Black Spirituality Religion : Dr. Alim Bey Decoding Islam/Shaman Healers

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by tyab14, Jun 28, 2008.

1. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
  2. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    I believe in some of the things that the Gods and Earths preach (like God existing within you, and also their system of supreme mathematics...which both can be linked back to ancient forms of African spirituality), but they lose me when they start putting their own interpretations on the bible and the quran.

3. tyab14

Ratings:
    +78
    He was just looking at it from the metaphysical aspect, decoding the codes......

4. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523

Yeah I understand what he was doing, but I've seen and been to plenty of lectures from the NOI and Gods and Earths, and they pick and choose scriptures and put their own interpretation on it. Now scripture is open to interpretation, but it bothers me because

a.) some of the things they say are far fetched
    b.) there are only certain scriptures they choose to pay attention while ignoring the rest and saying that that information was "added"

Like I mentioned yesterday I really do admire some of their teachings, and some might even say I believe in some of it, but they lose me with the interpretations, and I consider myself a pretty critical thinker........

5. tyab14

Ratings:
    +78
    Dr. Alim Bey is not really affiliated with the NOI or the Nation of Gods and Earths. His base or where he first got started was with the Nation of Gods and Earth but that is it so he just gives that recognition. So in sayin that he is really not part of any of the two groups. Did you check out his background?