Black History : Dr John Henrik Clarke: Black Women in History

Dr. Clarke presented a wonderful write up in "Black Women In Antiquity" edited by Ivan Van Sertima (pages 123-134)

Thx for sharing!

1Love,
Fine:thinking:

Some notes:

Over half of human history was over before anyone knew that a European was in the world.

Propaganda: They propagated a concept that the world waited in darkness for the European to bring the light when the opposite is truth. Everywhere he went in the world, he put out the light.

Hatshepsut who came from the South (Nubia) started trade between west and east coast and China that lasted until 17th century. Each time Egypt was rescued it was rescued by a force from the South.

18th dynasty: Queen Tiy (with the universal "pouty" mouth of the African) gave birth to Amenhotep IV. "I disagree (with Amenhotep's changes to religion) as a mother; you disagree as an enemy" (said to Amenhotep's enemies when they wanted her to conspire to get rid of her son).

960B.C.: Queen of Sheba (Makeda) - was an empress. Ethiopia was her headquarters. Her reason for visiting Solomon: to collect money owed to Ethiopia. Says Solomon raped her and out of that rape came Menelik. Also said Sheba would NEVER have said "I'm black but comely..." In that era, race was not a factor, nor color (as I've said a million times! :lol: )

Not the last or the greatest was Cleopatra VII (at 1:11) used her charms and political skills to manipulate both Caesar and Mark Anthony and keep the worst of Roman rule from the backs of the African (starting as a teenager). Up until recent times whenever she was depicted on the stage or movies, it was as a white woman with dark make-up and a nappy wig. In 1932 was the first time she was depicted as a white woman (Cobra? name of movie?). Since then, she's been always depicted as white.

Cleopatra's great love was Egypt, not Anthony.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back