p.24 “Bruno advocated a return to the original or natural religion, that of Egypt, for which he was burnt at the stake by the Inquisition in 1600”. Could both of you be right if so which reason fuel the angry Catholic to burn this man?

My second question. I will quote you first. “The Christian resurrection claim assumes that the sting of death was once deadly, that its power was once definitive, whereas the Greek immortality claim presupposes that the soul is intrinsically eternal, hence death is a release, a liberation for the soul out of the prison of the body. On the Christian view, the sting of death is conquered and overcome by the and resurrection of Jesus Christ. ( CWR p.420). Now Jesus Truth set souls free from the body of craving sin of the flesh, etal? Now if Jesus body went up to heaven and he came back to talk to Paul only saw a ray of light in his epileptic dream (Acts 9:3) and Paul says he didn’t confer with flesh and blood with Jesus (Gal 1:16). Why did Jesus have a body when speaking to Paul? Even after he died his shadow could go through doors without being open making him separated from his body and spirit. And Paul prefers to be away from the body and with god (2 Cor 5:8). Paul talks about the material body and spiritual body as different with the spiritual body going to heaven (1Cor 15:35-54).Paul didn’t think his body would go to heaven and wanted it burned (1 Cor 13:3).We take on white light/robes as angels not being able to marry absent the flesh (Luke 20:36; John 20:12;Rev 7:13).

Now Mr. West Paul said that flesh and blood doesn’t enter heaven and that we “Raised a spiritual body” (1Cor 15:44). I don’t think that Paul was aware that Jesus came back from the dead in his physical body. If he did he wouldn’t of said all of what he said. Paul writings ended in the 60’s Ad and probably being killed by Nero, Mr. 666. The four gospels didn’t come into existence until after 70AD just when the Romans started hating the Jews for their uprisings and burning down their temples. Some of these Gospels claim that Jesus physical body came back from life having people touch him and telling them I’m no ghost I have flesh and blood. However, this same body went through closed doors. Jesus came back to life in spiritual form just like he appeared to Paul as a circle of Light. His family made a stone coffin (Ossuary) for him which contradicts his body traveling with his soul to outerspace in heaven. The Jesus Family Tomb By Simcha Jacobovici talks about this archaeological find.
    P.S

Egyptian texts state clearly that the “Soul is in heaven, the body in the earth” (Pepi 1 Tomb), they never expected the physical body to rise. Therefore Osiris and Jesus rise was symbolic.

Herodotus stated the Egyptians: “were the first to maintain that the soul of man is immortal” Book 2. Paul learned this from the Egyptians not greeks.

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    You touch on some serious analysis

And I hope others will take the time to read this debate and the amount of pertinent information you provide:terrific::lift::teach::time:

3. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    West secretary sent me an email informing me she forwaded the letter. When and if he replies I will post it here.

4. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Peace Fam.

I like this, eagerly awaiting Dr. Cornels reply.

Ha, epileptic dream. LOL.

One,

- Chimaobi