Black Men : Dr. Na'im Akbar --- Florida's anti-Zimmerman

thePreacher

BANNED
Dec 2, 2007
Dogville, USA
Occupation
Agent Of Change
Zimmerman and the town of Sanford have done a good job of presenting the very real red neck and red state mentality of the state of Florida. The central part, and panhandle, of Florida is a different culture than what you find in Fort Lauderdale and Miami. I personally know this from having lived for many years in Fort Lauderdale and having spent 9 months upgrading the Miami International Airport computer network to a Cisco Systems backbone.

I now live in the state capitol of Tallahassee, which is also the home of a man who is everything that George Zimmerman is not ---- Dr. Na'im Akbar. Tallahassee is also the home of FAMU, FSU, and TCC.

Dr. Akbar grew up here, graduated from FAMU High, then entered University of Michigan. After completing his doc and post doc, he went on to teach at Morehouse before coming back home to Tallahassee to join the staff of FSU [my son's alma mater].

Ironically, he ended up at FSU because at that time FAMU feared hiring a black Muslim [by then, Dr. Akbar had joined the Nation of Islam].

Predictably, despite all the accomplishments of Dr. Akbar, despite his time on the faculty of FSU, the Leon County public Library has only one copy of one of his books , "Chains and Images of Psychological Slavery" which fits the red state mentality that black history began with slavery:

Red state mentality?

Rather unfair to make this accusation against Dr Akbar. And yes, I have the first printing of the 1996 revision which stated in the Introduction,

"The book was intended to offer insight into what had been collectively denied by the entire society as having any relevance to the psychological functioning of African-American people."

Does that statement sound like a "red state mentality"?

The man is talking about a process of internal healing. He further states,

"We definitely wanted to give credibility to the reality of mental slavery."

Mental slavery. He is talking about "slavery-based behaviors.

The way I see it, this is more important than ever because if you ask our youth "what do you know about African history" and have them answer this question in writing the vast majority will write about....Slavery, which is in many instances the ONLY thing they know about African history.

Down the Rabbit Hole
Omowale, I am going to ask you to follow me down a rabbit hole which is going to at first appear to be completely unrelated to the opening topic of this thread. If you suffer me long enough to reach the other side, we are going to emerge from that rabbit hole into the bright light of Ra.

Ready? Okay. here goes.

The Illusory power of Maya
In Shankara's Adhyasa Bhashya, he used the metaphor of a rope appearing to be a snake to describe the illusory power of Maya. The Truth is that there is no snake. But the illusory power of Maya 'cloaks' reality [the rope] by "redirecting" your attention to that which only appears to be real [the misconception of the rope as a snake].

What is Metadata?

Obama made this speech to try and defuse growing public concern over Edward Snowden's revelation that the NSA is, contrary to what Obama said, spying on everything that everybody does. Obama attempted to 'cloak' this reality by 'redirecting' attention to metadata -- -which he knows most people know absolutely nothing about.

I happen to be familiar with some aspects of search engine technology, although nowhere near as much so as Edward Snowden. But I can offer a simplified example of metadata.

You know how you go to the public library, and you use the card catalog [which is now in electronic form] to find a book you want to read? The information on those cards in the card catalog is metadata. Metadata is data about data. Metadata is not a security feature. It is a time saving tool which facilitates zeroing in on specific needles in a large haystack.

More importantly, once you have access to the card catalog, getting from there to the data you want to access is a trivial last step.

Grok?

The real reason Obama made his "Trayvon Martin could have been me" speech
Obama's "Trayvon Martin could have been me" speech seemed off the cuff and was totally unexpected by everybody. It certainly threw me for a loop until a day or two later when Eric Holder and Michael Steele made similar public comments. That is when I began smelling a dead rat.

Yesterday, I found the body of that dead rat:

Obama took advantage of the nation's preoccupation with Zimmerman's acquittal to 'redirect' attention away from the reality --- the reality that the FISA court which Obama held up as a protector of our right to privacy had just quietly rubber stamped the NSA's intention to continue spying on everything that everybody say and does.

A classic rope and snake example of Maya's illusory power.

Okay .. emerging from the rabbit hole
I entitled this thread in a way which should have left no doubt that I was presenting Dr. Akbar as a wise brother, not one with a red neck mentality [which is why the title calls him the anti-Zimmerman]. But the current uproar over everything I post, regardless of content, "redirected" your attention from what I actually said.

A classic example of the snake and rope power of Maya.

Recently, I have been talking too much about what YT does not want black folks talking about on Destee.com. Ole Massa ain't really worried about the usual YTs ain't got no melanin and we need to hate YT more threads. He knows nothing will ever come from that foolishness.

But I have broken ranks and have been talking about things which YT cannot allow black folks to discuss rationally in a public forum:
  • How much of a threat Obama is to people of color worldwide.
  • What all those hollow point rounds the DHS is stockpiling are really going to be used for.
  • What a really dumb idea it is for black Americans to continue volunteering to serve in the US military.
  • How heroic Snowden, Manning, and Assange are.
  • Black America's divinely ordained role to be the Trojan Horse which brings down that great city of Babylon.
So I had to go.

And I am going to be banned. Our handlers cannot allow me to keep talking like I have been talking. The recent interest in a Community Justice Court was just one example of this.

Efforts to push my buttons and get me mad enough to say something that staff could use to ban me didn't work because as soon as one of their puppets start cussing and making threats I put them on my ignore list. Most of the time, I do not even know what they are saying.

But the noise from those puppets has convinced staff that I need to go to restore the peace that is supposed to be maintained on Destee.com. Truth be told, I already have my bags packed and have one foot out the door.

Good luck in the coming days, brother.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back