Black Women : DRAMA between sistas

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Azzura76, May 9, 2003.

1. Azzura76

Azzura76 Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    :maddd: I'm mad because sistas think it's better to hate one another than to support each other. Sometimes we all fight the same battles. such as: the baby daddy drama, the wight lose issues and other things. We allow ourselves to become stressed out over the little things, and instead of saving a good friendship we rather destroy it or let it go. I have 1 best friend that is female, a good friend who is female and 3 best male friends who I've been friends with for about 10yrs. Sistas need to support one another :heart:

2. ZeroGravity

ZeroGravity Well-Known Member MEMBER

System Administrator
    Ratings:
    +11
    Respectfully...you can't began to support one another while criticizing at the same time...I believe it starts there.

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    ZG...you don't think that "constructive" criticism can also be viewed as supportive?

4. ZeroGravity

ZeroGravity Well-Known Member MEMBER

System Administrator
    Ratings:
    +11
    I don't believe ...

you can't do both at the same time Queen. To me, "constructive" criticism is more on a personal nature. When you make a broad statement like "sistas think it's better to hate one another than to support each other" how can that be construed as "constructive"?...who is the recipient?

I've read other posts by Azzura and she is about solutions, I commend her on her efforts. It just sounded to me like an indictment and not something of a support nature. Notice I said "respectfully"in my reply because I could be wrong in my interpretation of her comment and intentions.

That's all I was trying to convey :)

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
  6. Regina

Regina Well-Known Member MEMBER

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +2
    Constructive criticism doesn't have to be of a personal nature, the person just sees it that way. Some women think any kind of advice that is not seen as "poor baby" type is harsh.

7. NDeep

NDeep Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +0
    (Young sista here)

So tell me....Where does the healing from the hurt that my sista has caused me by taking my man, by borrowing money and never paying it back, by not thanking me for babysitting her bad a** kids; where does it begin?

Once the pain is gone...How can we fix the problem?

8. Regina

Regina Well-Known Member MEMBER

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +2
    NDeep...many sisters don't trust each other and competing for what they see as a small pool of eligible men. I refuse to compete...life is not a pageant.

We can fix the problem by looking at ourselves and truly seeing what needs to be addressed in our lives. We then reach out to other sisters and assist them.

9. NDeep

NDeep Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +0
    So refusing to compete; giving each other a bite to eat....K

That might just work. Now we need to alert the masses...Then again "I can't save the world, but I can try to save my little corner"

Let's all work together on this thing.
    Thanx for the advice Big Sista

10. nini08

nini08 Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    to respond to Azzura's mssg....I believe that things aren't always what they seem and that is how situations come about. I DO believe that we need to support each other more but at the same time it does help to be cautious. There r some ppl that just don't know how to be a friend....or even an associate for that matter. I think we need to be more supportive of our race as a whole.