Black People : Dr Martin Luther King's Relvance to the Global Black Community 2012

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    When that major blackout hit NYC a few years back in August I witnessed something amazing, in Crown Heights Brooklyn and across Atlantic Avenue in Bed Stuy.

In one of the most economicaly disenfranchised Black neighborhoods in the nation, I witnessed, enemies drop thier egos, crimies, gang members, working stiffs, street folks, every day people, and each and every person of African descent in that area,

all let go of their differences and chip in so that the elderly and children were safe and able to get round when the street lights went out.

Sad to say I was shocked to see this because I had see many nightmares horros and needless disasters in these neghborhoods since the 90s,

but would not have been shokced to see this kind of straight from our African heart,
    Umoja in action, in the 60s while Dr King was alive.

Dr King has a great relevance to the Black community, in 2012 moreso then any time in our history after his assasination by the state.

1 Nationally the things he had worked hard to put in place right here during the civil rights struggle;
    A voting rights, to be able to vote via the presentation of ones signature
    B integration in schools, not integration to sit next to white folks but for Black students to not get the crumbs from the table in education

2 He would be concerned today about the massive increase in Black poverty, and the lack of what he was assasinated for Black economic focus and unity, after his meeting with Malcolm, and mentioned in speeaches in his last days

3 He would be concerned about our the focus of the musci that has teken the minds of our youth

4 He would be concerned about our failure to rpovide as a community that love and comradery that our youth i the prisons say they feel they receive no place other then in the Crips and Boods

5 he would be concerned about a so called porgressive adminsitration that woud create obstacles to working clas people while utsourcing jobs, and bailing out corporate criminals while not ginving remdiation to those losing jobs and homes

6 His focus on the Carribbean was in terms of Pan Africanism, and would hope that other nations would drop the domination that Europe has on their economies

7 He would be outraged about the encroachment of both AFRICOM and the Bill Gates genocide programs, that seek to colonize and subjugate our motherland

In this world today he puts emphasis on the need for people of African descent to yes take care of self but to also have a concern and care for what the Honorable Elijah Muhammed called the collective self! Of We, as a People

[​IMG]

Young African Warrior, listening to African Elder

2. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
  3. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014