Black Education / Schools : Dr. Umar Johnson Exposed Himself As A Hotep Hustler

I address your posts respectfully. I wish you would respond to mine the same. Yet, I have posted much that has been ignored on the subject of alternative education models for AA children. I have posted at least 4 models.

Ok. where I live... I live in the USA.

I agree with Wikipedia's definition of Afrocentric Education, to be comprehensive, I will quote them:

Afrocentriceducation is education designed to empower peoples of the African diaspora. A central premise behind it is that many Africans have been subjugated by limiting their awareness of themselves and indoctrinating them with ideas that work against them.[1] To control a people's culture is to control their tools of self-determination in relationship to others.[2] Like educational leaders of other cultures, proponents assert that what educates one group of people does not necessarily educate and empower another group—so they assert educational priorities distinctly for the Africans in a given context.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afrocentric_education
Who pays for it? Do you have a problem with government grants to the HBCU's?

Yes, I follow Dr. Boyce Watkins and I agree, he is credible to me too. So, we can agree on some things. Dr. Watkins is done with Dr. Umar. Here is his video expressing his reason.

I have posted many things about Dr. Umar that I appreciate and agree with. And, I have repeatedly defended Umar in regards to the stripper from my first post on the thread, I take issue with the fact that you attack me, yet you apparently are not reading my posts. I am not going to continually post and repost the same stuff over and over. It was Destee that took issue with the stripper. Why haven't you attacked her?

Dr Boyce seems upset that those phone calls were not returned, lol.

Therious ... you want to accuse Liberty of calling names - which I have not seen her do - but here you are doing it.

If I see you breaking this rule again there will be more of a consequence than me asking you to stop.

Please stop the name calling.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

No not name calling,but labeling behavior sorry if it is too hot for you all. Shall I turn on the AC ???lol

(follow-up to the open letter)

cropped-my-two-cents.png

We Have a Right and Responsibility to Critique Dr. Umar Johnson

malcolm-critics.jpg

Not long ago, I wrote an
article in support of Umar Johnson’s mission to create an academy for boys, followed by a June 19th open letter asking him to respond to legitimate community questions.

I knew that Dr. Umar’s response would be revealing. If he chose not to respond, it would display his disregard for the Black community he presumes to lead; If he responded by respectfully answering the questions posed, he would reveal himself as a sincere man of the people with a humble spirit and nothing to hide.

Umar, I thought, could also take a third approach and respond with bitterness, accusation, and bravado, without adequately addressing the questions raised to him. Umar chose the third approach. Johnson posted the following indirectly direct response on his Facebook page:

“I’ve been made aware of all the hate that has been directed towards me via social media during the past 48 hours, but please keep in mind that it is nothing compared to all the love that I receive. The hate filled articles, youtube cameos, so-called open letters, interviews, & upcoming events that seek to approximate, directly or indirectly, either the drama, my political platform, or both, have done nothing to derail me from my goals. When **** gets spilled the maggots cannot help but to play in it, so let’s let them have their 5 minutes of fame. My attorney has been apprised of the situation and paperwork for the major players in the “Umar Must Go” campaign will be served accordingly. On the other hand, I’ve been receiving nothing but positive letters of support from around the world. FDMG fundraiser donations have seen an increase, and requests to travel the world to address the plight of our people has skyrocketed as of late. In a very ironic manner, these recent attacks have served to strengthen the support for Dr.Umar & FDMG, not weaken it. As for these opportunistic haters in the conscious community, less fortunate “scholars” and con-artists, I see everything, and when the smoke clears your ***** will be as irrelevant as before. Throwing rocks at the throne is a waste of time; if you want the crown you gotta come and take it…..”
His response was accusatory, bitter, arrogant, and most importantly, did not address any of the legitimate questions posed (in my open letter). In response, I wrote the following on Facebook:

Read more
http://mytruesense.org/2015/06/28/we-have-a-right-and-responsibility-to-critique-dr-umar-johnson/

AND THOSE WHO CRITICIZE SHOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF THEY ARE CRITICIZED,FOR THEIR CRITICISM. I LOVE HOW THE 'CRITICIZERS" ALWAYS WHINE AND MOAN WHEN THEY GET CRITICIZED LOL SAD....ESPECIALLY REALITY SHOW LIKE TMZ CRITICISMS,THIS HELPS NONE. SO YOU ARE ON THIS SILLY LITTLE CRUSADE, BUT I ASK WHAT WILL SHUTTING DOWN THIS PSYCHOLOGIST WHO IS BUILDING A SCHOOL PRODUCE,EXCEPT GRATIFICATION FOR THE CRITICIZER with hurt FEELINGS?????

Why don't YOU grow up. You are the one stuck on the sexcapades. It's you that keeps posting about it, not me!

Be real. Dr. Umar's school is a pipe dream. He can't even raise the minimum 2.5 mill bid that was due by Aug 21st. No one takes him seriously. Even if he had reached his 2 million goal, because he didn't have a Business Plan, his goal changed to 4 million, and then to 5 million, for reasons unknown.

Now, let's say he does get this school up and running... the physical building, repairs needed etc., he employs a full staff
Etc. Who is going to pay the tuition for these children in this boarding school year to year? Who is going to sustain this school?

Dr. Umar, The Prince of Pan Afrikanism, is not beyond reproach. He is not some deity that cannot be questioned. This man is toxic on so many levels that I have not even touched on.

It is sad that you would send your child to live with this nut 10 months out of the year, without even knowing where this man graduated from school. Without this man being accountable to anyone, no board of directors, no one, a one man show.

I can only surmise that you too are misogynistic, since you would lend your sons spiritual guidance to a man who has fathered two children out of wedlock, been drug to child support court for failure to pay, believes singles mothers cause homosexuality and other dysfunctions, and believes in polygamy.

Lawd, bless those poor boys!

*smh*

My family has always owned businesses, too. But, you obviously don't know what a Business Plan is, or you wouldn't make the statements youThat is the point. You can't raise 5 million dollars with an idea and passion, but no Business Plan.

You have contributed nothing to this thread but circular arguments, emotion, and insults.

Pssh!

THIS POST is LADEN WITH SEEMLY PERSONAL FEELINGS OF HATE,JEALOUSY,AND A FAINT STENCH OF FEMINISM. LOL DID YOU JUST USE "EMOTION" AS A DESCRIPTION LOL, YOU ARE EXHIBITING PURE INSANE EMOTION WITH THIS OVER-SIZED POST!

You use the PHRASE pipe dream yet nothing to prove thAT STATEMENT, you seem very hysterical about this whole thing. I mean dammn no one has even accused him of stealing anything yet lol.

I didn't really read this post Because of it's unnecessary length, but it just hit me. "Polygamy", "homophobia" "misogyny" go some where with that suspect feminist talk.

You SOUND ignorant and full of hate, seemly for males that you cannot control,like most feminists. Take care, and maybe see a shrink for your condition lol lol maybe Dr Umar lol......

SINCE YOU ARE SUCH AN EXPERT ON EDUCATING CHILDREN WHY DON'T YOU START A SCHOOL INSTEAD OF CREATING HATEFUL ENERGY AND WAR.

[QUOTE="sekou kasimu, post: 936982, member: 36241" I see you just joined this community this year. I joined in 2013. Orisons and I have a history that goes back some years. Don't presume to be qualified to comment on my post to him about long posts. Your're not qualified. Blackvoices was a long time ago, why are you still sulking? ROFL

So you are an accountant qualified to count the money that the oppressor stole from us. So what? According to your post they're still stealing, and you were powerless to do anything about it so you resigned. So what else is new?

What you described were the modern day dynamics of exploitation. That's what they and those of us they've created in their own image do! Most blacks that I know who joined the system with their Eurocentric degrees, got co-opted, corrupted, and ended up working for them against us.

Which is why when we co-founded the Freddie Gray Education Committee, we decided collectively that we would only accept volunteers, willing to do the work for free! No salaries, no grants, no loans, and no stipends!!! I hope you learned the lesson that "he who pays the piper calls the tune"!

As for Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Bev Smith, Bob Slade, George Curry, and that long list of complacent, confused, opportunistic, gatekeeping, collaborating, petty bourgeoisie, I don't care what happens to any of them! They got us in the mess we're in today!!!

An Afrocentric education would teach this. Any Afrikan worth his or her salt should know, that any definition of Afrocentricity that does not include all Afrikans is unacceptable, and irrelevant.

Finally, stop trying to use Destee to deflect the heat you've generated for yourself. You seem hell bent on destroying the Brother, so finish it.

PS Yes I brought Boyce Watkins into the discussion, but you put words in my mouth when you implied I said he was incredible.

I never said that!! /QUOTE] So you can construct rational responses, you just don't want to, don't like being challenged to THINK!

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?