Black Education / Schools : Dr. Umar Johnson Exposed Himself As A Hotep Hustler

Hmmm....

I don't understand why you would have a problem with posting the thread. I would think it would be important to consider it, because there are actually many threads referencing Dr. Umar's endeavor, and members who are donating money might want to weigh the information, and decide for themselves what is most believable.

I am recognizing that there is huge disparity of male vs female posters here. And, a very strong male sensitivity on most topics. I am treading as lightly as I can.....

*smile*

I didn't choose not to post the stories because of the male / female ratio or Brothers' sensitivity or lack thereof ... hehehe ... :)

I didn't post it because i don't really know the man, it's a lot of he said she said stuff, it can't be easily verified, it could be a ptb kinda thing, i have had folk say ugly things about me on the Internet that were not true, i aint really got a dog in the fight, and i hold myself to a higher standard when it comes to what i post. In fact, there was a story about Farrakhan that i posted, and then deleted, because it didn't line up with all these things. I try to choose wisely, pick carefully, etc. While I deleted the thread I had posted about Farrakhan, it was after I had already been embroiled in that "death is sweeter" thread / talk he was doing, which incensed me and i could not be quiet about it. But other stuff like his personal choices, or someone else's opinion of him, i don't have to do that - so i deleted it. No lives were at stake, like with the "death is sweeter" foolishness. That "death is sweeter" thread is the first time i've ever started a thread here about Farrakhan or shared any opinion about him or what he says or does - that was the first time i'd almost bet.

Even though i'm slow to start some threads, other Members are absolutely welcome to do so. Everyone does not have to shoulder the same responsibility i put on myself. Sometimes i'm happy to see that a Member has posted what i might not. In fact, it's a two-edged sword, in that, i really don't want some stuff here - like ugly talk about Obama - but i must allow it if it is presented respectfully. So it's all good in the hood anyway. We're an open discussion forum and all respectful dialogue is welcome. Many times a Member posting the thread might give me an opportunity to speak on what i would not start a thread on, with me somehow determining inside my mind that posting to it is not the same as starting the thread that brings the discussion to the community. These things plus me being interested in the topic and I have time to post goes into the decision. Many times I wanna speak to threads and simply do not have time.

Anyone can start a thread on Umar Johnson or anyone else they want, except Members of the community.

You cannot start a thread about a Member, that's a rule violation, but everyone else is fair game.

I say that, but I have seen folk talk ugly about their own GrandMother ... I couldn't take it and banned them.

It's some stuff I cannot take, things way outside of decorum - but - for the most part, it's all good.

You aint gotta tread lightly Sister! Brothers deal with the respectful discussions like everyone else.

I said previously that Umar Johnson has to live up to what he says and be beholden to those who help him.

The same is true for me - even though aint nobodee gave me $250K - it's called integrity and character.

This community is about us respecting each other as a people, coming together, uplifting, building, etc.

What would it look like if I was talking ugly about black people for no good reason, just spread'n gossip?

Can't prove none of the negative stories I'm sharing about Sisters and Brothers, but post'n 'em willy nilly?

Then there would be videos of me, showing the contradictions between my words and actions.

It's no different for me than it is for Umar Johnson, or any of us really, we all gotta live up to our best self.

I must stay away from doing what might remotely be contrary to the community's mission.

But that's why I be tell'n you ... Gurl! You Be Bring'n da Bizness ... :lol:

Get 'em Sister! ... :) ... naww but for real ... you're respectful with it and i appreciate that.

These are topics in the open and absolutely welcome to be discussed at destee.com also, respectfully.

You bring good topics ... not necessarily what i can say or do ... but ... i love it ... :)

You present it all respectfully, sharing all sides if you can, and it's beautiful. It's how it should be done.

These Brothers can handle respectful discussion ... we've been doing this together a long time.

Let me caution since i mentioned rules above ... no gender war stuff is allowed ... but enjoy yourself!

You aint gotta tiptoe around nuth'n ... as long as you're not breaking a rule ... you're good.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

I didn't choose not to post the stories because of the male / female ratio or Brothers' sensitivity or lack thereof ... hehehe ... :)

I didn't post it because i don't really know the man, it's a lot of he said she said stuff, it can't be easily verified, it could be a ptb kinda thing, i have had folk say ugly things about me on the Internet that were not true, i aint really got a dog in the fight, and i hold myself to a higher standard when it comes to what i post. In fact, there was a story about Farrakhan that i posted, and then deleted, because it didn't line up with all these things. I try to choose wisely, pick carefully, etc. While I deleted the thread I had posted about Farrakhan, it was after I had already been embroiled in that "death is sweeter" thread / talk he was doing, which incensed me and i could not be quiet about it. But other stuff like his personal choices, or someone else's opinion of him, i don't have to do that - so i deleted it. No lives were at stake, like with the "death is sweeter" foolishness. That "death is sweeter" thread is the first time i've ever started a thread here about Farrakhan or shared any opinion about him or what he says or does - that was the first time i'd almost bet.

Even though i'm slow to start some threads, other Members are absolutely welcome to do so. Everyone does not have to shoulder the same responsibility i put on myself. Sometimes i'm happy to see that a Member has posted what i might not. In fact, it's a two-edged sword, in that, i really don't want some stuff here - like ugly talk about Obama - but i must allow it if it is presented respectfully. So it's all good in the hood anyway. We're an open discussion forum and all respectful dialogue is welcome. Many times a Member posting the thread might give me an opportunity to speak on what i would not start a thread on, with me somehow determining inside my mind that posting to it is not the same as starting the thread that brings the discussion to the community. These things plus me being interested in the topic and I have time to post goes into the decision. Many times I wanna speak to threads and simply do not have time.

Anyone can start a thread on Umar Johnson or anyone else they want, except Members of the community.

You cannot start a thread about a Member, that's a rule violation, but everyone else is fair game.

I say that, but I have seen folk talk ugly about their own GrandMother ... I couldn't take it and banned them.

It's some stuff I cannot take, things way outside of decorum - but - for the most part, it's all good.

You aint gotta tread lightly Sister! Brothers deal with the respectful discussions like everyone else.

I said previously that Umar Johnson has to live up to what he says and be beholden to those who help him.

The same is true for me - even though aint nobodee gave me $250K - it's called integrity and character.

This community is about us respecting each other as a people, coming together, uplifting, building, etc.

What would it look like if I was talking ugly about black people for no good reason, just spread'n gossip?

Can't prove none of the negative stories I'm sharing about Sisters and Brothers, but post'n 'em willy nilly?

Then there would be videos of me, showing the contradictions between my words and actions.

It's no different for me than it is for Umar Johnson, or any of us really, we all gotta live up to our best self.

I must stay away from doing what might remotely be contrary to the community's mission.

But that's why I be tell'n you ... Gurl! You Be Bring'n da Bizness ... :lol:

Get 'em Sister! ... :) ... naww but for real ... you're respectful with it and i appreciate that.

These are topics in the open and absolutely welcome to be discussed at destee.com also, respectfully.

You bring good topics ... not necessarily what i can say or do ... but ... i love it ... :)

You present it all respectfully, sharing all sides if you can, and it's beautiful. It's how it should be done.

These Brothers can handle respectful discussion ... we've been doing this together a long time.

Let me caution since i mentioned rules above ... no gender war stuff is allowed ... but enjoy yourself!

You aint gotta tiptoe around nuth'n ... as long as you're not breaking a rule ... you're good.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Note to self: Be prepared. Call U-Haul, Reserved truck, purchase boxes, tape and moving supplies.

No, I have no evidence that it's not true. And the YouTube that I thought was in his defense was not. Only, on the YouTube posted here regarding the strippér, the guy presenting it pointed out that it could be fabricated and how the dialogue sounded weird.

The many YouTubes on the subject by Dr. Boyce Watkins et. Al., are saying the same things.

It would be easy for you and I to text each other, back and forth, and then claim these texts originated between a stripper and Dr. Umar. Of course, it could be legally dispelled, eventually. But, for the sake of a YouTube it could be done.

Before I posted this thread I searched to see if the information had already been posted. Dr. Umar has been referenced in this forum before at least in the thread in the link below.

Scroll back two posts...

https://destee.com/threads/taking-education-into-our-own-hands.80627/page-2#post-886526

This is old news. That video was posted in July. I think that if you going to make an issue of his comments regarding "trifling blacks" lets deal with that separate from his personal issue with the "conscious stripper". I think that issue has been dealt with here before.

I stopped following him because of this. Yet, his flock has continued to grow. However, from what i remember, he was changing plans and setting up his institute in upstate New York. I think he wants to establish a residential facility for girls as well.

Its past time we develop alternative leadership styles rather than buying into these narcissistic personalities. Peace!