Black People : Dr. Amos Wilson (An Experiment Every Black Person Should Know)

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by HODEE, Mar 13, 2014.

1. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795

2. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Thank You Hodee, It should be moor than clear, that what Dr. Wilson stated has conditioned us to the degree, that we have lost sight of who we really are. I have found that many of us don't want to re-learn our Africanness. As if we, would be moving back-ward. As if the western world is the best there is. One can still see how the west shows Africa today. This is some thing I have had a hard time teaching some of my students and their parents. That yes African ways are better than the western way.
    The sad thing is that many won't come back to class. A great many Africans are ashamed of their African-ness... This is what pains me the most...

That we can be so conditioned,... So domesticated, that we wont's seek within, for fear of our greatness...

AXE

3. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    What are you teachings Brother. History, within books, Customs, Dress, Foods etc.
    Are you bringing in dancers to community centers, and church basements like it used to be?

Recall the day when brothers walked the streets in African garb. sisters had their head wrapped looking so fine. Wearing colors that made a brothers mind go places. Vibrant pretty colors of the continent.

4. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    I teach Capoeira in privet places now. I teach for free, so that I can have 100% control of what I teach. During and a little bit after class, I talk about our conning in surviving here and how we used to think about our place on the earth. Traditional out-looks and ways of behavior. I knew a bit before, but have learned about cleaver-ness since practicing Capoeira. and yes I do remember how things were looking up for us here and the Caribbean.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an experiment every blackman should know