Black People : Dr Henry Louis Gates says that Africans were 90% responsible for the slave trade

i really don't think gates has much credibility in the black community. his main audience is whites.
Yet his position exceeds that audience. Not only that but in morphs into notions of 'thank god for slavery, because if it wasn't for that we'd still be praying to trees or guerillas'. Or into smokey robin's "I define me" diatribe in a def poetry session he did years back. "Go to afrika, they don't even like you", or something to that affect is what he said (what that has to do with him having his right to define himself, to this day leaves me clueless). Or as a tool to wrench you off the notion that people of enslaved afrikan descent should get reparations (which is where gates was summoned).

Why not just pay attention James, or did you miss the statement below from Keita’s post that I was responding to?
Keita Kenyatta, post: 840741, member: 4024" I'm going to stop right here because I can eat this subject up and spit it back out with what I know concerning what our people did and did not do. So when one ACTUALLY KNOWS the in's and out's of history on every level, politically, religiously, socially, psychologically and so forth, the answer comes out to be: Yes, our people were 90% responsible....

ok, my bad. my bad. i guess i assumed that nobody in their right mind would say such a thing. i was wrong.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back