Black People : DR. JOHN HENRY CLARK..2/20/05

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    On Sunday 2/20/05 I will be presenting the audio tape of Dr.John Henry Clark entitled: "A Great and Mighty Walk". This film was produced by Wesley Snipes on the life of John Henry Clark. As great as the film is, which I taped...the audio is extremly enlightening and informative.

Dr. Clark deals with OUR HISTORY FROM THE PAST TO THE PRESENT. No areas are left out of his lecture as he moves us through time to bring forth our story that none can afford to miss. So as to make this assesible to all, I will be playing this tape in one of the chat rooms at 9:00 p.m.

If you are a studier of history, of pan africanism, of religion, of nationalism, of slavery, of European history and of our struggles and life, this is an audio tape you will not want to miss !!!

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    that would be great

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Tonight is the night !! Everything from Ancient Egypt on down to the million man marh will be covered by this great historian and scholar !!

4. pdiane

pdiane Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +21
    Although, I don't like what Dr. Clarke says about the MMM, I love him and everything he did for us. He is a great great man. I bought the tape from the internet. Everyone should have it in their library. Enjoy!

5. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    What positives to you think came out of the MMM?

...just curious.

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    PEACE,

I think his comments were more towards his view or rather dislike for Farrakhan than towards the MMM itself......"He said that he's tired of marching (so am I) & he didn't know of any sweeping achievements that came out of it"....

BUt, I know for sure that with him being so close to El-Hajj that he definitely did not like Minister Farrakhan, so being that he was at the head of the march I wouldn't expect him to comment positively on the MMM...........

peace

7. pdiane

pdiane Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +21
    I did see sweeping changes in my community and throughout the country. First of all the crime rate of Black men killing Black men when down drastically after the march. The adoption rate went up after the march, Black men joined organizations, around the country after the march. I saw men walking their children to school, walking them in strollers after the march. Over a million men registered to vote after the march. Preachers started stepping to the plate and doing more around men's issues after the march. They didn't want Farrakhan to show them up because they were embarrassed that their own congregation of men went to the march, after they told them not to.

So I beg to disagree with Dr. Clarke. He was in the the camp of Minister Farrakhan caused Malcom's death, which I hope by now we realize it is not true. Although Farrakhan admitted that he said he set the climate for Malcolm to be killed. But like Martin, Medgar, and so many others they were marked men by this government.