Black Entertainment : Dr. Dre Is Prepared To Sue If Michel'le's Biopic Paints Him As A Woman Beater

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075
    In the Spirit of a Sad Situation ... :facepalm:

Dr. Dre Is Prepared To Sue If Michel'le's Biopic Paints Him As A Woman Beater

Last year, Dr. Dre apologized to “the women he hurt” and blamed age and immaturity after journalist Dee Barnes recounted the night the Apple Music exec allegedly pummeled her 1991. The apology also came after ex-girlfriend Michel’le said she suffered five black eyes, cracked ribs and scars during the course of her relationship with the superproducer. With her story left untold in N.W.A.’s biopic Straight Outta Compton, Michel’le is taking to the small screen with an upcoming biopic , which may include Dr. Dre physically assaulting her. However, the super producer is crying foul ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dr-dre-prepared-sue-michelles-182546443.html

[​IMG]
    Getty Images/Lifetime

2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,127
    :10400: .o0( But he is a woman beater ) :11200:

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075
    Yeah, I know :facepalm:

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075

Michel'le responds to Dr Dre threatening to sue Sony Pictures over beating claims in Lifetime biopic

The 45-year-old singer sat down for an interview with Wendy Williams earlier in October to discuss the biopic. Recalling the alleged abuse, Michel'le said: "I stayed because it was normal. After the first hit, you don't think they're going to do it again. I didn't call the police because I didn't want him to go to jail. All the men around me were always going to jail and be gone for years and I didn't think that was a good idea" ...

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/michelle-r...=rss&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news&yptr=yahoo

[​IMG]
    R'n'b singer Michel'le depicts her account of an allegedly abusive relationship with producer Dr DreMichael Kovac/Getty Images

[​IMG]
    Dr Dre, Mike Coppola/Getty Images

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075

Dr Dre threatening to sue Sony Pictures over beating claims in Lifetime biopic

Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge and Michel'le will air on the Lifetime network in the US on 15 October

Dr Dre has reportedly threatened to sue Sony Pictures over a forthcoming biopic which allegedly depicts him as a woman-beater. The hip-hop producer's ex-girlfriend Michel'le will detail her account of their relationship in Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge and Michel'le, which is set to air on Lifetime in the US on 15 October ...

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/michelle-r...=rss&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news&yptr=yahoo

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075
    :yaay:

Dr Dre fans threaten to boycott Beats headphones over domestic assault claims in Michel'le biopic

Michel'le's TV movie Surviving Compton depicts Dr Dre's character as physically abusive

Horrified former fans of Dr Dre have threatened to boycott the hip hop mogul's Beats By Dre headphones range due to his portrayal in TV movie Surviving Compton. The Lifetime film recounted Dr Dre's relationship with his ex-girlfriend Michel'le and her allegations that he was physically abusive towards her ...

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/dr-dre-fan...=rss&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news&yptr=yahoo

[​IMG]

Dr Dre's character physically assaults Michel'le on several occasions in TV biopic Surviving ComptonMike Coppola/Getty Images

7. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    Why are Black people finding it so easy to Boycott other Blacks and can't Boycott corporation using prison slave labor.

Boycott Walmart, Victoria Secrets, AT&T, McDonalds, and a host of other corporations.

Make a difference with your boycott, not a statement.

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075

Good question ...

9. JenaBee63

JenaBee63 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Health Technician/Future Paralegal
    Ratings:
    +240
    I don't get it. He owned it now he doesn't want her to have the right to say it in a movie? I guess he is saying, he made a general statement to the women and not specifically saying it was her. He may have a leg to stand on I suppose. His word against hers. Better yet, his money against hers probably why he's going after Sony.

10. Hermetic

Hermetic going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +233

You are assuming that the majority of Beats by Dre owners are Black. I am not so certain that is the case. I've actually seen more white people using them than I have our own people. Also, I believe that it is fine that we boycott his namesake headphones and boycott those other companies mentioned, because the actions are not mutually exclusive. Besides, his headphones should be boycotted just based on the shoddy workmanship and poor quality sound. The only thing I found good about those headphones was his name on them and even that is now as crappy as their construction.

• True True x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List